Mega Thread The Latest Kim Duthie Episode

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
She obviously holds the law in contempt. She's been arrested for shoplifting. I've heard rumours that she's been on drug charges.

Everytime she's let off without conviction, she ends up with a clean slate, no priors. This really annoys me. I don't mind if penalties are incredibly light, or waived, or suspended, but to me the law isn't doing its job when perpetrators ( yes even kids ) continue to avoid responsibility for their actions.

When were the drug charges? Shoplifting, drugs, inappropriate sex can all be symptoms of bipolar. I still think in this instance mental health disorder.
but if i were her parents i would want something done to protect her and to protect others. Parents powerless at this point i feel.

I am a big advocate for "tough love" so to speak. If there is no punishment how on earth do they learn. Some kids dont have great role models as parents so that needs to be taken into account also.
I have also seen kids given up on respond simply by having someone strong that believes in them.
No easy answers.

When were the drug charges? Shoplifting, drugs, inappropriate sex can all be symptoms of bipolar. I still think in this instance mental health disorder.
but if i were her parents i would want something done to protect her and to protect others. Parents powerless at this point i feel.

I am a big advocate for "tough love" so to speak. If there is no punishment how on earth do they learn. Some kids dont have great role models as parents so that needs to be taken into account also.
I have also seen kids given up on respond simply by having someone strong that believes in them.
No easy answers.

Most parents at 16/17 still control the money, so the mobile phone/trips to Sydney/ Taxi trips to Ocean Grove / food / nightclubbing and so forth are relatively easily controlled/prevented.
Dont know if her ealrly modelling gave her too much independence. Obviously now she has made plenty from her media appearances.

No easy answers.

It all starts from home.
If the parents don't take responsibility for raising such a misfit, then who else should take the blame for all she's done.
Too many people make excuses for these 'beings'.
When she's 30 years old, who's to blame then.

It goes on & on & on.

Starts from home folks. Everyone else in her path just becomes another victim of a poor upbringing by the parents.

Discuss & argue all you want. People over analyse things to keep physcologists & 'experts' in a job.

They haven't fixed the problem yet.
She makes too much noise for someone that contributes too little in life.

It'll be interesting reading to see where she's at when she's 30.

Oh............shock horror..........she's only a child..........how could one say all these things!
Yeah right!

It all starts from home.
If the parents don't take responsibility for raising such a misfit, then who else should take the blame for all she's done.
Too many people make excuses for these 'beings'.
When she's 30 years old, who's to blame then.

It goes on & on & on.

Starts from home folks. Everyone else in her path just becomes another victim of a poor upbringing by the parents.

Discuss & argue all you want. People over analyse things to keep physcologists & 'experts' in a job.

They haven't fixed the problem yet.
She makes too much noise for someone that contributes too little in life.

It'll be interesting reading to see where she's at when she's 30.

Oh............shock horror..........she's only a child..........how could one say all these things!
Yeah right!
Oh God the world aint that black and white I hope.
There is a saying "it takes a village to raise a child" that is where we are now going wrong. As soon as a kid hits a rough patch, be honest most teenagers will push boundaries, some more than others, people look on and say blame the parents how does that help anyone.

Why should the parents fix this the media blew it up without checking their facts first, Riewoldt reacted wrong in the situation, Nixon behaved inappropriately, the police officer well who knows bit suspicious. Why don't we get their parents up and crucify them for their poor upbringing.

How do you propose they could even fix this problem. Shit she had all the media saying poor girl, her supporters telling her she was doing a great job, and even the people bagging on her only egged her on as she steeled her resolve to beat them. How are her parents to possibly tell her what she is doing is wrong.
I have said before and will say again this was handled wrong by everyone.
As for who takes the blame, well the girl herself in the end. I have a 17 year old when he stuffs up I don't take blame I tell him to face up to his own responsibilities.
I think some of the men in this have a few things to answer for as well.

That said, I have completely changed my mind after reading some of the stuff spoken on here. I was thinking like a Mum know I am thinking like a female. You go girl! Men need to learn a lesson have gotten away with way too much over time. If they didn't behave badly, due to their poor upbringing, then society would be such a great place. I would be proud to call you my daughter, you have outsmarted some very powerful, arrogant men at the tender age of 17. Showed more guts than most, stuck to your guns in the face of adversity. You have used the system perfectly. For those who call you stupid, have a look at how she has done this. Takes someone with a more than a few scrupils to pull that off. If Riewoldt hadn't allowed that stupid photo to be taken his reputation wouldnt be damaged. If Gilbert had of had more security on his computer. Why is everyone jumping up and down because shock horror she hurt the reputations of a few elite footballers how dare she.

I blame the Dad's on this occasion didn't teach their sons, if you play with fire you will eventually get burnt or hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Or think with the right head son because a moment of pleasure could lead to a life time of pain. Want me to go on??:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outsmarted?
If breaching trust is the same as being smart? ( Gilbert/photo's )
Is lying about being pregnant for attention or advantage , intelligent?

Putting stolen naked photographs of people you dont know in the public demain for percieved revenge.
Anyone who thinks this is intelligent or behaiviour to be condoned has no idea.

Maybe you are bipolar Mumschoice ( since we seem to be good at diagnosing mental disorders over the internet these days ).

Newsflash! If you are 16 or 17 and even half attractive and offer yourself up to some guys in their early twenties, some of them will go for it. They may not want to marry you in the morning, but miss megamind seemed to struggle with this last part.

There is a saying "it takes a village to raise a child" that is where we are now going wrong. As soon as a kid hits a rough patch, be honest most teenagers will push boundaries, some more than others, people look on and say blame the parents how does that help anyone.

Why should the parents fix this the media blew it up without checking their facts first, Riewoldt reacted wrong in the situation, Nixon behaved inappropriately, the police officer well who knows bit suspicious. Why don't we get their parents up and crucify them for their poor upbringing.

How do you propose they could even fix this problem. Shit she had all the media saying poor girl, her supporters telling her she was doing a great job, and even the people bagging on her only egged her on as she steeled her resolve to beat them. How are her parents to possibly tell her what she is doing is wrong.
As for who takes the blame, well the girl herself in the end. I have a 17 year old when he stuffs up I don't take blame I tell him to face up to his own responsibilities.

That said, I have completely changed my mind after reading some of the stuff spoken on here. I was thinking like a Mum know I am thinking like a female. You go girl! Men need to learn a lesson have gotten away with way too much over time. If they didn't behave badly, due to their poor upbringing, then society would be such a great place. I would be proud to call you my daughter, you have outsmarted some very powerful, arrogant men at the tender age of 17. Showed more guts than most, stuck to your guns in the face of adversity. You have used the system perfectly. For those who call you stupid, have a look at how she has done this. Takes someone with a more than a few scrupils to pull that off. If Riewoldt hadn't allowed that stupid photo to be taken his reputation wouldnt be damaged. If Gilbert had of had more security on his computer. Why is everyone jumping up and down because shock horror she hurt the reputations of a few elite footballers how dare she.

I blame the Dad's on this occasion didn't teach their sons, if you play with fire you will eventually get burnt or hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Or think with the right head son because a moment of pleasure could lead to a life time of pain. Want me to go on??:D

lol yes go on!! i enjoyed that :D

You've managed to contradict yourself twice in this highlighted statement and thus proven what a clown you really are. I normally wouldn't give creedence to such an absurd and unbalanced argument but people like you truly shit me to hell. Firstly, no, you're not thinking like a female. You're thinking like a crazed and desperate feminist who is so datached from reality that despite all of the damning evidence against this girl and her motives you still believe that she is some sort of martyr for "women's rights". You are very much in the minority here, as most women aren't so desperate to hold onto this notion that their gender automatically makes them a victim of society. You talk of taking responsibility, and then you completely excuse her of the shameful things that she has done by attempting to shift the blame on Gilbert for not having enough security on his computer?? Good Lord. Want me to go on??:D Why not! Here's a quote that I found interesting; " people look on and say blame the parents how does that help anyone", only to be followed up with this comment; "I blame the Dad's on this occasion". Nice one:thumbsu:. If, as you say, you would be proud to call KD your daughter then what a truly sad reflection this is of you.

Outsmarted?

Putting stolen naked photographs of people you dont know in the public demain for percieved revenge.

Maybe you are bipolar Mumschoice ( since we seem to be good at diagnosing mental disorders over the internet these days ).

Newsflash! If you are 16 or 17 and even half attractive and offer yourself up to some guys in their early twenties, some of them will go for it. They may not want to marry you in the morning, but miss megamind seemed to struggle with this last part.

I wouldn't bother anymore mate. No matter how much reason and rationality that you present to a person who thinks like this they won't listen to you, or be capable of understanding it for that matter. It's futile!

I wonder who she will be with next.

I wonder if she has realised just how much this has completely ruined her life. She wont be able to get high paying/status jobs, etc. She really is pathetic.

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that mum is nagging us?:p

And do you expect me to actually read all of those words? Too hard. TL;DR :thumbsu:

Outsmarted?

I actually do suffer mental illness. Clinical depression for two years, however, they do believe could have bipolar II disorder but that is not an easy thing to diagnose quickly. My 14 year old daughter attempted suicide in December last year. We are not sure if it was simply her reaction to my ill health or that she too may have bipolar. She is doing much better thankfully.

My whole reason for being on here is to try and raise awareness of what mental illness can do to someone. The first sign of trouble normally comes from someone close to the person thinking "what's wrong with you", the person themselves would have thought this over and over. How many of you thought "what the hell is wrong with this woman".

Now the post was me during a racing thoughts phase I thought if I just let my thoughts race and put them on here maybe everyone could get some idea of what to look out for. My post is all over the shop isnt it.

This is not to get sympathy for myself, I hate sympathy personally, but to give a real life example so if someone close to you be it family or a mate has you starting to notice changes in behaviour to the extent that you start to think "what is wrong with you" then be a good mate and try to help.

My family and friends ditched me as during the worst part over a 3 month period I wasn't a nice person to be around. Alot of people kicked me in the guts when I was down, I don't think deliberately just as they didn't understand what was happening with me at the time or how to deal with me. It is simple really, keep calm, never attack the person, just let them know you are there for them and listen non judgementally they are just a few basics as I am trying not to rabble on too much.

True Saints September we cannot diagnose over the internet, but what we can do is be aware and if someone is displaying odd behaviour how about we err on the side of caution so we dont make their life and that of their family more difficult.

Our small country football club had three players attempt suicide last year alone because of mental illness. I look back and realise at the time everyone at the club was thinking "what is going on with him" but unfortunately we didnt help them out just put it down to drinking too much.

Now bag me out if you want for posting this stuff on a footy board but I am just trying to raise peoples knowledge of what mental illness looks like.

I've just read the thread about the passing of that Collingwood bloke, didaka, from bowel cancer.

Just puts all this Duthie crap into perspective - fair in the trash where it belongs.

Shame the media doesn't have the same priorities.

True Saints September we cannot diagnose over the internet, but what we can do is be aware and if someone is displaying odd behaviour how about we err on the side of caution so we dont make their life and that of their family more difficult.

Now bag me out if you want for posting this stuff on a footy board but I am just trying to raise peoples knowledge of what mental illness looks like.

TBh - I see that most of your post is heartfelt and sensible.

However, I take vehement issue with the bolded bit.

Why should we consider her and her family when SHE didn't consider riewoldt or dal santo and the embarrassment she caused their families, let alone sam gilbert........
Whaddya think his mum thought when there's a girl on the news saying that her son got her preggers and then threw her to the gutter like a discarded cigarette butt calling into question not just his character but by extension his upbringing?

there is two sides to each story. maybe instead of pushing the "feel sorry for her barrow", one should consider that players have families as well and that they are not robots.

TBh - I see that most of your post is heartfelt and sensible.

However, I take vehement issue with the bolded bit.

Why should we consider her and her family when SHE didn't consider riewoldt or dal santo and the embarrassment she caused their families, let alone sam gilbert........
Whaddya think his mum thought when there's a girl on the news saying that her son got her preggers and then threw her to the gutter like a discarded cigarette butt calling into question not just his character but by extension his upbringing?

there is two sides to each story. maybe instead of pushing the "feel sorry for her barrow", one should consider that players have families as well and that they are not robots.

Yes I agree with what you say. All I am trying to do is point out that if anyone close to you starts to show behaviour out of character to try and take action. I will clarify that in my post when I was talking about considering the person and their family I was talking in general terms not on the KD case in particular.

I don't know if KD has a mental illness or not but her behaviour seems fairly irrational however you need alot more info than what we have got. BUT please consider for a moment that if she does and people had picked up on it sooner damage to innocent parties and lets face it to herself and her family may have been avoided.

What I will say is if someone has a mental illness and it is not being treated they will not be thinking rationally at all, actually forget all concept of rational thought. Bad judgement, bad behaviour some even take on crusades thinking they can save the world etc. I am not trying to make excuses just explain what happens in some cases of mental illness.

Such is the stigma of mental illness that some parents refuse to get appropriate help for their children, some of whom are harming themselves, because they fear being judged. This information I received from a school counsellor at the start of this year. I was shocked.

Mental illness is just that an illness. Most likely caused by a chemical imbalance. With appropriate treatment most go on to lead normal productive lives, of course being vigilant in ensuring they manage their illness.

If something positive can come out of this mess let it be that we take some time to equip ourselves with more knowledge of mental health issues.

Put it this way if I had a mole on my skin that looked a little odd. What is the best course of action get to the doctor just in case it is something that needs treating or wait risking things getting worse and being left till its too late?

It is often said there are three sides to a story, his, hers and the truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back