Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In SA, unless you've openly pledged allegiance to Port Adelaide, you're generally a crows supporter by virtue of the fact you shop at Foodland, eat Golden North Ice Cream, and believe the Popeye is a more iconic water travelling people conveyance than the Manly Ferry.

When I moved to Melbourne and told people I came from Adelaide everyone assumed that I supported the Crows. It must be a product of being in the law. I must have come from a 'good' suburb and gone to the right school and thus must support the corporation.

Needless to say, anyone assuming that was quickly and forcefully disabused of the notion.

It is so incredibly ridiculous though that it's not worth getting upset over. Its clearly a bay 13 inspired attempt at a joke that was probably just unnecessary.
Not the first time Nick Ryan has written an Cow trolling article. Nick does not hide the fact that he is a Port Supporter.

I can understand some of the corporation's customers being upset at that but if you regularly read his articles you will find that the majority are fairly tongue in cheek regardless of who or what he is having a go at. Contrast Ryan's opinion pieces however to those of Wrinkles which are usually just plainly bitter and negative towards Port Adelaide.

Not the first time Nick Ryan has written an Cow trolling article. Nick does not hide the fact that he is a Port Supporter.

I can understand some of the corporation's customers being upset at that but if you regularly read his articles you will find that the majority are fairly tongue in cheek regardless of who or what he is having a go at. Contrast Ryan's opinion pieces however to those of Wrinkles which are usually just plainly bitter and negative towards Port Adelaide.
Or the king of twats Penbo

Came across some Teachers and Parents yesterday morning all of a sudden wearing crow scarves when I dropped my daughter at school.

I had to pipe up and said to one of her Teachers, " funny all the crow supporters have come out today, and did you enjoy the game?"she replied with, "I didnt watch the game, but we're back!"..

The coversation was over at that point as I bit my lip off fearing I would get my daughter expelled..!

I find it odd how my mate at work Andrew, at the start of the year when I asked "Who do you support?"
He replied "No one in particular"

Today it was "We played really well and we have a good change of making finals now"..

Great guy and I have no hate for the Crows or their supporters, but FFS..and we get called band wagoners?
I work with a guy who reckons he supports Geelong, yet says "we" when referring to the cows. Go figure.

Accused of being a bandwagoner all season, yet hearing plenty from Crows who didn't even go to the game...erm what? You don't go to games? Then **** off before I cut you.

Coming home on the train after the game I met a security guard who said having each team have a win in the year was good for the state. Must have been a cows supporter as no self-respecting Port supporter would ever say that. Although it could be good for Port, brings us back to earth a bit and will make the cows think that Sando is the way to go.

Came across some Teachers and Parents yesterday morning all of a sudden wearing crow scarves when I dropped my daughter at school.

I had to pipe up and said to one of her Teachers, " funny all the crow supporters have come out today, and did you enjoy the game?"she replied with, "I didnt watch the game, but we're back!"..

The coversation was over at that point as I bit my lip off fearing I would get my daughter expelled..!

This was their greatest victory and im the same cant believe the amount of people walking around with their gear on as to thumb their at Port supporters.
I did tune in to listen to Ollie Wines and i was surprised at how low key it was all i heard was messages from Port people actually not slagging off at their players or club or even the umpires with Crowie even confessing to the lop sided umpiring

This was their greatest victory and im the same cant believe the amount of people walking around with their gear on as to thumb their at Port supporters.
I did tune in to listen to Ollie Wines and i was surprised at how low key it was all i heard was messages from Port people actually not slagging off at their players or club or even the umpires with Crowie even confessing to the lop sided umpiring
If we bounce back well it's just a blip on the radar maybe there was a time we got too carried away with Showdowns it seems our neighbours have taken that mantle.

If we bounce back well it's just a blip on the radar maybe there was a time we got too carried away with Showdowns it seems our neighbours have taken that mantle.

"Maybe" there was a time? There certainly was a time. It always seems inversely proportional to where the two clubs are generally heading. When they're up and we're down again some time in the future, we'll probably invest a little extra emotion into them once more.

I work with a guy who reckons he supports Geelong, yet says "we" when referring to the cows. Go figure.
i work with one of those...
Is an Essendon supporter... reckons he even has a membership. Wears bombers gear, talks about their great grand final victories
but refers to the crows as WE and defend them and Sando whenever me and my boss bait him.. he is also a Glenelg supporter

His nickname at work is Crowboy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or the king of twats Penbo

Lol yes.

Cornes, Pen'BERthy, Aiston and Rowe - all official Crows Ambassadors - can lip off and mock Port Adelaide 24/7 but if the likes of Nick Ryan or Peter Goers write the odd article from the other side of the fence it's a disgrace and omg Powertiser!

And let's not forget that Scott Moore clownshoes who has casually defamed the 1950's Port Adelaide teams as being racist hate-criminals on two occasions.

Nick Ryan though, gaw!

I find it odd how my mate at work Andrew, at the start of the year when I asked "Who do you support?"
He replied "No one in particular"

Today it was "We played really well and we have a good change of making finals now"..

Great guy and I have no hate for the Crows or their supporters, but FFS..and we get called band wagoners?
I work with a guy who reckons he supports Geelong, yet says "we" when referring to the cows. Go figure. I have caught him a few times and when thwe cows and Geelong both lo
Lol yes.

Cornes, Pen'BERthy, Aiston and Rowe - all official Crows Ambassadors - can lip off and mock Port Adelaide 24/7 but if the likes of Nick Ryan or Peter Goers write the odd article from the other side of the fence it's a disgrace and omg Powertiser!

And let's not forget that Scott Moore clownshoes who has casually defamed the 1950's Port Adelaide teams as being racist hate-criminals on two occasions.

Nick Ryan though, gaw!

Yep, they are 4 of the 150 official cows ambassadors. Why in the hell would you need that many? I know, so that they can spin, spin, spin for the corporation. Because it has always been about perception rather than reality at cow land.

Funny, im getting text messages galore from cow supporting work mates ( not members ), etc about the showdown, some bordering on abusive. Ive not sent one out, or hardly said anything about the cows all year, apart from on here.

Does it upset me ? bloody hell no !! A quick reminder of the ladder soon shuts them up.

They were missing post Rnd 2.

Anyone would think they just won their GF for the season

They did. But every now and then we have to let the ******ed neighbour feel a little bit special, it would be cruel otherwise.

Let them carry on with all the Pride of South Australia guff they've been on about this week, we've more pressing business at hand trying to become the Champions of Australia.

Funny, im getting text messages galore from cow supporting work mates ( not members ), etc about the showdown, some bordering on abusive. Ive not sent one out, or hardly said anything about the cows all year, apart from on here.

Does it upset me ? bloody hell no !! A quick reminder of the ladder soon shuts them up.
Cows followers are the biggest wan**** of all the AFL supporters. A bunch of tossers with an attitude of massive self-entitlement conditioned by years of physcophantic media behaviour. Also, most of them have no real knowledge of the game.

Fairly reasonable article really. Just the usual stat-spewing with little analysis, but otherwise fair enough.
It does highlight that we probably have players needing a rest. But losing the Showdown and Trengove and Carlile on top of it makes it hard to give Polec (whose got to be reaching the point of how far can his first real pre-season ever take him?) or Ebert (a couple of games he's looked as slow as molasses) what appear to be much needed rests.

Cows followers are the biggest wan**** of all the AFL supporters. A bunch of tossers with an attitude of massive self-entitlement conditioned by years of physcophantic media behaviour. Also, most of them have no real knowledge of the game.

Most who have memberships and actually go to games have knowledge of the game.

But yeah, there's no doubt almost a quarter-century of market saturation has given them a Carltonesque entitlement and accompanying station delusion.

I've only read 2 of their out of the woodwork blow-ins acknowledge they got a much better run with the officiating because for the rest, this goes against their permabelief everything about their team is superior to us by default.

"Betts is the best small forward in SA"

"Tippett Walker is better than Schulz"

"Jacobs is the best ruckman in SA"

"Dangerfield > anyone on your list"

We didn't need the umpires, Sunday was proof we are better.

Any acknowledgement to the contrary invalidates this self-evident belief and ah, by the way, Robbie Gray wasn't pinged for something or other so it all evens out, right?

Okay. Let's revisit things in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back