Mega Thread The new Bucks mega-thread. It's Official. 2 Year Deal for Bucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I took today off so I could really get involved.
Howling for Bucks to be sacked you say? I can't recall ever doing it to be honest, but even if I did... it's natural to lash out when you're losing. I've said nasty things about a lot of our players too... Doesn't mean I actually believe what i'm saying, nor want their heads on a pike.

On a side note, I'm starting to feel like you're stalking me..... You're not furry enough for me sorry.
So basically what you are saying is that you are full of s@#t and can't be trusted with what you type

By staying on with the club, supporters are saying that we'll happily give them money in exchange for continuing mediocrity.
Or they like going to the football. One of those two.

The pressure won't stop, we are Collingwood, we suck it up through the good and the bad. It goes with the territory

Agreed.
However a new coach would be given time and grace- he wouldn't be under the scrutiny and pressure that Nathan and the club will definitely continue to be under next season.

It's probably going to be more interesting to consider the appointments made around Buckley. List Manager, Recruiting and Line Coaches will be crucial appointments. Has the Gubby Allan talk been buried or is it still in play?
Apparently there was talk last week that he had walked away from football and was getting into Real Estate

What Ben hart said about Bucks being really stubborn about change and his ideas about footy is something that sticks with me all the time.
I really think that Buckley should go and have been steadfast in this view for a long time now, for mine it is not even the win/loss ratio or where we we end up on the ladder, sure it counts but the major major thing is that we get beaten the same way every time and the mechanisms and structures fall apart in a similar manner every single time.
The match day coaching is poor on the whole and the players play an unsustainably taxing game style hence we lapse horrendously for a quarter at least every game and more often than not a half.
There are so many areas of dysfunction in the way this team plays and our style is not adaptable to either circumstances during a game or moulding itself to different opposition.
I believe we have a team and list strength to be in the finals and top 6 right now, that is without any bias whatsoever and I think that Buckley is the major reason we are not and I will be filthy should he be re-appointed and refuse to change.

I told you guys a few weeks back that the club doesn't have the stones.

partly agree with this - but also it's down to Eddie's inability to admit he's made a mistake in appointing a favourite son with no experience who has not done enough to warrant a contract extension by any objective measure.

If Bucks is to get to years I am happy to support the clubs decision. I was leaning more to time up for him but there is some logic to the thinking he has improved on the job and short of having a Clarkson type available he is as likely or more to succeed than someone new

I dont see these answers as being blindingly obvious one way or the other. I think the club has likely done a reasonable review under Walsh, has now considered that at board level so an announcement makes sense now. I did say in the main Bucks thread that I had some intel from a couple of weeks ago from someone intimate with the contents of the Walsh report. That was prior to it going to the board so there was possibly only one person who really knew what was in the report. One of the big criticisms was how the emphasis on personalities at Collingwood gets in the way of the footy club. Will be interesting to see if that comes to anything.

Good post.

I'm ok with Bucks being reappointed. Not everyone will support the decision of course but that's their right not to. Good on them for voicing their opinions. It would be bland world if everybody agreed.

I just hope we take the next steps that fixes the issues in the Football department primarily list management. And provide some quality support through some new voices in assistant coaching ranks

Go PIES

So basically what you are saying is that you are full of s@#t and can't be trusted with what you type

Not at all.
My commentary is based on how I feel at any given time based on the facts that I have in front of me.
During the year, there were times where I did want change... Where I thought Buckley wasn't the right man for the job.
But, like any other intelligent being, minds and opinions can be altered based on new facts that come to light.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie is a cancer. Needs to be removed ASAP. Enjoy mediocrity all
Eds tenure is a separate debate and discussion.

Don't think the cancer term is warranted regardless of point of view.

2 year deal seems strange.

Surely his performance thus far warrants 1 year extensions. Continue the path and see incremental change you can extend - but it's not like he's going to get poached. Just seems like a move entirely to ward off external media pressure, which is the sign of a poorly run club IMO.

Can't have another year of speculation with him out of contract like we did this year.

Can't have another year of speculation with him out of contract like we did this year.
Putting aside that worrying about external speculation is a sign of a shittily run club - do you think that if the pies are 1-4 next year that the media will go "oh he has 2 years, we won't write about whether he'll get the sack"?

was really looking forward to a fresh start next season and seeing what a new coach could do with this list

instead I will will sit through another 2 seasons of football feeling numb like i have for the past 3

heaven help the club if we start off poor next season

really disappointed with this decision

Nah you'll always post that way.
But we wouldn't have you any other way;)

Nah. I'll keep saying that I post how I see it.

If we become a genuinely good side, I'd have no reason to post negatively. The difference with Malthouse was that I really didn't like him much as a person and he made too many crucial recruiting decisions that cost us at least 3 flags.

Groan.. oh well, we might as well just accept it and hope for the best or it's gonna be a long two years.

Pull a flag out of your butt next year Bucks and all will be forgiven.

They better be ruthless with the assistant cleanout and get some quality units in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back