VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Payne is a kid, but I'm sorta sick of watching other teams mid season picks either come in and play AFL footy straight away or dominate state league footy and add immediate depth, at worst.

And Goad...it's like he's actively avoiding the footy. I sorta hope it's that. Because to get it that few times a week in this day and age is just weird.

I know Payne is a kid, but I'm sorta sick of watching other teams mid season picks either come in and play AFL footy straight away or dominate state league footy and add immediate depth, at worst.

And Goad...it's like he's actively avoiding the footy. I sorta hope it's that. Because to get it that few times a week in this day and age is just weird.
patience, comrade, patience. Teakle has come in straight from the MSD and is going ok, Dawson has taken 18 months but is now looking best 22, so it's not all 'woo is us'.

As for Goad, he's playing KPD to keep him out of harm's way in the ruck while he physically develops, a role I suspect he has never played. A good pre-season and he'll be #1 VFL ruck next year

patience, comrade, patience. Teakle has come in straight from the MSD and is going ok, Dawson has taken 18 months but is now looking best 22, so it's not all 'woo is us'.

As for Goad, he's playing KPD to keep him out of harm's way in the ruck while he physically develops, a role I suspect he has never played. A good pre-season and he'll be #1 VFL ruck next year

Fair enough. Not a particularly patient footy person these days, but you make fair points.

Payne is playing his first few games of VFL football, he's not exactly built like Tarzan either, despite being a pretty hard and tough kid.

He was recruited for the future, not the following weeks. Teakle has provided everything people should have wanted following the MSD.

People might be sick of it, but it was the right call, he's also someone that has filled a list need around a pacy defensive forward.

It's not an easy position to play either, knocking out 17 possession 1.1 game in your first few VFL games is nothing to sneeze at.

Remembering he's younger than all of McKercher, Goad, Duursma and Hardeman, he's only 4 weeks older than Will Dawson who is one of the youngest players in the AFL in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back