Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's why getting a grab of it would be the ultimate - who was making the T-shirts or the transfer?
I'm sure a search on this board would find it.
I'd do it but not using this phone.
Either the media thread or the Hinkley/ new coach one.

Hold that thought. I may be able to get a grab, but it might not be easy. Leave it with me.

If it helps, it was October 3 2012 when he made that comment

If it helps, it was October 3 2012 when he made that comment
Wouldn't it be the biggest irony ever if we were to win a premiership exactly 3 years after Rowey made that comment.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close :)

I wanted Welsh names, she wanted 'normal' names (I'd say English but very few names are of English origin).

The compromise was regular names with Welsh spellings. The kids can then choose their preferred pronunciation when they are older. They can choose to keep the Saxon sound or the Welsh sound, but the spelling needn't change. in Welsh the tone would go up and down where's in English it is flat.

Examples would be using Y instead of I or ff instead of ph. That type of thing.

Those who have issues with this either assume boganism or are non ironically ignorant of language and culture.
I have no problems with proper names if they come from someone's background ie welsh as you say its the bogans who change names like say Jasmine and re spell it like Jazzmen or jaxmin etc thinking it makes their kid an individual

Hi guys

If you are patient eg a couple of weeks PAFC radio will be alive. The website and software is being finalised. I have been holding off announcing until I can redirect everyone to the facilities.

Macca and I will looking to do our podcast or evolve it into live radio and convert it to a podcast. I have lined up some other radio hosts, which will all be disclosed in due course.

It will be for the fans by fans.

Fans will be able to call in and talk so it will open the podcast as such to everyone in real time, plus send in tweets and comment on facebook.

I'll even have a couple of competitions for people.

There will be a sticky thread soon with more details, so watch this space. It's taken me alot of time and planning, plus convincing, it will be a great thing for us Port supporters, so when it's up support it, share it and enjoy it.

Parents who name their kids with stupid names or "different" spelling of a normal name should be shot ...end of ...no mercy ...I effing hate it
Amen.

A friend of mine married an Italian who insisted their first born be named after his dad.

The poor kids name is Domenico and is called mico for short (pronounced mee-cool)

No one can get it right. His brother also named his first born after his dad.

That's right there are now 2 cousins with the same name.

I don't get it and see it as almost child abuse.

Last edited:
Amen.

My sister married an Italian who insisted their first born be named after his dad.

The poor kids name is Domenico and is called mico for short (pronounced mee-cool)

Could be worse :)

Amen.

A friend of mine married an Italian who insisted their first born be named after his dad.

My parents are friends with someone who comes from a family like that. Every first born son is Giuseppe and first born daughter is Marina. Must be fun at Christmas.

Saw a guy on some game show a few weeks ago called Kylie....The mother insisted on the name apparently ...
And poor Steele Sidebottom as if his last name isn't going to be enough

I have no problems with proper names if they come from someone's background ie welsh as you say its the bogans who change names like say Jasmine and re spell it like Jazzmen or jaxmin etc thinking it makes their kid an individual
How do you know? They could have a lot of reasons...they might not of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back