The NeXus thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2012 St Kilda player list

At the end of season 2012, this is what I would do if I had complete control...

Exit out Lenny Hayes, Stephen Milne, Jason Blake and Justin Koshcitzke.
Trade Sam Fisher to either Adelaide or Port for a first round pick.
Trade Nick Riewoldt to Gold Coast for a first round pick.
Trade Brett Peake to Fremantle for a late second round pick.
Trade Clinton Jones to Fremantle for a second round pick.
Trade Brendon Goddard to Western Sydney for a top 10 pick plus another pick in the late teens.

Do you ever suggest anything different?

1. So you want us to tank? No other reason to retire these players, I dont like the losing philosophy though, it derailed StKilda a few years back and there are signs that it hasn't worked for Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton.

2. Brett Peake ? Freo??? LATE SECOND ROUND ?????:eek: I'd do it too, but it wont happen. CJ Maybe.

Do you ever suggest anything different?

1. So you want us to tank? No other reason to retire these players, I dont like the losing philosophy though, it derailed StKilda a few years back and there are signs that it hasn't worked for Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton.

2. Brett Peake ? Freo??? LATE SECOND ROUND ?????:eek: I'd do it too, but it wont happen. CJ Maybe.
When will supporters realize that we had a crack and could have/should have won 2 premierships but didn't. The window is now closed and we need to make the hard decisions so we can rebuild sooner rather than later.

and by the way, this is not a losing mentality. It is strategic retreat. There is a difference.

Re: Why the hell didn't we Rookie Fevola?????

EVERY response - even if it's arguing with them - is a victory for a troll. Nexus couldn't care less if we disagree with her. She's not here for exchange of ideas. She's here to get attention.

Starve the troll, and it will die.

no-troll-feeding.jpg

Crikey - getting responses out of you lot is like shooting fish in a barrel for Nexus now.

Ignore. She couldn't care less whether Milne is delisted, whether we tank, or whatever. She's just looking for responses. Ignore her provocatively idiotic rants - they're MEANT to be crazy, so that you respond.

Starve the troll.

Fine, but she's not just on threads she's started. This one is a fine thread about the nature of our 2012 list now that it's been established. We just have to ignore her, and talk about the topic of the thread at hand.

Speaking of which - how many WA players have we got now?

When will supporters realize that we had a crack and could have/should have won 2 premierships but didn't. The window is now closed and we need to make the hard decisions so we can rebuild sooner rather than later.

When will you realise that it is easy to make hard decisions and delist a lot of players, but that wont necessarily get you anywhere.

How does Fev fit in this plan of yours, I thought you wanted him?

She doesn't care, SS. She doesn't. She doesn't think that delisting the players is a great idea. She doesn't think it's a terrible idea. She just thinks that it'll annoy the crap out of us and get some nasty responses - every one of which she's chuckling away at behind her keyboard.

Talking to her about football is like a fish talking to an angler about bait.

She doesn't care, SS. She doesn't. She doesn't think that delisting the players is a great idea. She doesn't think it's a terrible idea. She just thinks that it'll annoy the crap out of us and get some nasty responses - every one of which she's chuckling away at behind her keyboard.

Talking to her about football is like a fish talking to an angler about bait.
You have no idea PS.

I guess you are happy that you have never seen a St Kilda premiership. I CERTAINLY AM NOT. I have just turned 49 so I was too young to remember our one and only flag but I remember very clearly our 7 wooden spoons in 11 years. Including 4 in a row!!:mad::mad:

i'll bite

makes no sense in rookie'ing him whatsoever...
he's ready to play right now... they either want to play him right away or they don't.

Clearly they don't see a roll for him

If they didn't draft him in the main draft, there's no point getting him as a rookie

Didn't you say more or less exactly the same thing three years ago (before we went on to play in two GF) ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't you say more or less exactly the same thing three years ago (before we went on to play in two GF) ?
Yes I did, and I was wrong. It just goes to show how good our list really was. However this time the Saints are going south. Our best players are our oldest players. We will not be a legitimate contender for quite a few years unfortunately.:(

That is why we need to start a full on rebuild NOW!!!!!

i'll bite

makes no sense in rookie'ing him whatsoever...
he's ready to play right now... they either want to play him right away or they don't.

Clearly they don't see a roll for him

If they didn't draft him in the main draft, there's no point getting him as a rookie
A roll???:eek:;):):D

I'm just a frustrated supporter who has never seen my team win a premiership but has just about seen every other team in the league win at least one.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

[YOUTUBE]oiS8YokFzeY[/YOUTUBE]

I have just moved a bunch of posts into this thread as an exercise to demonstrate just how disruptive NeXus is.

Every thread that she posts in is immediately taken off-track.

This is a nightmare for moderators like myself who like to maintain a "flow" of posts in threads. The vast majority of posters here get on, they enjoy each other's opinions and respect the differences. This is not so with NeXus. She deliberately posts objectionable or negative opinions and rubs everyone up the wrong way.

I'm not sure and I don't want to define it but I get the feeling that NeXus probably has a problem.

Sainter and I have been very generous to NeXus as she has already been banned.

I apologise for not banning this poster immediately on her return (after she was banned from Saintsational).

I will correct that now.

Re: St Kilda's gameplan under Watters

As long as Scott Watters executes an all out attacking game plan, the improvement will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back