Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Das not protecting the tail very well
Its hard to be critical of a guy carrying his bat and scoring over half the teams runs but he really did seem clueless in how to bat with the tail in a small run chase. Especially with the DLS in play, he really just needed to soak up the strike and deal in 2s and 4s with a single in the last 2 balls of each over. He would get on strike and immediately take a single- not sure if dumb or just inexperienced. He was responsible for them having a chance but also equally responsible for them losing in the end.
Anyway, great for Afghanistan to make it through, I hope they pull off a miracle and win the whole thing. If not them, please be South Africa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess you can't be up all the time but that was a pretty woeful tournament from Australia in hindsight.

A decent win against England but didn't really fire another shot and bundled out in straight sets at the super 8 stage.

Indians everywhere will be heaving sighs of relief that the chance of running into Australia in the final is off the table.

Wouldn't have a thought a WC is Mickey Mouse cricket.

If it's Mickey Mouse, why bother watching it it?
I for one don't.

When you start with a small ground then put an electronic advertising fence 20 metres inside that then a boundary rope another 5 metres inside that you've got an under 15's sized ground. You then restrict the bowlers to the point of 'what's the point of being a bowler'.

It's more contrived than a vAFL fixture list.

And why bother with fielding restrictions? The boundary is so short it's almost inside the fielding ring anyway.

I for one don't.

When you start with a small ground then put an electronic advertising fence 20 metres inside that then a boundary rope another 5 metres inside that you've got an under 15's sized ground. You then restrict the bowlers to the point of 'what's the point of being a bowler'.

And why bother with fielding restrictions? The boundary is so short it's almost inside the fielding ring anyway.
Yet somehow teams are getting bowled out for low totals?

I for one don't.

I don't think I've ever watched a entire 20/20 game. I just get bored which is weird because I have no trouble watching an entire day of test cricket. I just can't get invested in any of the teams or results.

Would be a nice little consolation if England got absolutely ****ed over in the semi at least

Both semi finals get 240 minutes of additional time if there is rain. India/England takes place during the day so the extra minutes run into the evening, while SA/Afghanistan is a night game so the extra minutes roll into the next day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back