List Mgmt. The Kelly and All Draft and Trades Discussion Thread- #freetim #ITSHAPPENING

What will we pay for Kelly?

• 2019 1st, future 2020 1st and 2nd for Kelly and their 2020 2nd

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • 2019 1st and future 2020 1st

Votes: 99 46.9%
  • 2019 1st plus a player e.g. Petrucelle, Brander

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • 4th rounder and Kurt Mutimer

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
true but at the end of the day, we didn`t want him enough ,which was understandable ..

Hindsight shows we probably could have gone back to back this year if we had gotten Kelly ..To compete with Richmond and get a edge and keep improving ..We need to make sure we don`t mess this up ..
We didnt want him enough to put ourselves out of 1 and a half drafts .

Tell me more?
Hawthorn wanted to trade for Jade Rawlings from North. North were not interested.
Bulldogs also wanted Rawlings
Bulldogs had a chat with the Hawks and gave them pick 6 for a player that Hawks we’re going to delist(Laughlin Vesle)
Rawlings then walked to The PSD where Bulldogs had first pick.
Bullies got Rawlings and Veale, Hawks got pick 6 and North got Naught

Wce got 16 wins and missed a double chance by percentage so seems pretty obvious that we could have had a few extra wins or if not less hidings during the year ..
Or we could have traded for Kelly, he proceeds to injure himself in a trampolining accident and has no bearing on our season whatsoever whilst we miss out on picking our next great ruckman Bailey Williams

Or we could have traded for Kelly, he proceeds to injure himself in a trampolining accident and has no bearing on our season whatsoever whilst we miss out on picking our next great ruckman Bailey Williams

that's a shitty way to look at it but regardless Kelly ain`t no tweener like the ladies man Wellers ..

that's a s**tty way to look at it but regardless Kelly ain`t no tweener like the ladies man Wellers ..
Having a cry about not being able to trade for him last year when it's clear Geelong were never going to trade him is shitty as well.
We didn't get him, get over it and hope we pull it off this year.

Having a cry about not being able to trade for him last year when it's clear Geelong were never going to trade him is s**tty as well.
We didn't get him, get over it and hope we pull it off this year.

Well I only mentioned it now or possibly once before a month or so ago so its hardly crying about it ..

Getting the impression that this will be done on Monday. This has been coming for 12 months, a lot of huffing and puffing has taken place in public and both clubs have other deals in mind that can only take place after this one has been concluded.

It is in the best interests of all parties (particularly T.Kelly) to get this out of the way early and move on.

Phone has been buzzing all night but have only just got in from a few drinks and will leave it until tomorrow now before going through them. If there turns out to be anything worthwhile, I'll add it here later on.

Maybe we should be looking at Hawthorns pick 11 in exchange for 3 of our later picks
They will need extra points for Father Son prospect Finn McGuinness

Getting the impression that this will be done on Monday. This has been coming for 12 months, a lot of huffing and puffing has taken place in public and both clubs have other deals in mind that can only take place after this one has been concluded.

It is in the best interests of all parties (particularly T.Kelly) to get this out of the way early and move on.

Phone has been buzzing all night but have only just got in from a few drinks and will leave it until tomorrow now before going through them. If there turns out to be anything worthwhile, I'll add it here later on.
God damn Dylan.

What am I to do before you give me my trade updates?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn wanted to trade for Jade Rawlings from North. North were not interested.
Bulldogs also wanted Rawlings
Bulldogs had a chat with the Hawks and gave them pick 6 for a player that Hawks we’re going to delist(Laughlin Vesle)
Rawlings then walked to The PSD where Bulldogs had first pick.
Bullies got Rawlings and Veale, Hawks got pick 6 and North got Naught

And the Bulldogs felt so bad about it that a couple of years later they traded Rawlings to the Roos for a three-pick downgrade in the 40s!

Lol, no way

true but at the end of the day, we didn`t want him enough ,which was understandable ..

Hindsight shows we probably could have gone back to back this year if we had gotten Kelly ..To compete with Richmond and get a edge and keep improving ..We need to make sure we don`t mess this up ..

Just on that, the Tigers really did exceptionally well picking up Stack and Pickett the way they did.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it really makes you wonder why we didn’t just put those guys on our list ahead of some other rookie picks.

Geelong are surely just posturing this time. All power to them last season. Kelly was contracted and they held him to that contract.

If Kelly’s manager is still saying he wants to go to West Coast half way through the trade period then mediation will occur.

Poor advertisement for youth in the Afl . To be trapped where you dont want to be . Then to be so difficult to return and work /play where you will be content .
Agree with your post mate.

Finding this is very amusing that the Pussy capers are tainting their own reputation with the T Kelly trade.
So far C Scott and S Wells have portrayed the club as unprofessional and somewhat amateurish in this regard.
This will definitely turn off future afl players and future trades (with other clubs).

Keep it up...
511794_cosmickittygal567_official-ass-hat-award.png

Pick 14 and 33 and future 2nd round for T Kelly
hE's UnCoNtRaCteD

Just on that, the Tigers really did exceptionally well picking up Stack and Pickett the way they did.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it really makes you wonder why we didn’t just put those guys on our list ahead of some other rookie picks.

Easy to see why we didn’t take them... both with a long history of off field troubles. Easiest way to control off field troubles - take them across the country away from their enablers and social circles.

How would we have kept them on the straight and narrow when they can leave training and go hang out with the usual crowd. Pretty hard for them to do that in Melbourne when the crowd is in Perth... moved to a new city, nothing to focus on but footy when they get there.

Can we just get some clarification in here - if Kelly walks to the draft It’s the pre season draft, not the national draft, and you can’t trade picks in the PSD. So no, we can’t simply move up the draft order if Kelly walks, and given it’s based on previous finishing order, we’d need to rely on none of the 13 clubs before us selecting him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we just get some clarification in here - if Kelly walks to the draft It’s the pre season draft, not the national draft, and you can’t trade picks in the PSD. So no, we can’t simply move up the draft order if Kelly walks, and given it’s based on previous finishing order, we’d need to rely on none of the 13 clubs before us selecting him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He can nominate for the national draft.

Geelong won't risk getting nothing.

Quote from Ross Lyon re Luke Ball.

RossLyon said:
That (the failed trade to Collingwood) was the decision we made at the time and we stand by that. Did we want nothing for him? No. Let's be clear on this, Luke wasn't traded or delisted. Luke walked out on St Kilda, of which he had a million dollar-plus contract on the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back