The LOSS Response Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We are not a serious threat without or very best 22 out on the park, we are Jamison/Bower/Duigan/Curnow/Robbo/Waite away from that.

West Coast are a very average football side, other then that I am not really worried about the loss.

My only concern is that we didn't use our main weapon today: Speed.
Whether we slowed down intentionally or were just forced into it, we were just too stop/start

We wanted to play on, but West Coast clearly restricted this by filling the holes and pushing back hard to man up.

So many times I saw our guys with the ball getting harassed by an Eagles player, and you could see our guys up the ground were just standing there providing no options at all.

West Coast beat us at our own game today - boys just didn't want to work hard enough, and we were forced to bomb it long to contests all day basically.

Message to everyone:

Ignore all the trolls this week and in coming weeks about us only being able to beat up on weak teams. Dont go near bay 13 or main board threads about us!!

Clearly the players didnt care about today, I dont think we as supporters should either. We have bigger fish to fry and I am in no doubt when it comes to Cats and Collingwood we will lift. Dont want to peak in June.

Message to everyone:

Ignore all the trolls this week and in coming weeks about us only being able to beat up on weak teams. Dont go near bay 13 or main board threads about us!!

Clearly the players didnt care about today, I dont think we as supporters should either. We have bigger fish to fry and I am in no doubt when it comes to Cats and Collingwood we will lift. Dont want to peak in June.
damn those mineral spas

Your team is shit get over it.

Our intensity was at its worst for the season and clearly worse then everything since the Crows/Saints games.

Like it or not we need a mid season drop off to come back decent come finals time.
Cummon mate.

We got rubbished by certain Carlton supporters before the game, WC solidly beat Carlton and you rubbish us still.

If both teams were full strength I still think we would have won but it would go right to the wire.

I enjoy watching Carlton play, they have a great side in the making so no need to be a poor loser.

Thought we looked lazy and slow today. The eagles just spread, worked and moved so much faster and better than us. It was a disappointing loss as it was a chance to beat another side in the 8 and break well away from 5th:(, But we've been up for a while now so maybe we were due, sometimes you can play bad and still fall in but today we met a side that really wanted the win, credit to the eagles they came to play and were red hot from the get go.

Always next week guys, lets not go bonkers over one loss minus quite a few best 22 players:thumbsu: Reckon we'll come out breathing fire against the tigers next weekend.;)

I think everyone needs to chill out and relax. Its one loss and doesnt determine our season. If we lose 4-5 straight like the dons then yes lets start over anaylsing everything.

But we had 5-6 changes from lastweek? for a young side thats heaps.

I mean out midfield was non existent in this game, our backline was as weak personnel wise as it will be for the rest of the season. No jamo, laidler, duigan...no robo being a maniac around the ground will hurt any side.

Also up forward we had no lead up target (plus no supply from our mids at all) and we have waite to come back.

End of the day the match ups are why we didnt win (they had man mountains everywhere) and our defense being weak as. ...36pt loss is not that bad...

Cummon mate.

We got rubbished by certain Carlton supporters before the game, WC solidly beat Carlton and you rubbish us still.

If both teams were full strength I still think we would have won but it would go right to the wire.

I enjoy watching Carlton play, they have a great side in the making so no need to be a poor loser.

Sorry about davis you guys played very well today and clearly worked harder and deserved the win against us :thumbsu:

If you guys keep playing like that you'll certainly shake up the better teams in the competition especially if your MC keeps getting the match-ups right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry about davis you guys played very well today and clearly worked harder and deserved the win against us :thumbsu:

If you guys keep playing like that you'll certainly shake up the better teams in the competition especially if your MC keeps getting the match-ups right
Thanks dude.

Collingwood is the side that really worries me. They match up well against us, match many of our strengths but have us covered in other areas.

Especially at the MCG.

Our next match against Geelong will be very very telling.

Hopefully we are in for a cracking end to the season with Hawthorn, Geelong, Carlton and WC all being fairly close in ability.

BTW Carlton supporters shouldn't be worried. You had some solid outs, but I think are a genuine contender. Some of WC's key strengths, unfortunately exposed one of Carltons few weaknesses (lack of KP depth), this certainly won't be an issue against most teams.

lets get real. We were missing Curnow, Waite, Duigan, Robinson, Hampson.

Then Jamo went down.

I mean what do you expect. They were playing their perfect 'A' team!

But we still could of won - bloody ********s!

Not enough talls in the side today. Gibbs is not a back line player. Side for next week.

B: Duigan-------Thornton------Laidler

H: Russell--------Waite--------Yarran

C: Scotland------Gibbs-------Robinson

H: Walker------Henderson-----Simpson

F: Garlett-------O'hAilpin-------Betts

RR: Kreuzer, Judd, Murphy

Bench: Warnock, Bower, McLean Sub: Houlihan

Today's loss is a blessing.

Certain players were again found out today and the coach and selectors need to take note pre-finals.

Carazzo - 6 turnovers. Butchers the ball to often. Will not be in our next premiership team so time to move him on.

Henderson - maybe might make it in a couple years but not this year. How faraway Waite?

Warnock - soft. Not a bad tap ruckman but terrible around the ground. Maybe ruck Kruezer with the Irishman playing forward and relieving in the ruck. How faraway is Sentanta?? At least he contest in the forward line.

Austin - just to soft in the marking contest.

Thornton - I know alot people would rate his game. I dont. Not strong enough in the marking contest. Ok when third man up in the contest. Disposal coming out the backline terrible. Like Carazzo needs to be moved on before September. How long out for Laidler and Duigan?

:thumbsu: Good work mate.

Great game and good luck for the rest of the season. :thumbsu::)

It was Lynch (the elbow to the face).

And he'll go for that. And possibly the second one that he actually got done for, but he might get off as it being incidental contact.
He shouldn't go for either. The first was an attempted shepard that slipped high. He did exactly the same thing in the 2nd quarter except the contact was to the chest.

Thanks dude.

Collingwood is the side that really worries me. They match up well against us, match many of our strengths but have us covered in other areas.

Especially at the MCG.

Our next match against Geelong will be very very telling.

Hopefully we are in for a cracking end to the season with Hawthorn, Geelong, Carlton and WC all being fairly close in ability.

I think it's fair to say Collingwood would worry any team except Geelong and maybe Hawks (Injuries aside).

It will be an interesting finals series if those teams you mentioned don't get any serious injuries, because at all their best i believe each side is capable.

Good luck against the Cats in two weeks!

I think it's fair to say Collingwood would worry any team except Geelong and maybe Hawks (Injuries aside).

It will be an interesting finals series if those teams you mentioned don't get any serious injuries, because at all their best i believe each side is capable.

Good luck against the Cats in two weeks!
Thanks heaps dude, we will need it.:(

Cummon mate.

I guess that's your opinion but think back to the third quarter? We almost ran over the top of you with 5-6 of our starting lineup out, no doubt you played better than us today and deserved to win but I think we would have your measure at full strenght. Out of curiosity do the eagles have many injured to come back into the side?

Henderson is light years away from being able to play as a fwd in the afl against good sides.

Henderson may cut it as our second tall defender which is a real positive.

Warnock is a disgrace.

Many of our fringe players are actually that.

Coaching staff no plan b.

However with so many players out loss is irrelevant.

Cummon mate.

You played well today, your still at the same level as Essendon this year though.

Poor loser statements mean little to me, my opinion of your side is the same now as it was before the game.

We'll be fine, if you don't believe the hype of last week. We are well and truly on the right track. Injuries to guys who have been the key to our success this year played a big part in today's result. Hopefully over the next year or two with a few new players and improvement in others we'll be able to cover losing 3 or 4 key players in one week.

Credit to WC tho, they will make the finals interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The LOSS Response Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back