VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

32-25 our way at ht.

Kerch with 17, Greenwood 13 (5 tackles), coop 10 and Hardeman 10.

I have liked Hansen’s game. 3 tackles and a contested mark leading to his goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems a perfect game next week to bring Maley in for Pink. Definitely has elite marking ability at VFL level and we are crying out for that
Agree would be a good time to bring in Finnbar for pink

Finnbar under the roof debut

But I could see us go smaller up forward also and just replace pink with a small

I watched the vfl replay, solid performances from many players but no one really demanded promotion except McKercher. Logue still needs a couple of weeks I reckon to regain touch.

Was Marley solid enough to warrant selection over Pink?

Kerch is an automatic replacement for Stephens I assume. Maybe Taylor into the sub vest.

Was Marley solid enough to warrant selection over Pink?

Kerch is an automatic replacement for Stephens I assume. Maybe Taylor into the sub vest.
No I don’t think he’s quite ready yet, probably won’t see him this year.
He did take some really good grabs but does get out marked quite a lot. Needs to work on bringing the ball to ground if not marking, as well as general forward craft/leading patterns.

Re Kerch, yep could be the case but as in the case most games this year McKercher played half back distributing role on the weekend. Not sure how we can fit both he and Fisher in the same backline so it’ll be interesting to see how magnets are shuffled.

No I don’t think he’s quite ready yet, probably won’t see him this year.
He did take some really good grabs but does get out marked quite a lot. Needs to work on bringing the ball to ground if not marking, as well as general forward craft/leading patterns.

Re Kerch, yep could be the case but as in the case most games this year McKercher played half back distributing role on the weekend. Not sure how we can fit both he and Fisher in the same backline so it’ll be interesting to see how magnets are shuffled.

Move Fisher or McKercher up the ground.

Simple.

Our wingers aren't exactly dominating at the moment and it's a real weakness of the midfield group at present.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back