The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

The poll is probably pretty accurate re Gaza but I suspect most people wouldn't care enough either way to actually change who they vote for.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
that is the truth regarding about 95% of issues though

there are very few that people will vote based on, most are nice to haves

its why parties don't really give a shit what people want most of the time, they know it won't burn them at the election

Who can you vote for this upcoming election?
Not possible to vote for Dutton - position on global matters is intolerable for me.
Can’t vote for Albanese - don’t agree with government position on Israel, he’s a w***er, and I don’t agree with the tax cut changes.
Are the greens the only ones left? Will most likely speak to the people handing out the pamphlets on voting day and see which party has the least Israeli cuck position and just vote for them.

Who can you vote for this upcoming election?
Not possible to vote for Dutton - position on global matters is intolerable for me.
Can’t vote for Albanese - don’t agree with government position on Israel, he’s a w***er, and I don’t agree with the tax cut changes.
Are the greens the only ones left? Will most likely speak to the people handing out the pamphlets on voting day and see which party has the least Israeli cuck position and just vote for them.

Hello preferential voting - you'll eventually have to pick one.

That's my view, but others may think otherwise.

I am with the Greens on this one and think the ALP and LNP are getting a bit pissy over people daring to protest. I haven't heard of any reports of violence or threats of violence against politicians here that expressed pro-Israel views.

Must be a reason both major parties are pissed at the Greens. Generally they'd give them as little attention as possible. Are the Greens cutting through?
There are only about 6-7 political entities that get any real mention in the media (Labor, Libs, Nats, Greens, Teals, the far right and occasionally Lambie), and of those, the Greens are the only ones that are openly supportive of the rights of Palestinians. Though at least Pocock has called for an immediate, lasting ceasefire, so kudos to him for also being against genocide. But only people in the ACT can vote for him. Everywhere else, the Greens are the sole voice against genocide.

I think anyone who is pro-Palestine and thinks it to be an important enough issue to consider when voting, is now at least taking a look at the Greens, even if they haven't yet bit the bullet and voted for them. That will include a lot of Muslims, who have historically been big supporters of Labor despite their social conservatism (really, it's a massive own goal by the LNP that they've spurned so many easy votes because of their hostility to Islam). Labor knows that seats like Wills where the Greens have a presence but couldn't build support in the Muslim Australian community, are now in danger.

HE drives the prime minister nuts. Anyone can see that. And Anthony Albanese isn’t alone. The entire Labor caucus seems to loathe Max Chandler-Mather, as do most members of the Liberal-National opposition. When the first-term Greens MP rises to address the House of Representatives, jeering erupts on both sides of the chamber. “It starts almost as soon as they set eyes on him, certainly when he gets up to speak,” says his Greens colleague, Elizabeth Watson-Brown, who sits next to Chandler-Mather in the House. At times the sound rises to a cacophony, she says. “It’s almost like howling. Absolutely bestial.”

At least two MPs – the Liberal National Party’s Michelle Landry and independent Helen Haines – have gone to the Speaker, Milton Dick, to raise concerns about the level of hostility directed at the young Queenslander. Stephen Bates, a fellow Green, sometimes drops into Chandler-Mather’s Parliament House office to monitor his welfare. “Obviously, it’s pretty messed up, being screamed at in your workplace,” Bates tells me. “I go in and check on him: ‘How are you doing?’ ”

Here’s the thing, though. Chandler-Mather appears to be doing just fine. “He’s always in a good mood,” Bates says. “He’s very hard to break, is what I’ll say. They keep trying but they haven’t broken him and I don’t think they will.”
The conduct of the major parties, and especially Labor, towards this man is pretty appalling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarra council has been serving meat dishes, including roast beef and casseroles, to executives and councillors before its monthly meetings, despite urging ratepayers to go vegetarian to tackle the climate crisis.
A succulent roast beef meal was the wording used

and they came out of their ivory towers afterwards

this is what passes for news on Channel 7

absolute right wing chud bingo in this piece

You can imagine the outrage if they find out that it's also recommended that you turn off the light when you leave a room.

"I did that when I left the kitchen, but my kid was at the kitchen table studying!"

GREENS PUSH TO FORCE CHILDREN TO DO THEIR HOMEWORK IN THE DARK!

The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back