Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Noels Caravans oh Noels Caravans
Blighty's done some Noel's ads. Makes me realise he's getting old. :(

Now, I have to assume that AA management know more than I do about listener demographics / ratings / target audiences / running a radio station in general, but.... really? KG???

It's like they've given up.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ente...a/news-story/bc7c8c3783a2b51260e6720d5fae5013

"
“It’s really exciting and a little bit nerve-racking as well. First and foremost it’s really exciting for South Australian sports lovers to have an alternative out there,” The Advertiser columnist said.

“I think this state is far too heavily weighted, on the other sports stations, in the direction of the Crows.

“We’ll be really focused and aware of having that balance."

Kane you host one local sports radio show and a Port employee is the producer of another.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ente...a/news-story/bc7c8c3783a2b51260e6720d5fae5013

"
“It’s really exciting and a little bit nerve-racking as well. First and foremost it’s really exciting for South Australian sports lovers to have an alternative out there,” The Advertiser columnist said.

“I think this state is far too heavily weighted, on the other sports stations, in the direction of the Crows.

Kane you host one local sports radio show and a Port employee is the producer of another.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

"

So, he's left another job?

"

Isn’t that why it failed the first time?

They tried to diversify away from a local market and people stopped listening.

Good luck SEN.

Isn’t that why it failed the first time?

They tried to diversify away from a local market and people stopped listening.

Good luck SEN.
Already alienated 2/3rds of their target market with that article. Hutchy doesn’t realize how disliked Kane is here.

Give them a few months and they’ll have the Ken McGregor and Brent Reilly variety hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucci may well end up at the new Adelaide version in SEN radio. It sounds like they will have Cornes on in the morning with a co-host plus a local drive show with some local live sport and a weekend show.

Who are some local people who could be in contention for a role? He is a list of candidates without a current radio contract
Rucci
Tom Rehn ( I presume he will leave 5aa for SEN given his contract with Croc Media)
John Casey
Tim Giniver
Tredrea (small role with MMM)
Ben Hook
Phil Smyth
Andrew Hayes
Theo Doropoulas

Rucci may well end up at the new Adelaide version in SEN radio. It sounds like they will have Cornes on in the morning with a co-host plus a local drive show with some local live sport and a weekend show.

Who are some local people who could be in contention for a role? He is a list of candidates without a current radio contract
Rucci
Tom Rehn ( I presume he will leave 5aa for SEN given his contract with Croc Media)
John Casey
Tim Giniver
Tredrea (small role with MMM)
Ben Hook
Phil Smyth
Andrew Hayes
Theo Doropoulas

Mark Aiston perhaps?

There is NO way the new SEN Adelaide will work.

It didn't work before and it is less of a chance of working now.

Can't wait for it to languish in the ratings and Kane to come crawling back to fiveaa with his tail between his legs.

Last edited:
I think a few show will be simulcast live across both stations.

Like Gerard Whateley

6-9 Breakfast with Kane Cornes
9-12 with Gerard Whateley
12-4 Malcome Blight
4-5 crows hour
5-6 power hour

To be fair, Graham does have some intelligence, however, Kane is the embodiment of an idiot and an arseh*le
Yes, Kornes is a complete dumb arse, whereas Studley has intelligence... only problem is he has gone senile.

Neither should be in the media.

I think a few show will be simulcast live across both stations.

Like Gerard Whateley

6-9 Breakfast with Kane Cornes
9-12 with Gerard Whateley
12-4 Malcome Blight
4-5 crows hour
5-6 power hour
Won't be like that.
Will be kornes in the morning
Whately
Maher
SA drive sports show
Same evenings.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Mark Aiston perhaps?

There is NO way the new SEN Adelaide will work.

It didn't work before and it is less of a chance of working now.

Can't wait for it to languish in the ratings and Kane to come crawling back to fiveaa with his tail between his legs.

It will struggle but I think Croc Media producers alot of content which will help compared to the previous SEN arrangement. They already have the Cricket, AFL and A-League rights plus two local shows which they already produce. They won't need tompay for that content as they are already calling all those sports for other stations.

That may help.

Last edited:
Does this mean I won’t hear Julie plus the Collingwood supporter on Saturday mornings on 5AA when I’m out and about?
That's the thing, those listeners are too loyal they'd probably stay on Fiveaa.

I'm wondering whether Fiveaa will lose the cricket and soccer coverage now as it will only be on SEN?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back