Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, and we just beat a side that beat the cows in only the 7th game for their new coach.
Copping sh#t from Cow supporters at work yesterday morning about how we were so lucky to win on Sunday. I had to agree with them that we were lucky to win and avoid the enormous embarrassment of losing to Melbourne at Adelaide Oval. Wiped the smile off their faces.

Last edited:
The day SEN was taken off the airwaves was a sad day for Adelaide radio!!!!

Many decry SEN over this way, but you it at least gives you an option and the opportunity to debate and engage if you feel the need. I tend to think there is at least an attempt at provide some balance towards the discussion.
Amazing that Carro knew three weeks ago of the Trigg move to Carltank. Adelaide media could not find out? More likely had to wait for the AFC to give their ambassadors the go ahead!!

Carro coffeed with Trigg three weeks ago.

Rob Chapman to the media at the start of the Trigg presd conference.

"Hello team"

How hilariously appropriate!
My god, I thought I couldn't dislike him or the media in this town any more than I do. I was wrong.:(

Copping sh#t from Cow supporters at work yesterday morning about how we were so lucky to win on Sunday. I had to agree with them that we were lucky to win and avoid the enormous embarrassment of losing to Melbourne at Adelaide Oval. Wiped the smile off their faces.
And (among other reasons) because they lost that game, if they lose to Collingwood on Sunday, they'll be watching the finals on TV. Go Pies!!!!!

Crowies just said on fiveaa that crows are in talks with Jeremy Cameron and apparently he is keen... Can this bloke get anymore stupid?

Polec was going to the crows according to Crowie....
So I would like to officially welcome Jeremy Cameron to the PAFC.

Crowies just said on fiveaa that crows are in talks with Jeremy Cameron and apparently he is keen... Can this bloke get anymore stupid?

Just when you think its not possible, he pulls another blinder out the hat !!

Posted this in the recruiting targets thread, wouldn't be surprised if it was Port & not the Crows that have been making a big play to land a gun forward like Cameron.

I can't see how they'd be able to fit him in their cap with Danger set to cost them a larger piece of the pie & throwing a massive contract at Frawley to replace Rutten, we could fit him in here & guarantee him a flag if he was our CHF.

Rowe's an official Crow mouthpiece.

They'd tell him to tell the SA populace that eating your own poo was good for you if there was something in it for them.

Only in SA is the sports media controlled this way - and dickhead West Lakers are up in arms about Eddie calling Collingwood games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bone says he's more than happy to let Port do all the work for the stadium deal, he thinks if Notso takes over he should just sit back & let us lead the way in discussions with the SMA/SANFL. Doesn't that scream lack of faith in their admin?

Surprise surprise wouldn't be the first time they sit on their hands & let Port do all the dirty work whilst they reap the rewards, they're incredible they love to shitcan us & say we're damaging the brand/AAMI/AO but they're happy to sit back & let us carry them in taking on the SANFL.. gutless campaigners...

Then Rowe has the nerve to say they should poach KT as Triggs replacement, 'we could double his salary easily rah rah'... Can't develop/find their own competent administration why not pinch the bloke who's helped turn Port into a contender again.

Rowe's an official Crow mouthpiece.

They'd tell him to tell the SA populace that eating your own poo was good for you if there was something in it for them.

Only in SA is the sports media controlled this way - and dickhead West Lakers are up in arms about Eddie calling Collingwood games.

Press Red for Ed is less biased that any normal day on 5AA.

But no it's all in our imagination...

Posted this in the recruiting targets thread, wouldn't be surprised if it was Port & not the Crows that have been making a big play to land a gun forward like Cameron.

I can't see how they'd be able to fit him in their cap with Danger set to cost them a larger piece of the pie & throwing a massive contract at Frawley to replace Rutten, we could fit him in here & guarantee him a flag if he was our CHF.

I reckon Frawley will be going to Hawthorn to replace Lake. Most likely not on the coin that has been mentioned in the media but he will not be at Melbourne next year.

As for Cameron - I would throw the book at him. He has all the makings of a top class forward for the next 10 years. Absolute gun!!!

If it meant parting with some of our players to get him, then I have no problem with that. I would only have 7-8 players marked as untouchable (Boak, Robbie, Wingard, Lobbe, Jacko, Hoff, Hombsch and Ollie). There are others that GWS would not be interested because of age (Schulz) but everyone else is up for grabs if it meant we could get Cameron.

And in further late news, Lance Franklin will be released from the final 8 years of his contract with Sydney, and will be moving to West Lakes in the off season :)

i like your enthusiasm but no one can be guaranteed a flag. Finals footy absolutely, cameron would be a get and a half.

i like your enthusiasm but no one can be guaranteed a flag. Finals footy absolutely, cameron would be a get and a half.
You're right about no guarantees on flags without the right pieces but if we could add Cameron to our current group of players we'd be able to win at least one in the next 5 years.

We just need that star quality CHF & we'd be a bigger contender in the mix for this years flag.

You're right about no guarantees on flags without the right pieces but if we could add Cameron to our current group of players we'd be able to win at least one in the next 5 years.

We just need that star quality CHF & we'd be a bigger contender in the mix for this years flag.
Yes agree, someone like Cameron is the missing piece of the puzzle

Had to post this
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y-finals/story-fni5f22o-1226997706854?login=1
The title is "Which players are in the bottom six at your AFL club in the mix to play finals"
5. PORT ADELAIDE (12-5)
Kane Mitchell
Tom Jonas
Aaron Young
Jarman Impey
Cam O’Shea
Sam Gray
WE SAY: Expect Jarman Impey to elevate beyond this status very quickly, while Aaron Young — a regular substitute — looks to have 22nd man job to himself. Speedster Kane Mitchell and Cam O’Shea remain on the fringes.
Now the first time I read it I was like okay with what they said, then looked again "Tom Jonas"... wtf?

If Tom Jonas is in our bottom six players then we aren't doing to bad I would say, in the leadership group... Pretty disrespectful to Tommy I would say.

Had to post this
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y-finals/story-fni5f22o-1226997706854?login=1
The title is "Which players are in the bottom six at your AFL club in the mix to play finals"

Now the first time I read it I was like okay with what they said, then looked again "Tom Jonas"... wtf?

If Tom Jonas is in our bottom six players then we aren't doing to bad I would say, in the leadership group... Pretty disrespectful to Tommy I would say.

To be fair the author obviously thought we had rookie listed the Grand Final entertainment.

Tom Jones would probably be in our bottom 6.

Cameron is leaving GWS, his parents now live in the Mount, Adelaide or Geelong are preferred destinations.

Cameron is leaving GWS, his parents now live in the Mount, Adelaide or Geelong are preferred destinations.

Adelaide the city or Adelaide the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back