2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

🎯 Draft Period, November 20–21
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Wednesday, November 20
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Thursday, November 21
  • Rookie Promotions: Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Friday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Friday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Friday, November 22, 3.20pm

Last edited:
Yes Hotton is very appealing. If we went for him l could understand it but 7-8 just seems a bit high in the context of injury and no games this year.
I'm also very keen on Hynes and Hannaford so l hope we can pull off a trade and get several of them.
We'd have to be the dumbest counts in creation to pick Hotton in the top 10, especially as we're about to delist his older brother.

I now believe there is 7 A grade talents + the star potential of Tauru in the top 8 picks.

Harry Sheezel V2

It seems rumours are true… I think I’m a Reid fan boy now.

Elite
He does a lot of pop over the top handballs which just don’t work in the AFL, but that should be an easy fix.

Interestingly his stats in the National Champs this year show he has the smallest inside 50 ratio for the leading class of mids. By a long way. That suggests to me that most of his work is between the arcs or behind the ball.

He did kick an equal high number of goals though (compared to other mids) so he still has scoreboard impact.

Thankyou captain obvious. I was no way implying our discussion was influencing the draft order. A compilation of phantom drafts, draft whispers and logic suggest this is a feasible outcome.

Views to suggest multiple talls get taken in the top 6, in my opinion are based on wishful thinking.

My suggestion is risk mitigation, to take chance out of the equation. Given we are in unique position to control our own destiny.
Once again the only one with a clue are Val twomey and the recruiters. Getting scared due to ‘mock drafts’ is akin to being worried due to a David king prediction.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back