Mega Thread The new Bucks mega-thread. It's Official. 2 Year Deal for Bucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brendan Bolton rolling 1 year contract seems smart to me. I would be muhc keener the club just say we are shifting the model. Only reason you dont do it so the club dont feel like they are under pressure to defend him if it goes badly next year but we all know that if he has another bad year next year he is done.
There where reports yesterday that Carlton are going away from that model and are going to offer Bolton a 2-3 year contract before some one takes him

Of course he does. There is blame throughout the entire club. Players, FD, Executive.
But the less educated just want one person gone.... Logic flies out the window and the inner moron takes over.

"ha derp... I jus wan' Nafan gon coz he bad coch... Derrppp"

I don't want just one person gone…

What I'm seeing though is "everyone else is going except for Nathan".

How does this make any sense in any real world?

Does this make sense to you?
Honestly.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yes... I'm a lemming because I believe that our deficiencies are not all one man's fault. Cool story.
Of course it's not Eddie's fault or Bucks fault.

It's the fault of the 100 footy managers, assistants, boot studders that we have or have already given the arse.

I don't blame Bucks, he is a good man just a poor coach.

Eddie McGuire is the cancer in this club, and is long past his expiry.

I just cant see a rational explanation why he would get extended

we have gone downhill every year under him, our skills are extremely poor and we lack any passion whatsoever. the gameplan is extremely flawed and we cannot hold onto a lead

please dont point to the late season wins, as soon as the pressure was off we won a couple, remember the "must wins" games earlier in the season.

we couldn't even get up for carlton in our anniversary game.

This unfortunately.

Honestly.

So far we've unofficially lost Burns and Harvey (who everyone has wanted gone for a long time regardless of what was happening to head coach).
If you see that as "everyone else is going except Nathan", then you need to re-educate yourself on the principle of minority v majority.
Just do a quick google search. I'll wait.

Honestly.

I suspect Richmond have effectively saved Buckley.

Our bunch of galoots "running" the club saw Richmond trim all the fat around Hardwick and the success that led to and assumed we'd get similar results. What they don't realise is that our history of getting good people in is terrible and our coach isn't as open to change or releasing control as theirs.

Of course it's not Eddie's fault or Bucks fault.

It's the fault of the 100 footy managers, assistants, boot studders that we have or have already given the arse.

I don't blame Bucks, he is a good man just a poor coach.

Eddie McGuire is the cancer in this club, and is long past his expiry.

This is a fabrication in your mind.

I don't think he deserves to have his contract extended.

But in saying that, if they do.. i don't like 2 year deals for coaches that are coaching to keep their career alive. They make short term decisions like Wells and Mayne.

He needs to be clearly explained the parameters around his future, it can't be finals or bust because we need to hit the draft hard the next 2 years and not trade away the future for mature aged recruits that may add an extra couple of wins.
Ed has confirmed finals are not a parameter of Bucks keeping his role. Happy to continue with mediocrity as long as Bucks doesn't do anything untoward

So far we've unofficially lost Burns and Harvey (who everyone has wanted gone for a long time regardless of what was happening to head coach).
If you see that as "everyone else is going except Nathan", then you need to re-educate yourself on the principle of minority v majority.
Just do a quick google search. I'll wait.

Perhaps that is the tip of the iceberg.
What is certain is only 2 assistants are safe.

Everyone else's future is unclear and in the air.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually thought that he would be sack till the last few rounds.
If Walsh is a good an operator some you say he is, and his recommendation is to retain him, then how does one argue against it, with saying Walsh does not know what he is doing

"The one thing I hope everyone takes out of this, when the announcement is made there will be debate over whether it's good, bad or indifferent and that's fine, that's open for discussion.

"But we said to people what the timeline will be and we will deliver on that timeline and it has been a very long, arduous, considered line-by-line approach to come up with what the football club needs to do."

Christ they KNOW most people don't want him re-signed and they're still doing it despite the last 6 years.

We are done.

Looks that way, I hope all the Collingwood supporters stay loyal and those who are considering not renewing or burning memberships get behind the Club for 2018. I love this Club and for the majority we have the best supporters in the Comp, lets keep it that way.
By staying on with the club, supporters are saying that we'll happily give them money in exchange for continuing mediocrity.

If Bucks is to get to years I am happy to support the clubs decision. I was leaning more to time up for him but there is some logic to the thinking he has improved on the job and short of having a Clarkson type available he is as likely or more to succeed than someone new

I dont see these answers as being blindingly obvious one way or the other. I think the club has likely done a reasonable review under Walsh, has now considered that at board level so an announcement makes sense now. I did say in the main Bucks thread that I had some intel from a couple of weeks ago from someone intimate with the contents of the Walsh report. That was prior to it going to the board so there was possibly only one person who really knew what was in the report. One of the big criticisms was how the emphasis on personalities at Collingwood gets in the way of the footy club. Will be interesting to see if that comes to anything.

Who is out there who is a better coach at the moment if Bucks was to go? If you take Roos, or any other current coach off the table ie. Clarkson etc. Is there others candidate's out there who are proven to help us move forward?

This is a serious question by the way. Personally I feel if we have Bucks, the board need to reshape the assistants around him. And also the recruitment department.

I tend to be realistic rather than "lopsidedly optimistic".

Right now, everyone things pressure is off with a 2yr extension…

That is so far further from the truth.

The media will be waiting for any sign of a slip or continue decline…
It won't halt any pressure.

People that think the players and club will be "pressure free" because of the time frame of a contract are completely misguided.

The only way to release pressure is to win football matches- something Nathan isnt very good at the moment.
The pressure won't stop, we are Collingwood, we suck it up through the good and the bad. It goes with the territory

Love Bucks. But, I'm not sure how they are able to reappoint him based on performance. We haven't made finals for four years.

Maybe the Board are worried about upsetting players like that did when they move Mick on.

I hope for his sake that we turn it around next year.

I also hope that we see some big changes around him over the next few weeks.

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING! It would be like a GoT episode.
(Please no spoilers at work).
Pretty sure that every twit in here gloating about 'melts' would start melting themselves. It would be pretty funny to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back