Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

They actually won the flag in 1986 (and 1985, a pox on your house North Adelaide and Mike Nunan).

Those were the years Port has beaten Glenelg in a grand final, who has time to remember everyone that's done it? :p

Port has won more premierships against Glenelg than Glenelg has won premierships.
But, as old wrinkles like to trot out, they have a better record in Prelims against us :drunk:

But, as old wrinkles like to trot out, they have a better record in Prelims against us :drunk:

AFAIK they've lost every grand final after beating us in a prelim so even when they win they lose. :p

We diminish Glenelg even when we lose to them.

Hey, leave Glenelg alone. I found them more than useful in 1977, 1981, 1988, 1990 and 1992. They have provided us with moments of hilarious comedy and tragic pathos that can never be replaced.
I don't know. I'd take 1989/1990 v North Adelaide over most of them..

That's probably because Port sides often went further into finals than they 'should' have given injuries, talent, etc. The '82 is a classic example of this and a few sides that Fos coached won big finals just on heart. Ever heard John Halbert talk about '81 and '82 ? Apparently both us and Norwood thrashed the ' best team that year by a mile' in the respective grand finals. Therein lies Glenelgs problem, winning prelims against us is their pinnacle.

That's probably because Port sides often went further into finals than they 'should' have given injuries, talent, etc. The '82 is a classic example of this and a few sides that Fos coached won big finals just on heart. Ever heard John Halbert talk about '81 and '82 ? Apparently both us and Norwood thrashed the ' best team that year by a mile' in the respective grand finals. Therein lies Glenelgs problem, winning prelims against us is their pinnacle.

On a side note, anyone remember that girl in the Glenelg Cheersquad from that time who had a dufflecoat with so many sew on patches she had to have the bottom of it extended so she could fit more on? It was almost touching the ground. I remember seeing it at the 1981 second semi final.

They actually won the flag in 1986 (and 1985, a pox on your house North Adelaide and Mike Nunan).

Those were the years Port has beaten Glenelg in a grand final, who has time to remember everyone that's done it? :p

Port has won more premierships against Glenelg than Glenelg has won premierships.
And this year, the Bays celebrated 80 years since they last beat Port in a GF :)

5AA is much better to listen to when Kornes is on, I'm glad he's playing on until he gets to 300 games as we don't have a replacement tagger yet but I'm looking forward to him becoming a regular on that show when he retires.

He stirs up their supporters & Rowe like no one else is able to on that station & his inside knowledge into Ports inner sanctum is good listening.

The only shakes head moment was when he said he'd barrack for Glenelg against the Maggies in a GF *barf*.

Pretty damning of cRowe that Kane comes across as the seasoned pro broadcaster of the pair, keeping the show on track with different segments, ad breaks, etc. He's a natural and would run rings around Bickley (should 'elbows' last long enough on 5aark until Kane hangs up the boots).

On a side note, anyone remember that girl in the Glenelg Cheersquad from that time who had a dufflecoat with so many sew on patches she had to have the bottom of it extended so she could fit more on? It was almost touching the ground. I remember seeing it at the 1981 second semi final.
As I was sitting at Adelaide Oval on 7 September last, watching Port in the PB pounding the shit out of a team wearing yellow and black called the tigers on a warm day, I kept having flashbacks to that 1981 second semi final.

Kane & this caller Matt just ganged up on cRowey about how many assistants have been poached to senior opportunities between the 2 SA clubs over the journey & it being a gauge on who's had the most valuable IP.

The show is gold with Kornes on it, Rowe's really struggling with the young buck & losing the power in the box.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane just said 'Happy Birthday you old campaigner to Eddie' lol.

-charlie-chaplin-31776270-345-498.png

uniform-2-06-a8.jpg

november-calendar-md.png

tango.jpg

Kane & this caller Matt just ganged up on cRowey about how many assistants have been poached to senior opportunities between the 2 SA clubs over the journey & it being a gauge on who's had the most valuable IP.

The show is gold with Kornes on it, Rowe's really struggling with the young buck & losing the power in the box.

Its from this point on that Rowie showed his true colours and spat it. He was acting like a 10 year kid. He just comes out with "How many premierships you got Matt?"
Geez what a loser. I think Kane genuinely has him running scared. Waaaambulance was making me laugh in the car on the way home. I think it really pissed him off hahahahahaha

Its from this point on that Rowie showed his true colours and spat it. He was acting like a 10 year kid. He just comes out with "How many premierships you got Matt?"
Geez what a loser. I think Kane genuinely has him running scared. Waaaambulance was making me laugh in the car on the way home. I think it really pissed him off hahahahahaha

I text in earlier in the week asking if Rowe needed a wambulance to get over his "Port being gifted the first Showdown" hyperbole, which was read out.

Kane has run with it since LOL

Dangerously combative for an Ambassador, The Smaller Warrior

Kane is such a legend! Hopefully he has a big media presence in retirement.
Agree big time. Kane's been great value - what a breath of fresh air it's been to have someone actually representing.

But alas no point getting used to it. .. 'elbows' starts next week. ..

Make the ratings jump this week, then next week don't tune in at all and the ratings suffer a dramatic drop. That will show how popular he is and maybe they will make room for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back