Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

So it looks like if Freo beat Port it knocks Port down to 3rd and Carlton OUT regardless of the Carl v St K result.

GO FREO!
Carlton are 2 points ahead of freo so if they win against st kilda, freo can't make it. That means we have to be hoping for st kilda to win, as dirty as that feels.

1724570665252.png

If I were Richmond supporters would I even care about the spoon? 3 recent flags all but blocks out any shame of one
I've got a potentially weird view that the year after a flag doesn't matter. You're the reigning premiers until the next GF is played. Might as well drink your own bathwater the whole year, and then really get cracking the year after. So often I see coaches or players say ~48 hours after a flag/pennant/whatever "yea we're thinking about the next one now." What the **** is the point of winning one if you're gonna celebrate it for five minutes and then move on? Drink it in, for crying out loud. It's the greatest sporting achievement you'll ever have.

Three flags is a whole new level. I'd accept a decade of being crap for that sort of jubilation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got a potentially weird view that the year after a flag doesn't matter. You're the reigning premiers until the next GF is played. Might as well drink your own bathwater the whole year, and then really get cracking the year after. So often I see coaches or players say ~48 hours after a flag/pennant/whatever "yea we're thinking about the next one now." What the **** is the point of winning one if you're gonna celebrate it for five minutes and then move on? Drink it in, for crying out loud. It's the greatest sporting achievement you'll ever have.

Three flags is a whole new level. I'd accept a decade of being crap for that sort of jubilation
Couldn’t agree more. Winning one is so hard, I hate that it’s devalued by some people if it’s doesn’t become two in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back