Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane's lost the plot - although the MRP will probably end up agreeing with him :rolleyes:

Kane is on drugs.

'Hey everyone ignore the video and check out this still image that still doesn't prove my point.'

Greene was ridiculously late. Caleb had already marked the ball before he started swinging.

Kane's lost the plot - although the MRP will probably end up agreeing with him :rolleyes:

According to Kane the Rory Sloane/Brad Ebert incident was very similar. Guess what, Rory Sloane did not get off. And even though a still from one side seems to show that Greene's fist is right next to the ball the swing of his arm in the video was not a spoiling motion. A spoiling motion is one where the movement of your arm will take you through the ball and the ball alone. There is no defense that can be made by saying "I was trying to spoil, sorry your face got in the way."

What a bizarre last few pages!

Is Gavin a champion? Yes.

Is Robbie? Possibly. He could well have a 4th consecutive BnF and a 3rd AA title this year. He's clearly a champion of our football club.

Guess what. Gary Ablett and Gavin Wanganeen played shit games as well. Plenty of times. Gav and GAJ have missed gettable shots on goal and made mistakes as well. There are things that Robbie can do that Gavin was never able to do in his career through the midfield.

I came here to post essentially this word-for-word.

Even if it gets the 'fine only' grading, isn't that his third for the year already and an automatic 1-week ban?

Even if it gets the 'fine only' grading, isn't that his third for the year already and an automatic 1-week ban?
Yes, he got a JLT fine for misconduct and a fine in R4 for striking Dan Houston. Most people think the MRP got it wrong in not giving him at least his third fine for headbutting Isaac Heeney. I should tthink the Bulldogs are spewing over that one.

According to Kane the Rory Sloane/Brad Ebert incident was very similar. Guess what, Rory Sloane did not get off."

People on Twitter have picked up Kane over this little fact and reminded him that Sloane got 2 weeks down to 1 - his response: "My bad. Greene should get the same is my point".

*Shakes head*

Edit: As they've already done the 15 second report on our game, I'm not bothering to watch the rest of the show to see if he corrected this on air.

As far Gav and Gray go in my humble opinion.

The difference is one played for a Melbourne club and got the votes/media exposure needed for a brownlow (said player should have 2)the other has played for Port Adelaide his entire career and gets the proverbial shaft.

As far as an AFL champion Gav has Robbie covered easily at this stage of Robbie's career. By the end of Robbie's career who knows?

As far as a club champion the gap is not so wide.

As far Gav and Gray go in my humble opinion.

The difference is one played for a Melbourne club and got the votes/media exposure needed for a brownlow (said player should have 2)the other has played for Port Adelaide his entire career and gets the proverbial shaft.

As far as an AFL champion Gav has Robbie covered easily at this stage of Robbie's career. By the end of Robbie's career who knows?

As far as a club champion the gap is not so wide.

If we're talking purely about our club, I'm not sure there is a gap. Gav has a couple of flags in his keeping and that, especially his performance in the 04 GF, is the tiebreaker.

If we're talking purely about our club, I'm not sure there is a gap. Gav has a couple of flags in his keeping and that, especially his performance in the 04 GF, is the tiebreaker.
Yeah I agree with the only reason why I would say there is a "gap".

People on Twitter have picked up Kane over this little fact and reminded him that Sloane got 2 weeks down to 1 - his response: "My bad. Greene should get the same is my point".
Kane is still confused. He was initially saying Greene should get off, not the same as Sloane, 2 weeks down to 1. I'm thinking the MRP may let him off because they seem to be paying a lot more attention to force this year and trying to find reasons to let people off.

As they've already done the 15 second report on our game, I'm not bothering to watch the rest of the show to see if he corrected this on air.
The Footy Show is like Wide World of Sports, if there's one thing you want to see it generally means you have to also watch 2 hours of stuff you couldn't care less about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Sunday Footy Show is like Wide World of Sports, if there's one thing you want to see it generally means you have to also watch 2 hours of stuff you couldn't care less about.

The model's dead. It's why ESPN is shedding subscribers (and staff) at a rate of knots.

20 years ago you'd watch it and shows like it to see highlights and hear analysis of games you hadn't seen yet. You might have caught final scores on the radio or seen the tail-end of one particular game's highlights on the news the night before, but who the hell knew what actually happened between Fremantle and the Brisbane Bears at the WACA?

Now we have Facebook, Twitter, a slew of apps, text messaging. Full of updates, video clips of goals/marks shortly after they've happened. Hell, we've all got our private Facebook groups of mates who've been in front of a screen and video'd and uploaded something amazing/funny during live coverage. You're up to date, all the time.

Who needs the Sunday Footy Show? 60+ year old men?

The model's dead. It's why ESPN is shedding subscribers (and staff) at a rate of knots.

20 years ago you'd watch it and shows like it to see highlights and hear analysis of games you hadn't seen yet. You might have caught final scores on the radio or seen the tail-end of one particular game's highlights on the news the night before, but who the hell knew what actually happened between Fremantle and the Brisbane Bears at the WACA?

Now we have Facebook, Twitter, a slew of apps, text messaging. Full of updates, video clips of goals/marks shortly after they've happened. Hell, we've all got our private Facebook groups of mates who've been in front of a screen and video'd and uploaded something amazing/funny during live coverage. You're up to date, all the time.

Who needs the Sunday Footy Show? 60+ year old men?

Anyone would think it'd be in their interest to generate a point of difference from the social cloud by creating interesting unique content...

The Demons have put on a quick 4 goals to lead by 32 just short of 3/4 time. Essendon's efficiency inside 50 is 47% compared to the Dees 62%. Last week it was Mebourne's lack of a ruckman and rotations late in the game that cost them, this week they still do not have a ruckman but they do not have the same problem with the rotations.

All semantic debate on what constitutes a "champion" aside, I'm not really sure why the media aren't allowed to compare Current Player X with Past Champion Player Y. I mean, the article even came out in favour of Wanganeen anyway, so they actually agree with Northa.

Bizarre.
You see bomber, that's the thing. How can that article even be taken seriously? It was an insult to Wanganeen, to Robbie and to every thinking Port Adelaide persons intelligence.

Wangas and Robbie aren't idiots and they would know that the article was embarrassing and that was why I bought this up, I mean this thread is about media bullshit. I was completely taken by surprise at the reaction of many around here when I dared suggest that Gray wasn't in Wanganeen's league and hence the article being ridiculous: I thought that was obvious to Port Adelaideians but boy, did I get that one wrong!

I apologise to anyone that I offended. I just got riled up at people trying to compare Wanganeen to a mere mortal. There are two players that I have seen that are incomparable, Wanganeen and Russell Ebert. Every old timer I have spoken with reckon that Bob Quinn was also in that category so we must defer to their knowledge.

** Returns from Sweden to read Martin Leslie more skilled than Robbie Gray **

XujHL.gif

** Returns from Sweden to read Martin Leslie more skilled than Robbie Gray **

XujHL.gif

Leslie was an excellent defender for us at SANFL level, memorably bested Dermott Brereton in an Origin game which lead to All-Australian honours and as a #1 VFL Draft pick, played very solidly for a penniless Brisbane Bears outfit under some trying circumstances.

But...

Robbie Gray is a bonafide superstar of the undisputed best Australian Rules competition on earth, who was a kick away from Norm Smith medal favouritism not long ago, such was his peak form and status in what was his greatest year to date. All told, if he's not one of the top handful or two of players to have represented Port Adelaide over the past 147 years he'll be sitting at that table directly.

Apples and pears and all that, but yeah.

You see bomber, that's the thing. How can that article even be taken seriously? It was an insult to Wanganeen, to Robbie and to every thinking Port Adelaide persons intelligence.

Wangas and Robbie aren't idiots and they would know that the article was embarrassing and that was why I bought this up, I mean this thread is about media bullshit. I was completely taken by surprise at the reaction of many around here when I dared suggest that Gray wasn't in Wanganeen's league and hence the article being ridiculous: I thought that was obvious to Port Adelaideians but boy, did I get that one wrong!

I apologise to anyone that I offended. I just got riled up at people trying to compare Wanganeen to a mere mortal. There are two players that I have seen that are incomparable, Wanganeen and Russell Ebert. Every old timer I have spoken with reckon that Bob Quinn was also in that category so we must defer to their knowledge.
Wanganeen is a bonafide legend of the game! We all agree the article was silly, but your reaction was a bit over, and I think issue was taken with your apparent put down of Gray as a non-champion.
champion
NOUN

• 1A person who has defeated or surpassed all rivals in a competition, especially in sports.
Gray's rivals in competition are not ALL the players in AFL history, so he doesn't compete against Wanganeen to be labeled a champion. He is a freak at what he does, and easily sits on the top handful of the best players currently playing.

= Champion!

For the record, I'm pretty sure I have a woollen long sleeve PB #17 around the place (Kids size).

You better have worn a weird wetsuit thing on your shoulder like he did, or failing that, a blood pressure cuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back