Society/Culture The misuse of terms in bad faith, why do we do this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I'll start with the obvious, woke, the term has been twisted into a definition of irrational political correctness when that's universes away from the actual meaning.

My google search just now comes up with this, doesn't sound like a pejorative does it? Yet is used as a pejorative ad nauseum
1728694138645.png

If you're using this term as a pejorative, you're discrediting yourself.

'Gay'

This google search has the original definition, yet accepts the term as a definition of homosexual, the term has been twisted into meaning homosexual, when the original meaning is basically happy, when and why was this term hijacked to define homosexuals and worse used as a pejorative?

1728694536025.png

It's become so much so that it seems using it to define homosexuals or as a slur does not discredit your position, why not? The original meaning is universes away from 'homosexual'

'Patriarch'

This one really grinds my gears, used to define an ahole, when a 'Father' is originally defined as the carer and guider. Since when does this term immediately define a person who abuses power and oppresses? Why? Why are 'fathers' painted in such a bad light? Patriarch should be used to define a good person, not an abusive pos.

1728695351624.png

'Patriotism' or 'patriot'

1728695452672.png

Since when and who decided this is a bad thing? Immediately the naive offence seekers will use this term as a pejorative trying to imply 'anti globalist!'. or 'isolationist!' when all it is, is pride in ones nation of ones birth. Since when has this become taboo? Why?

So cheering on the Tillies in a soccer match against another country is a no no now, I say no it isn't, GAGF. I will not accept that patriotism is a bad thing

I really detest these misuses of terms as pejoratives, it's infantile and petulant. I'll let Barack sum it up for me

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture The misuse of terms in bad faith, why do we do this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back