The I Was Right thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He should become a solid B/C Grader. Maybe as early as next year.

This year though he was poor and was the difference between a Prelim finish and playing in a Grand final. It's OK to be a developing player but as he is not able to play any position outside of centre square midfielder we are a worse side for him being in the team

We spoke about this yesterday.

He wasn't THE difference, he was part of the difference.

Virtually everyone had an ordinary game, Stengle was even worse, Holmes was injured, players were sick, and even our coaches box was disrupted.

To lay the blame at the feet of any one individual, let alone Bruhn, is unfair.

Wrong.
Jeremy Cameron went missing in the final quarter and he's one of the most expensive footballers in the league.
We got very little out of Tom Atkins who had been averaging 18 disposals per game prior to the weekend's match.

Blaming it solely on a kid who has only played 35 games at a new club is pathetic.
It was on many things.

Stengle missing easy chances.
Bad goal kicking Q1. Always costs you in finals.
Not taking advantage of Stanley's ruck dominance (hitouts are bloody useless).
Giving them the corridor kick all 2nd half. They nailed them frequently.

I think it is fair to say all mids bar Danger and Holmes were poor, while not advocating for drastic changes or delistings. Smith with change the dynamic.

Bruhn wouldn't be my no.1 midfield concern.

Would have Atkins - age and lack of growth left. Clark - Lots of potential that may or may not be realised. Stevens - Footy is a transition game now and Stevens is a slowish mid. He needs to excel at the inside game to make it. Not sure he will reach that level.

It was on many things.

Stengle missing easy chances.
Bad goal kicking Q1. Always costs you in finals.
Not taking advantage of Stanley's ruck dominance (hitouts are bloody useless).
Giving them the corridor kick all 2nd half. They nailed them frequently.

I think it is fair to say all mids bar Danger and Holmes were poor, while not advocating for drastic changes or delistings. Smith with change the dynamic.

Bruhn wouldn't be my no.1 midfield concern.

Would have Atkins - age and lack of growth left. Clark - Lots of potential that may or may not be realised. Stevens - Footy is a transition game now and Stevens is a slowish mid. He needs to excel at the inside game to make it. Not sure he will reach that level.

Stevens looks real slow in my limited viewing.

But then Sam Mitchell and Greg Williams weren't quick either, so maybe there's a chance.

Look, he did have a crap game. That said, he didn't start in the middle so far as I saw till the fourth quarter?
He may have had gastro &/or Covid. It was in the club, and Bruhn was flat all game.

Remove this Banner Ad

The I Was Right thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back