Remove this Banner Ad

bigman

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lets start with the ugly

We were not switched on. Melbourne wanted the ball much more than us. We were killed in contested ball and we were beaten by a much more desperate side in the first half.

The Ugliest

S.Welsh - I haven't seen a more pathetic effort since David Pittman in 97. Against Richmond was it?

The Good:

Ricciuto’s Return. Very impressive comeback. Struggled in the first quarter but just got better as the game wore on. Kicked 2.2, including one beauty from 55 metres out. What a champion.

Johncock. Started poorly, but IMO he was very effective in the last half and was one of the main reasons we got back into the game. Started looking more comfortable.

Scott Stevens. When moved forward he was great; took some terrific overheard marks and gave us a good target.

Jason Porplyzia. Brilliant game from Porps, his best for the AFC. Best hands I've seen.

The Bad:

Disposal. Almost everyone was guilty of turning the ball over and not hitting targets. Our handballing today was terrible and too often we put teammates under pressure.

Coaching. Craig allowed Bruce and Green to run free all day and they combined for 60+ possessions. Not putting Griffin in the forward line was also a poor decision.

The Ugly:

Forward line. Bock and Welsh gave us nothing, Bock can’t run and Welsh didn’t even seem to care.

Injury to Brent Reilly. We were shown just how important Radar is to our team because we were slaughtered in the middle. He was great when on, including a beautiful 50+ metre pass from defensive fifty to a teammate on the wing.

The thing that I find most annoying with Welsh and if it could fix it he would be a constant match winner is his soft hands, he does the hard work and gets front position leads and doesnt hold the mark.

I have seen Welsh play worse than he did today, I would possibly put Thommo in possibly as the worst today, though I must admit that I did only see it from half way through the first quarter onwards.

The good: Goody, Edwards and Porps, Stevens, I even thought Dogga stood up and got some important touches in the last quarter.

The bad: our forward line !!!, perrie's and radar's injuries.

the ugly: our 2nd quarter, Welsh's Shirley's and Mattner's cruicial missed shots, welsh bock and thommo preformances.

The Good:
-The return of the Roo.
-A better game by Johncock who looked more comfortable in the 2nd half and should start hitting his straps soon.
-Porps.
-Stevens up forward.
-Spotting Vic Crow & Gets in the crowd in the 1st quarter

The Bad:
-Injuries to Reilly and Perrie (on the news it just said he may be out for 2 months

The Ugly:
-The first 7 minutes of the first quarter.
-The 2nd quarter.
-Our disposal all game.
-Mattner's decision making.
-Shocking misses on goal.

Lets start with the ugly

We were not switched on. Melbourne wanted the ball much more than us. We were killed in contested ball and we were beaten by a much more desperate side in the first half.

Not only were we both strating new threads at the same time ....but the thrust of our assessment was basically the same ;)

The Ugly:
Welsh: What the hell.
Goal kicking in general.
"Hands in the back" rule. The one against Bock was appalling.

I didn't think Bock was that bad? :confused: I agree he really belongs in defence, but I thought he did some good work, particularly in the 2nd half. I was hoping he would kick a bag though - to stick it up that little b1tch who was thumping him every 2 seconds. Loser.

Two bad calls ....Bock hung his head in shame as soon as he did it ...... the most obvious free kick of the day ....and your saying it was appalling .... think that's a supporters perspective ;)

And BOCK WAS BAD ..... he was just not thinking, he was weak in his attacks on the ball ...he used no physicality in his game ...couldn't take a contested mark ....and when confronted panicked.

ver similar to the finals game he played for WWT a couple of years ago and was condemned for

Two bad calls ....Bock hung his head in shame as soon as he did it ...... the most obvious free kick of the day ....and your saying it was appalling .... think that's a supporters perspective ;)

You are kidding.

That 'hands in the back' against him was atrocious - it was 95% forearm with a miniscule change to hand when Bock raised his arms to take the grab.

Bock hung his head not in shame but because he couldn't believe how much of a f#cked call it was and how much the current 'interpretation' is ruining the game we all grew up loving.

If you think that was the correct call we should hand back our AFL license and give the Thunderbirds a run for their money.

You are kidding.

That 'hands in the back' against him was atrocious - it was 95% forearm with a miniscule change to hand when Bock raised his arms to take the grab.

Bock hung his head not in shame but because he couldn't believe how much of a f#cked call it was and how much the current 'interpretation' is ruining the game we all grew up loving.

If you think that was the correct call we should hand back our AFL license and give the Thunderbirds a run for their money.

I'm an unashamed supporter of the new ruling ....its as the game has been played for over a hundred years ....only modified not to the betterment in the last 15 years.

The Bock call was correct .....all the Crows supporters in the box with me agreed

I'm an unashamed supporter of the new ruling ....its as the game has been played for over a hundred years ....only modified not to the betterment in the last 15 years.

So you believe that a small forward who had no business even being in the contest due to his positioning getting (what should have been) a certain goal from what was a textbook bodying out is good for the game?

If a decision like that ever costs us bigtime - ie, a position in the eight, a home final or heaven forbid, a Premiership - I will shit my pants and mail them to Demetriou.

The Bock call was correct .....all the Crows supporters in the box with me agreed

The Channel 10 commentary team agreed with me. I win.

Just when I start thinking you are about the mark WW you come out with this. The rule may not be that bad, the interpreation by the umpires is phukking ridiculous.

The replay showed virtually no contact.

So you believe that a small forward who had no business even being in the contest due to his positioning getting (what should have been) a certain goal from what was a textbook bodying out is good for the game?

If a decision like that ever costs us bigtime - ie, a position in the eight, a home final or heaven forbid, a Premiership - I will shit my pants and mail them to Demetriou.

The Channel 10 commentary team agreed with me. I win.

:p

BTW use of forearm doesn't provide cart blanche to put in an opponents back ....if it's a push in the back it doesn't matter what body part you have used to push an opponent out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:p

BTW use of forearm doesn't provide cart blanche to put in an opponents back ....if it's a push in the back it doesn't matter what body part you have used to push an opponent out

It wasnt a push.

The decision given was 'hands in the back' - the last thing we need is to further encourage the ever-increasing scourge of forwards propelling themselves forward looking for a cheap free.

Bock was always in the boxseat, he used his superior positioning to advantage, bodied out cleverly and took what was a superb defensive mark - and here you are applauding the subsequent decision to reward Russell Robertson a free goal.

I'm flabbergasted.

Dal Santo > j00

:D You can't be serious?

Even the Channel 10 commentators, who were all ridiculously biased, said it wasn't a free. How the heck could you say otherwise? Watch it again, I guarantee that you are wrong.
Without the benefit of seeing it on TV or replayed .... I thought seeing it live and with a pretty good view of it that it WAS the right call.

It wasnt a push.

The decision given was 'hands in the back' - the last thing we need is to further encourage the ever-increasing scourge of forwards propelling themselves forward looking for a cheap free.

Bock was always in the boxseat, he used his superior positioning to advantage, bodied out cleverly and took what was a superb defensive mark - and here you are applauding the subsequent decision to reward Russell Robertson a free goal.

I'm flabbergasted.

Dal Santo > j00

I highly doubt Bock did anything superior today ......waek, weak display today and follows at least a three week trend

Without the benefit of seeing it on TV or replayed .... I thought seeing it live and with a pretty good view of it that it WAS the right call.

Well I echo Mr. Drummond's sentiments.

Watch the replay and you and your boxmates will be pwned.

Well I echo Mr. Drummond's sentiments.

Watch the replay and you and your boxmates will be pwned.

DT I will suffer the indignety and watch the replay ....and will give you my view later ....btw what is pwned???

The Good:
Very little other than Porplyzia really. Seeing Stiffy getting more of the ball in that last quarter was good too. Oh and that Roo got through unscathed, played much more of the game than I expected him to, and slotted a couple of good goals. (He didn't have the effect on the game that many thought he would though - his presence clearly didn't make us grow an extra leg). Those who put up a valiant effort: Goody, McLeod, Edwards, Knights, Porps and maybe Bassett. I guess I will put Huddo there because he tries so hard even though he wasn't as effective as normal.

The Bad:

Where to start here. The fact that we clearly didn't come to play. Our mental approach to games this year continues to be a real concern. Decision making by MANY. Handballs to players under pressure, poor skills and turn-overs. Bad kicking for goals (AGAIN). Disappointed with VB, Rutten, Stevens, Mattner, Shirley. Injuries to Sarge and Reilly.

The Very UGLY:

Scott Welsh, Nathan Bock and Scott Thomson. All three will want to forget this game in a hurry.

Don't let your anti-Bock attitude get in the way of the truth. ;)

One game report doesn't constitute an anti-Bock attitude ....hell he played bad ....REAL BAD ...that's just the facts

DT I will suffer the indignety and watch the replay ....and will give you my view later ....

Good. I expect your apology/resignation on my desk come Monday morning.

btw what is pwned???

j00!

nick_dal_santo_med.jpg

WW has got one thing right, Bock has been very ordinary of late. Time to either go back to CHB, or back to the SANFL. He's not a forward.
No I think your right he's not a forward ....not enough tricks, wide turning circle ......got away with it last year as a pinch hitter but coaches have studdied him hard and most teams seem to have the right match-ups for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Good, the Bad and the Very Very Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back