Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

And more thing about the Gold Coast, I wish all the people pushing for our relocation in the media were brought up and held to account for their bullshit about how a relocation would automatically mean success. They all need to be constantly reminded about this failure.

Gold Coast are the ultimate example of living on your knees.

And more thing about the Gold Coast, I wish all the people pushing for our relocation in the media were brought up and held to account for their bullshit about how a relocation would automatically mean success. They all need to be constantly reminded about this failure.

kane cornes does bring this up every now and then. been gifted that many first round picks and academy players etc. for 0 successful seasons

There are reasons why from the start most people have a lot more respect for GWS - they got the concessions but from day 1 they made better and more sustainable decisions (setting the brief Sheedy tomfoolery aside).

There are reasons why from the start most people have a lot more respect for GWS - they got the concessions but from day 1 they made better and more sustainable decisions (setting the brief Sheedy tomfoolery aside).
Sheedy was actually smart business by the Giants imo.
Gave the club a well known indentity to sell the club off field. And took the pain of the first 2 seasons, meaning neither of these responsibilities fell on to a rookie coach.
Cameron had a far smoother introduction to senior coaching than McKenna did, because of it.

On AFL 360, they showed Adam Kingsley asking family and friends to call out what they loved/their highlight of the win yesterday, in front of the players after the match. Nice touch!

Sheedy was actually smart business by the Giants imo.
Gave the club a well known indentity to sell the club off field. And took the pain of the first 2 seasons, meaning neither of these responsibilities fell on to a rookie coach.
Cameron had a far smoother introduction to senior coaching than McKenna did, because of it.
yeah definitely.

Ward and Davis vs GAJ was a much better decision too.

yeah definitely.

Ward and Davis vs GAJ was a much better decision too.
I just remember that GC went all in on the high draftee kids and GWS recruits a bunch of older players to help coach them onfield - Dean Brogan? Feel like there were a few as well as Callan Ward and Phil Davis. They lost plenty of the early drafted kids but always got good value and seemed like they stayed on course. They had a couple of extra years to think about it but started on solid ground.

I just remember that GC went all in on the high draftee kids and GWS recruits a bunch of older players to help coach them onfield - Dean Brogan? Feel like there were a few as well as Callan Ward and Phil Davis. They lost plenty of the early drafted kids but always got good value and seemed like they stayed on course. They had a couple of extra years to think about it but started on solid ground.
Its funny cos recruiting flash in the pan players like GAJ or Karmicheal Hunt is such a Gold Coast (the place) thing to do. And living in Western Sydney ... 95% of the time its a grind and hard work. So they picked hard working players who could grind things out when they needed to. We're seeing the results now.

BTW GAJ is alot more than just a flash in the pan player across his career but in the context of his move to the Suns I think its a fair description.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just remember that GC went all in on the high draftee kids and GWS recruits a bunch of older players to help coach them onfield - Dean Brogan? .
Chad Cornes, Brogan, Rhys Palmer, Luke Power, James McDonald, Tom Scully,
Heath Shaw the next year or two?

I'm of an age to have seen a bitta footy. Dusty an all-time great, without doubt. But l would not put him in front of;
. Bartlett
. Hart
. Bourke
. ( never saw Dyer or Titus ) Horace ?

Different time & game, but those 3.

Debatable l suppose.

Kinda like great teams. This is Carltank's 1972 G.F. side who l would stack against any modern side ( and Crosswell injured )

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back