Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Tony Armstrong retiring from ABC Breakfast. Moving on to another ABC special project.

Strange that he delisted rather than given the chance to announce his retirement. Surely he's not expecting another club to pick him up at age 33.
I thought so too. You would have thought they'd let him announce it but it if not then it would indicate he wants to play on. Strange given he's 33 yrs old.

Cats cut 7 players and did it in one whack! I don't mind that. Ours always seems to come out in dribs and drabs.

Luke Parker in here now

Hanners is an absolute legend.

Probably one for the unpopular opinions thread but I wish we'd given him an opportunity to finish his career as a Swan when he approached us at the end of 2022.
He was not in a good space at the time and had to get out of Melbourne

Last edited:
He was not in a good space at the time and had top get out of Melbourne
Maybe in hindsight it was best for him that we didn't. Managed to get his life back in order so perhaps kicking the can down the street for a couple of years may not have had the same outcome for him.

He's one of my all time favourite players so would have loved to see him run around for us again. Has a lot of heart and determination as well.

Just glad he's doing well now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back