The Josh Kennedy Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd, Perth Glory.
14 goals 2 behinds this year and 6th on the goal kicking tally after Round 5. He has really been good in all the games this year and it's good to see us have a consistent tall forward for once, if only he got better delivery he would be leading the goal-kicking.

Love his kicking for goal. Always feel confident when he is taking the set shot.

He has earned his goals too. Imagine if he was getting half decent delivery, he would be winning the coleman.

I wouldn't trade him for anyone. I love him, very much.

love what Kennedy is doing this year. Showing lots of potential. I think we have a star in the making, looks like he will kick 50-60 goals by season end.
His probably our most important player now too, there's no one that I would say is more valuable then Kennedy on our list.

Has an unusual run up which for some reason makes people think he is a poor kick at goal (at least that was the talk last year). I think he's always been good, but 11.0 from set shots this year is terrific.

And he's had a very tough time getting them too with the way we kick into the forward line.

Kennedy is going to be an absolute gun. If only you blokes would play LeCras further up the ground he might get some decent delivery.

Appreciate? That's an understatement!
I honestly think that he will become our sides most important player, that's if he isn't already.

Kennedy is going to be an absolute gun. If only you blokes would play LeCras further up the ground he might get some decent delivery.

haha..not that weary ol lecras subject ..youll open up up a can o' worms (again)..but you could be right.?
yep lock kennedy in..he's the one..got the goods..needs to work on his marking..but presents,presents,and always a scrappy contest to earn the ball,often doubled up on-shows the respect other teams have.i like the way he goes about it too-businesslike,not too much hooplah..

I recall Kennedy early on, possibly his first game for us flying the flag for a team mate.

Loved the guy ever since.
Would also love a few more like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone else said in another thread that he's the youngest player in the top 10 goal kickers and it's dead true.

Roughead is only 7 months older (I thought he would've been younger) and everyone else is mid to late 20s.

In the top 20 goal kickers you have Ballantyne, Pettard and Jack Reiwoldt who are all younger but they're all down at equal 16th, whereas Josh is at outright 6th.

So yeah, his goal kicking has been supurb.

Incidently, I remember a thread from last year comparing Kennedy and Tippet. Someone should bump that to brighten up a (so far) sorry season.

I love JFK!!!

Works his ****ing arse off week in week out and gets the reward every week with some goals...

Needs to be more of a presence in terms of marking but his kicking is great...As has been said for a team where the midfields provide shite service to the forwards every week he is going great guns....Would certainly have more goals if he had the better service.

Thanks Judas you twat :)

love the bloke. has been superb this season. and to think some thought both hansen and him could work in tandem and that hansen was as important as the fridge.

kennedy is the most important player in our team. some pacey midfielders and hes gonna tear the league apart.

Been on his bandwagon since day 1. When others dogged him in the Chris Judd trade I welcomed him. He is a gun, has a great set of hands and is a dead eye dick in front of goal. IMO his marking hasn't been as good as we know it can this season until the game against Sydney where he was taking everything.

Legend!

P.S So stoked to be his sponsor :D

Remove this Banner Ad

The Josh Kennedy Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back