Roast The Non Goal: F*** the AFL, court injunction?

What compensation will we receive from the AFL?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Damo..on an official AFL media site..says it all really in terms of what the AFL really thinks….

IF ...​

the Crows and seemingly half of Adelaide this week lost their minds, justifiably, over the Ben Keays non-goal decision ...

THEN ...​

thousands of Western Bulldogs supporters were overheard saying something about Tony Liberatore and a karma bus waiting to be driven since the '97 preliminary final.
Typical Victorian journo bias. The Keays goal was proven to be a goal. The Liberatore kick could not be proven that it was a goal. Thereby lies the difference. And if I remember correctly, the ball sailed over the post and it was judged by the GU that it would have hit the post had the post been high enough.

P.S. Edited for clearance.

Also 12 minutes to go in the quarter or thereabouts for the Libba point which is pretty material.

Ditto Leigh Colbert's "mark", huge amounts of time left in the game.

Also 12 minutes to go in the quarter or thereabouts for the Libba point which is pretty material.
Weren't they still in front by 16 points and had more chances to win after that miss.

Nothing like our game.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Damo..on an official AFL media site..says it all really in terms of what the AFL really thinks….

IF ...​

the Crows and seemingly half of Adelaide this week lost their minds, justifiably, over the Ben Keays non-goal decision ...

THEN ...​

thousands of Western Bulldogs supporters were overheard saying something about Tony Liberatore and a karma bus waiting to be driven since the '97 preliminary final.
Damo your Vicbias is showing…

Now do the 2012 preliminary final.

IF ...​

THEN ...​

i was directly in line with that goal that day (was sitting in the AFL members)

it very clearly went over the top of the post. its a hill i will die on

they use that same argument with the leigh colbert mark from the geelong final the week before, but everyone conveniently forgets that a goal was paid to geelong in the first or second quarter of that game off a ball that quite clearly came off a crow foot too. funnily enough, that never gets spoken of

edit - i'm wrong about the goal - can't seem to find it having gone back through the game and skimmed through it

Last edited:

IF ...​

THEN ...​

Barrett and Kane were by far the most obvious 2 media people who were pouring water over this issue this week.

Also, can't help but notice Robbo's absence on AFL 360, and Caro's on footy Classified this week.

I'll give the Victorians this one which the Umpires stole for us, but this was both over 30 years and the Victorians would need to reckon with their complicity in killing Fitzroy.

This gentleman has broken down umpire bias in terms of home and away teams look at the difference between Home Vic teams v away non Vic teams, this is everything that is wrong with the umpiring fraternity
This needs to be sent to 5AA. Cornsey, KG and Rowie would love it. Also tweet it to Fitzy maybe?

I'll give the Victorians this one which the Umpires stole for us, but this was both over 30 years and the Victorians would need to reckon with their complicity in killing Fitzroy.

That was one of the worst umpiring displays I've ever seen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the best thing to happen now is for Sydney to go on and win the GF. It will always have an asterisk beside it for 2023, and it might just be too humiliating for the AFL to not make radical changes to ensure the integrity of the competition. It would bloody hurt for us - but would expose the utter farce of AFL house’s negligence / incompetence. Gil’s press conference will haunt him forever!!!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The way the AFL handle these things is to umpire against the team that benefitted. Sydney won't make the GF.

Vics have turned to openly mocking us. This is the respect you earn when you're so weak as piss.
They would be mocking us more if we went to court and kept talking it up each day.....

I suspect the shift from sympathy to mocking is a VFL directive since Olsen started talking about compensation.....

They would be mocking us more if we went to court and kept talking it up each day.....

I suspect the shift from sympathy to mocking is a VFL directive since Olsen started talking about compensation.....

It's difficult to think of a way to put together a worse take on the issue

It's difficult to think of a way to put together a worse take on the issue
You can't see that the shift from sympathy to mocking has come about since Olsen talked about compensation and the criticism he gave about the AFL.

Or you reckon the media/Barret would still be on our side if we lawyered up and took it to court. Coupled with a daily session from Silvers and Olsen about how unjust we have been treated via the club Social Media channels.

If Sydney or GWS win this weekend the AFL media consensus will be about how we wouldn't have qualified anyway.

Which would make us look stupid if we went to court and kept crying about it in the media all week....

Thanks!!. I thought i had buried in the back of my mind how royally we were screwed in that game and this brought it all back.

Still, the umpires have graduated from that to now calling our goals points..avalanches of unjust infield free kicks against us that the oppo get away with doing the same thing to us just didn't seem harsh enough so they have come up with a better way to ream us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast The Non Goal: F*** the AFL, court injunction?

Back