Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the thing, those listeners are too loyal they'd probably stay on Fiveaa.

I'm wondering whether Fiveaa will lose the cricket and soccer coverage now as it will only be on SEN?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
5aa get the Macquarie radio feed from 3aw for cricket so no change there

I don’t actually understand how they think they’re gonna make this work

That's the thing, those listeners are too loyal they'd probably stay on Fiveaa.

I'm wondering whether Fiveaa will lose the cricket and soccer coverage now as it will only be on SEN?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

dont they get the cricket from Macquarie network

I don't know much about how radio licences work but I presume they will have a DAB station? 1629 is a community station? It must be right at the very top of the dial. I didn't think there was anything past RadioTab.

Last edited:
Well they got close to 0 last time (was getting around 6 when ARN gave 5DN to SEN and Cruise 1323 gets around 8 these days) so the only way is up I guess.

Kane Cornes for breakfast should (and probably) rate 1-2 at best. If they simulcast McClure’s drive show as well it’ll be a bigger disaster than the 2005 version.

Well they got close to 0 last time (was getting around 6 when ARN gave 5DN to SEN and Cruise 1323 gets around 8 these days) so the only way is up I guess.

Kane Cornes for breakfast should (and probably) rate 1-2 at best. If they simulcast McClure’s drive show as well it’ll be a bigger disaster than the 2005 version.
Pembo and Will quaking in their boots

Does anyone else find it bizzare that Cornes thinks the media is too Crows focused?

I realise to survive they will need to be heavy on the Crows i jist think its odd that another media outlet wants to go down the Port path.
footy coverage in Adelaide is Crows-centric but im not after more port coverage, im after more general footy coverage of other teams, sanfl, suburban & country leagues etc, there is a market out there for it, you just need to package it properly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

footy coverage in Adelaide is Crows-centric but im not after more port coverage, im after more general footy coverage of other teams, sanfl, suburban & country leagues etc, there is a market out there for it, you just need to package it properly
There will always be a need for a Crows focused, local content station in Adelaide .....however there also needs to be a lessening on that focus, as stations have resorted to rumors & sensationalism to drive content via talk back

If SEN Melbourne simulcasts shows from Melbourne & adds strong local content ...the overall result will be a broader sports representation & discussion ...and this is good for Sth Aust

SEN for example is starting to get into broadcasting the American NFL

There would be more Crows stuff as a result of Crows being bigger and having a bigger audience.

Port have been very fairly represented, even over represented for a long time.

It smacks of small man syndrome. I can guarantee that if you asked Cornes what he means he wouldn't have a real answer.

I'll give it a go no doubt, as hopefully getting more non-SA team stuff and other sports sounds great.

Last edited:
Are they popular in Adelaide? I love their show.
cant stand them, Will is pretentious and fake and David is a hyprocrite of the highest order, gets on the high morale ground for just about anything when his wife is living off a parliamentry pension which you the tax payer will be paying for at least the next 30 years, i know its not his fault and all but its hard to take lectures from someone who's happy run with the fox's and hunt with the hounds. The very people he detests on his radio show are in his own backyard

Balance?

The Port Adelaide supporters keep saying they want crows/power balance. They don’t want balance, they want 100% power positive and 100% crows bashing by a Port Adelaide identity. Tim Giniver, Warren Tredrea, Kane Cornes but that’s not balance.

Only way that true balance will work in this city, 2 neutral announcers who have no affiliation to either club and that won’t work as no one will listen as they need an identity to capture the audience.

I don’t want to listen to Tim Giniver, saying that I don’t want to listen to Andrew Jarman or Steven Rowe either.

Tom Rhen and Jasper Fjeldstad would be a good start

Can't wait to hear kane talking bout port more.

Does this mean that 6pm show on AA is done?
Yes ....it was always being used as a foot in the door move by SEN ....5AA was the vehicle

If the new station attempts to balance up Port v Crows discussion ....all it will do is open up more opportunities for MMM and 5AA (if they're smart enough)

Balance?

The Port Adelaide supporters keep saying they want crows/power balance. They don’t want balance, they want 100% power positive and 100% crows bashing by a Port Adelaide identity. Tim Giniver, Warren Tredrea, Kane Cornes but that’s not balance.

Only way that true balance will work in this city, 2 neutral announcers who have no affiliation to either club and that won’t work as no one will listen as they need an identity to capture the audience.

I don’t want to listen to Tim Giniver, saying that I don’t want to listen to Andrew Jarman or Steven Rowe either.

Tom Rhen and Jasper Fjeldstad would be a good start

I want balance too, but you are right, balance isn't the same amount of people and airtime of hosts/callers throwing crap and making up stuff about the other side. I want to listen to people who are able to form an opinion based on the facts and information available, and not pump it up to ridiculous extremes, people who are free to speak their mind without having to keep mates and club relationships happy.

We do get more coverage than Port, but Collingwood get more coverage than the Bulldogs in Melbourne, it's unrealistic to think they should get 50% of the airtime. They get the same amount of interviews and guest spots on Fiveaa, but they've also got a heap of protection since KT/Koch and Ken arrived, scandals talked down, bad performance year after year not really questioned so what would you be allowed to talk about anyway?

We get more coverage in the extreme positive when things are good, but we also get extreme negative coverage when things are poor.

Last edited:
Lol

The idea of people voluntarily listening to Kane Cornes and Sam McClure.

Ice to eskimos is a better business plan.
The details of who is hosting what will be important to its success.

If Rucci is involved in any show im not bothering.

The up side might be improved talent on AA and MMM though.

The details of who is hosting what will be important to its success.

If Rucci is involved in any show im not bothering.

The up side might be improved talent on AA and MMM though.

The idea of willfully listening to Kane Cornes is more ridiculous than willfully listening to Alan Jones.

Both ****wits, but at least Jones has a tone of voice suited to radio.

The idea of Kane as the local content, then straight into the Melbourne feed is an incredibly poor idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back