VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn’t give a shit if you think I’m sexiest or not? She can’t umpire and is only getting a gig because she was female.

If a male umpire was that bad he is umpiring Auskick.

The real sexism is giving someone a job based on their gender and not capability. Just like Eleni.

There are plenty of shit male umpires. Have you ever written off the ability of all men to umpire based on one individual's performance? There is nothing about umpiring that makes men inherently better at it than women.

The male umpires in the same game made a fair few terrible decisions as well.

By all means, have a crack at this umpire for her performance, but your comment was base sexist bullshit.

I couldn’t give a shit if you think I’m sexiest or not? She can’t umpire and is only getting a gig because she was female.

If a male umpire was that bad he is umpiring Auskick.

The real sexism is giving someone a job based on their gender and not capability. Just like Eleni.
You mean like that other campaigner who was umpiring?

'Ok lads, when you get the ball at half-back on the Macaulay Rd side just make sure you both bomb it long and out on the full'.

Umps were interesting, Coburg generally profiting pretty handily but we made some dumb decisions like repeated late bumps and Davis trying to take the man on the mark on instead of just kicking the bloody thing etc. Noticed a number of times the Nth player would be arguing the free kick with the ump when their opponent with the ball was close enough to tackle or at least put pressure on.
Greenwood got a free paid for holding the ball after he looked to get the Coburg bloke high and then clumsily fell onto his back.
To be fair to the umps, they aren't to blame for Lazzaro's kicking or for North players repeatedly missing 3 metre handballs.
I saw that. But lets be real here, that was just the ump being consistent.... probably the only time all day.

Oh but Kevin White is doing a great job!!
I wish we could've poached/or could poach Peter Burge who was at Hawthorn, then Richmond during both clubs' successful years and now back at Hawthorn. Ex Olympian with many years at the AIS.

Is it Kevin White, the poor athletic profile of our players or a culture of not working hard enough? Neither the VFL or AFL side can run out quarters let alone games. Yes we have some young players on our list but so do other clubs.

There are plenty of shit male umpires. Have you ever written off the ability of all men to umpire based on one individual's performance? There is nothing about umpiring that makes men inherently better at it than women.

The male umpires in the same game made a fair few terrible decisions as well.

By all means, have a crack at this umpire for her performance, but your comment was base sexist bullshit.
She was terrible and only getting a gig because of her gender.

That’s the sexiest part of it all.

Love all your posts Accurate . Was thinking the same thing …
Only good for VFL & plays ok to good there , when he plays shit in the AFL out come the glandular excuses !! 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw that. But lets be real here, that was just the ump being consistent.... probably the only time all day.
From what I saw as soon as the player was tackled they dropped the ball and dived forward, probably trying to milk the free. Greenwood's tackle was highish but I'm not sure it was too high. Reasonable decision.

Love all your posts Accurate . Was thinking the same thing …
Only good for VFL & plays ok to good there , when he plays shit in the AFL out come the glandular excuses !! 🤣
Now Ross no need to fuel the fires. I hope we keep him as it dawned on me a few weeks ago that we've got many to move on.

So might as well give him another 12/24 months to show some further improvement.
Is my point I suppose.

Thanks Mr PC Warrior.

So you found her to be high capable and deserving of umpiring at that level LOL

If you think she got that gig on merit, you are naive.
You can bag any umpire as much as u like . That’s your given right as a footy fan But signalling her gender is just wrong . I can’t believe u don’t get that ? I mean when what year were u born ? 1950 ?
There are plenty of very crap umpires out there & guess what ? They are male ?
What’s next ? Are u going to highlight a bad umpire being a homosexual?
ggf

You can bag any umpire as much as u like . That’s your given right as a footy fan But signalling her gender is just wrong . I can’t believe u don’t get that ? I mean when what year were u born ? 1950 ?
There are plenty of very crap umpires out there & guess what ? They are male ?
What’s next ? Are u going to highlight a bad umpire being a homosexual?
ggf

100% of female umpires at professional level/semi professional level I’ve seen are crap.

when I see a good one I’ll come on here and report it so you can stop crying

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back