Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across some Teachers and Parents yesterday morning all of a sudden wearing crow scarves when I dropped my daughter at school.

I had to pipe up and said to one of her Teachers, " funny all the crow supporters have come out today, and did you enjoy the game?"she replied with, "I didnt watch the game, but we're back!"..

The coversation was over at that point as I bit my lip off fearing I would get my daughter expelled..!
change schools quickly … clearly there is nothing of value to be learned at that particular school.

Unbelievable .. they do realise it is played with an oval ball and there are no nets don't they???

Funny, im getting text messages galore from cow supporting work mates ( not members ), etc about the showdown, some bordering on abusive. Ive not sent one out, or hardly said anything about the cows all year, apart from on here.

Does it upset me ? bloody hell no !! A quick reminder of the ladder soon shuts them up.
That's funny i am getting the same text messages and my Cow husband is actually ashamed of them and was telling me what to text back as he knows i never send out such texts after a showdown win. But i have just told them they'd better hurry up and get their grand final tickets asap

That's funny i am getting the same text messages and my Cow husband is actually ashamed of them and was telling me what to text back as he knows i never send out such texts after a showdown win. But i have just told them they'd better hurry up and get their grand final tickets asap

Another "mixed" marriage. I have a cow wife. Ooooh that sounds a bit harsher than Cow husband :p

5aa and MMM are really rejoicing and reliving the heroic win from the weekend in a lot of detail so far this week, from 'is it Eddie Betts' pocket??' to 'will that game be the making Lukey Brown?'.

It wouldnt bother me if they did the same thing for Port, it not like there has been a lack big wins this year. They pay lip service, say how everything is great and move on in >= 2 minutes.

I think this is the first week they are not talking about "the state of the game" for the majority of the week. I guess splitting the field into zones, interchange cap, the bump (is it dead? is it back? on life-support), holding the ball and rolling mauls are things that are talked about when Adelaide looses to Melbourne and Port beat Hawthorn in front of a record crowd.

I can't believe Sando says its Betts Pocket even in Port games... Surrender me now! :D :p

Nick Ryan though, gaw!

On this, I did have to laugh at the Crows BF posters knocking him about being a feral, fat nobody.
You'd think those who prefer Chardonnay would know about one of Australia's best wine writers.

IIRC, he's also PAC alumni, which doesn't really fit their world view of a typical Port supporter.
They'd be very surprised at how many there are like him.

Hearing some beautiful stories about some game day experiences on Sunday:

1. A female Crows supporter spitting in the face of a 10 year old Port lad.
2. 2 blokes throwing stuff at Kane Mitchell, while he was warming up on the boundary.
3. Another female Crows fan trying to start fights all night on the hill, and then getting her boyfriend to king hit a Port supporter.
4. Two lovely Crows females who stood up in front of the disabled area blocking the view of people in wheelchairs. When asked to sit down they gave the bird and came out with a stream of toxic abuse. Security asked them to sit down which they did for several minutes and then stood up again once security had moved on. Charming.

And they have the nerve to call us feral :).

someone was king hit? why didn't this make the news?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe Sando says its Betts Pocket even in Port games... Surrender me now! :D :p

2nsq4vo.jpg

Serenity now?

On this, I did have to laugh at the Crows BF posters knocking him about being a feral, fat nobody.
You'd think those who prefer Chardonnay would know about one of Australia's best wine writers.

IIRC, he's also PAC alumni, which doesn't really fit their world view of a typical Port supporter.

Those same crows supporters are probably the ones who tell us to get over the daily vitriol we cop from Aiston, Penberthy, cRowie et al.

Because they haven't reinvented the story yet to cast a Port supporter as the villain.

He's a Rossi boy, but the gist of what you are saying is correct.

Obviously a conspiracy against Port Adelaide and it's supporters ;)

I mean, sure, like all clubs we do have our fair share of feral supporters but i reckon the key word in that whole post is hearing, i seriously doubt you wouldn't hear anything about a king hit at an event like the showdown even if it didn't really do damage.

Simply, the guy who king hit, would have the book thrown at him regardless of who he supports and such.

He's a Rossi boy, but the gist of what you are saying is correct.
Yeah Rossi was fine but those Coles commercials are shocking. :)

And dont get me started on Robbie, 10 out of 14 games polling in the AFLCA says it all.

But the most important part.

Where is he sitting in the Merv Agars medal?

Another "mixed" marriage. I have a cow wife. Ooooh that sounds a bit harsher than Cow husband :p
At least I have a wife who hates football, so we never have a conflict, come the Showdown - she's even happy for me when we win. Back in 2005, she displayed her undying love for me by lining up for a ticket for that ill fated finals Showdown: she stood in line for 4 hours!!! After dedication like that, the least the Port boys could have done was win the game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back