Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff dogged North. So I'll forever hold a grudge.

His manager told us in no uncertain terms he was definitely coming to North. We made the requisite arrangements. We pulled out of the chase for other players because of it. And then at the 11th hour and 59th minute, Gaff changed his mind and stayed with West Coast.

His manager told us in no uncertain terms he was definitely coming to North. We made the requisite arrangements. We pulled out of the chase for other players because of it. And then at the 11th hour and 59th minute, Gaff changed his mind and stayed with West Coast.
Did us a favour in the end.

You say that… but it really was this:

Was never the same player after snotting Brayshaw and missing the premiership. We dodged a bullet.

We got lucky even though it didn’t look it at the time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Josh Kelly can retire too it would be a beautiful nay touching moment to see our 3 Cash Cowboys ride off into the sunset together.

DeGooey has a hammy and technically is riding into the 2024 sunset

Yeh Gaff did us a favour by not coming so we burnt the money on Polec instead.

We will never forget the toxic Bard/Joyces era.

Joyce was the lure for Gaff at the time too I recall. He was Gaff’s junior coach. Bullet dodged!

Yeh Gaff did us a favour by not coming so we burnt the money on Polec instead.

We will never forget the toxic Bard/Joyces era.
For anyone who gets defensive and wants to hand crank Broyce - go remind yourself how much of their list, leadership and playing culture was already setup by Pagan/Laidley.

I'd argue the only players who joined and made meaningful contributions to drive us to finals during that period were:

Veteran FAs- NDS Waite
FA- Higgins
Draftees- Cunnington, Brown

Whilst other draftees were serviceable during this period, these are the only intake 2009-2016 I can think of who swung the needle from bottom 8~10 to top 8 side.

One of us Dani!
“West Coast need to be strong and bold in their decisions to build the next premiership list — and this may mean having to entertain putting one of their star forwards in Oscar Allen or Jake Waterman on the trade table.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back