Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also it would be better if the AFL didn't charge $18 for the privilege of viewing a practice match.
It does cost a lot to get the ovals up to standard.

Members are free too aren't they? Or is that just at AAMI etc?

A severely understrength Power side were well beaten by the Tigers in Albury on Saturday by 66 points after only scoring two points in the first three quarters.

If not for a five-goal last quarter the match would have been an embarrassing situation for the AFL who are yet to find the best format for pre-season play.

Supergoals strike again. They would have looked at the score which says 0.2.2, and assumed it was two points.

I don't think there's a person here who wouldn't prefer a pre-season consisting of 3 games, organised between clubs, with the AFL supplying match officials. Perhaps each club has to play one game in a rural centre to fulfill the AFL's commitment to the regions. This would ensure at least one game at Alberton every pre season.

Who the heck is Leith Forrest, i've literally never heard of him until i read through the last couple of pages of this thread.
Long time sports producer on 5aa maybe for about 8 years - not now but works in their sports department - started in KG days and has done the Sunday Roast between 10am-12 sports show with Bones, Rehn, Rooch and other co hosts and other sports and non sports on air fill in roles. Late 30s from Mount Gambier grew up a Carlton fan with no allegience to a Sanfl club.

So, I guess you don't think the game was a waste of time. I would agree with TW on this one. Regardless of how uneducated his mouth usually is.

No it wasn't a waste time for us, it gave us the chance to give some of the kids invaluable game time against decent opposition. It also gave the chance for the coaching staff to what areas these players still need work on.

Watson needs to look in own backyard (re Essendon and their top up players) before casting judgement on other clubs NAB Challenge strategy,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking forward to a Troy Chaplin email to the players outlining why they have bought the game into disrepute and how Richmond have a real culture of wanting to play finals and Port have revealed their bad culture by not trying hard enough to win the pre-season game.

I wonder if it's more a reflection on Richmond, that their full strength team could only beat our kids by 11 goals....

If we had been full strength and Richmond had 15 players missing from the Elimination Final the score would have harked back to the dark days of Port Elliot in the Great Southern League.

Long time sports producer on 5aa maybe for about 8 years - not now but works in their sports department - started in KG days and has done the Sunday Roast between 10am-12 sports show with Bones, Rehn, Rooch and other co hosts and other sports and non sports on air fill in roles. Late 30s from Mount Gambier grew up a Carlton fan with no allegience to a Sanfl club.
A Carlton supporter that took the West Lakes re-education program.

I'm looking forward to a Troy Chaplin email to the players outlining why they have bought the game into disrepute and how Richmond have a real culture of wanting to play finals and Port have revealed their bad culture by not trying hard enough to win the pre-season game.
rJQpPPI.jpg

Who the heck is Leith Forrest, i've literally never heard of him until i read through the last couple of pages of this thread.

He is a resident 5aa dickh**d who reckons he barracks for Carlton, meanwhile blowing as much smoke up the ar*e of the cows as he can. He has the iq level of a gnat and he always says "correct" when he agrees with a statement made by Rucci or some other t**l. He is way out of his debth in his role and would be better suited to running a midnight to dawn shift on some rural backwater radio station.

I hate him. He pisses me off to no end. He is my most disliked individual in the AFL. Couple that email with his behind the play hit on Schulz, and I am just about ready to jump the fence and clock him myself. Luckily good judgement and common sense over rule passion for football, but by-gingo, I don't think I would be doing my duty as a member of this great club if I wasn't slandering his character at any available opportunity.

Richmond people get anuspained about our reactions to this/Chaplin, but it would be the rough equivalent of Mitch Morton doing the exact same thing after landing in Sydney.

Except Sydney are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back