brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals

Seriously, did the club just ask the Charles Sturt council to put the Crows flag up on the Port Rd flag pole!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-flag-on-port-rd/story-fni6uo1m-1226858487895

Naturally, the council knocked back the request.

Another stupid idea from the club. Seriously, who comes up with these ideas.
This while Port continue to flood the airwaves - now with a competition where you win a spot on their legends team that plays before the first showdown, and then into a corp box for the game + an 11 game membership.

To win you call in when you hear the team song played on radio.

So I'm driving home - and listening to not only having the usual smoke blown up their arse by Bone - but their f....g club song!!!!

Geeez!!!!!!

This while Port continue to flood the airwaves - now with a competition where you win a spot on their legends team that plays before the first showdown, and then into a corp box for the game + an 11 game membership.

To win you call in when you hear the team song played on radio.

So I'm driving home - and listening to not only having the usual smoke blown up their arse by Bone - but their f....g club song!!!!

Geeez!!!!!!

Was actually a similar competition for us all last week with the song, although just a 3 game membership.

I wonder if we have managed to get something approved for the first week. A welcome to the Crowval message on a blimp floating around the ground, running out through the state jumper design on the banner, Batman style Crows light over the city haha

Last edited:
Two things

1. Why was this thought to be a good idea? Another cheap shot for the tealsters

2. Stating the obvious, but what qualifies for news these days is depressing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kind of thing probably happens a hundred times a year, with every club in every sport. A marketing pleb has an idea, the organisation goes to the governing body to get approval; the idea gets knocked back. This is a case of standard due diligence, the AFC went to Charles Sturt Council with an idea, they said no, done. Move on. There is no news story here.

The only reason this was reported on is probably because of some anti-Crows flog at the council who is offended over the jumper thing.

In other news, I heard Triggy had dinner this evening. Its speculation, however I'm reporting that he had atleast 2 glasses of wine too

Just a continuation by the Powertizer to make the Crows look inept while pumping the Powa up as much as possible. Holly Petersen must be Rooch's latest pseudonym to get people to read his articles.

"the proviso Port Power was contacted" they would probably get more hate mail from Port supporters if they had bothered to read that far down the page before leaving a comment.

Last edited:
Just seems like a waste of money. I'm not sure what it was meant to achieve. It's hardly good advertising.

Well, that position would have a measurable signage value. The flag would cost less, donuts a perfectly rational decision

The Crows are based in Charles Sturt council area. Port Power are not. Hence the request.

I imagine it was a junior in the marketing department whose made the ask. Good on them - too many folk in Adelaide never do anything because they're worried about the Monday morning quarter backing. It is completely meaningless that they got a no. Just part of doing business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast The latest brain fart from our administration

Remove this Banner Ad

Back