Resource The 'not worthy of a thread of its own' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know if the game v Western Bulldogs at KP is a ticketed game?

Can 3 of us walk up on the night with GA membership and enter - either a seat or standing

In response to Miss Kitty's last comment on Marngrook in the Cats Drop Bombers thread, if you unable to even articulate the the links between Marngrook and football in the 1850s and 1860s, then no wonder the Marngrook connection has been rejected, including by Greg de Moore. [shifted here as a more appropriate thread]

I went to today's membership recognition event which was pretty informative as we heard from Hocking, Conway & Clohesy during the time

The following is notes I've what I took from Hocking's talk, plus q&a

• With the new KP capacity, MCG home games need to reach 80k -> 85k crowds to match $$$ return from high volume crowds at KP - hopefully this puts to rest the idea of us voluntarily selling home games to the MCG
  • We're currently part of the Victorian agreement covering the minimum games played each season at the MCG & Marvel. The Club is going to be pushing for 10 to 11 games at KP, from next season. And will be pushing even harder once Tassie comes in with Hawthorn & North to come back into the fold and games quota
  • EACH KP home games bring $4 million to $5 million to the region
  • We're currently sitting just under 85k members and pushing for 90k members this year
  • 2025 will mark 100 years of Ford sponsorship and currently in talks to extend that. There's currently plans for promotions to reach 100k members in 2025 and Ford is looking to sell 100k cars next year
  • Reminder that KP is run & operated by the KP Stadium Trust, and the Club pays a decent lease to call this place home. So the Club isn't the ones receiving funding for upgrades etc, but they can petition to the government on things they'd like to see done
  • As such, the proposed new training facility development is not funding to the Club but to the KP Trust
  • Scoreboard update long overdue, pixelated and will only cost $2.5 million. Remaining $1.5 million on other stadium updates, including improved drainage especially as the high performance area floods under intense rain - Steve suggested you could bring your flippers to go for a swim
  • Hocking hates the internet/phone situation on match days, and impacts him also - not just us plebs. It'll be upgraded before next season, but for now we've got "a cow in the paddock" for temporary assistance
  • The new AFLW facilities will be open in time for the opening round of their upcoming season. He's been hands off with the development & design of it, instead it was the players who were involved in the design, look and finishes as it's their facilities. He expects the AFLW will be full-time within 3-5 years, so this not only puts us ahead of the pack but will also be the best womens facilities in the league
  • The upgrade also include a parents room and childcare facilities - we've got a number of mum's in our AFLW program and also a lot of dads in the AFL team, so it'll be for use by all
  • As for further stadium upgrades, such as the Reg Hickey Stand, that'll be no time soon and it'll time a change of mindset from Geelong (council?) for a situation such as building out over Moorabool St - he suggested the time frame would be in the 10/15/20 year sort of thing
  • One of the big things Hocking is pushing for during his time is removing the fortress feel of the stadium and that it's only open on match day. He wants it to be a place that's open to the wider community on a daily basis type thing - bringing Club Chin Chin to the stadium is part of that idea

He also spoke about having a good relationship with other CEOs, and that at today's game a former captain has flown down for the match along with his 2 sons... Maybe they won't be lost to the academy after all

Can someone please tell me why i keep getting notifications about threads that get started on the Swans board?

Please don’t tell me that bigfooty is also on the “swans must be popular” bandwagon that the afl and associated media keep pushing.

Can someone please tell me why i keep getting notifications about threads that get started on the Swans board?

Please don’t tell me that bigfooty is also on the “swans must be popular” bandwagon that the afl and associated media keep pushing.

I actually feel Zuthrie hasn't improved that much this year. He was already pretty damned good last year (and possibly even 2022) but with the team under-performing and our defensive structures falling apart, he went under the radar.

Here's last year's Carji votes:

1st - Tom Stewart - 135 votes
2nd - Tom Atkins- 105 votes
3rd - Gryan Miers - 93 votes
4th - Zach Guthrie - 87 votes
5th - Jeremy Cameron - 69 votes

He was comfortably in the top 4 & close to a podium finish

What we're seeing from him this season isn't necessarily new to Geelong fans or this massive improvement based on what we've seen from him since 2021 - but it's like suddenly externals are noticing what he's doing

He always looked a footballer, but he's gone from being the boy trying to play against men, to filling out & now having the body to match the skills and ability

I still remember a conversation I had with a stranger in a lotto agency back in about 2018 - I was wearing my polo as I was going to the match that day and he asked me about Cam & Zach as he went on to explain he knew the family. Cam was a good player, but I think we were still waiting for him to take that next step & Zach was obviously the AusKick kid

He said to watch Zach's development as he'll be the best of the brothers - was a little hard to see back then, but not sure that's necessarily a crazy suggestion now days. Zach has only just turned 26, and he looks like being a really top defender for years to come

Here's last year's Carji votes:

1st - Tom Stewart - 135 votes
2nd - Tom Atkins- 105 votes
3rd - Gryan Miers - 93 votes
4th - Zach Guthrie - 87 votes
5th - Jeremy Cameron - 69 votes

He was comfortably in the top 4 & close to a podium finish

What we're seeing from him this season isn't necessarily new to Geelong fans or this massive improvement based on what we've seen from him since 2021 - but it's like suddenly externals are noticing what he's doing

He always looked a footballer, but he's gone from being the boy trying to play against men, to filling out & now having the body to match the skills and ability

I still remember a conversation I had with a stranger in a lotto agency back in about 2018 - I was wearing my polo as I was going to the match that day and he asked me about Cam & Zach as he went on to explain he knew the family. Cam was a good player, but I think we were still waiting for him to take that next step & Zach was obviously the AusKick kid

He said to watch Zach's development as he'll be the best of the brothers - was a little hard to see back then, but not sure that's necessarily a crazy suggestion now days. Zach has only just turned 26, and he looks like being a really top defender for years to come

Not a crazy call about Zuth vs Cuth. Cameron was a regular part of the 22 from his second season but didn't really go "next level" til 2018/2019-ish(?). Zac took 4 years to break into the team but felt like a vital part of our defence for the past few years.

Maybe he's been over-shadowed by Tom Stewart a bit, but you're right - feels like people outside Geelong are finally waking to just how good he is.

I actually feel Zuthrie hasn't improved that much this year. He was already pretty damned good last year (and possibly even 2022) but with the team under-performing and our defensive structures falling apart, he went under the radar.

Two year delay in outside recognition for Zuthrie and Holmes. 2022 was their break out year. Admittedly Holmes fell off his 22 form a little bit last year and picked it back up again this year so that is maybe technically correct if you went by stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to today's membership recognition event which was pretty informative as we heard from Hocking, Conway & Clohesy during the time...
Brilliant post, cats_09. For those of us who fit in to the 'far away' category referenced in our club song, it is so helpful to have these insights. And it is also a great reminder of the seriously quality people we have involved in running this club. Hock is a fantastic operator and is clearly across so much and really invested in making the GFC the very best it can be.

#wearegeelong
#thegreatestteamofall
#lovethisclub

Some tough choices.

Reckon I'd choose 1. Avoid Collingwood and you could get a good conversation out of Eddie.

4-8 are no go. Too close to one of Dermie, McClueless, BT or Birrarung Marr. That's known as the flog zone.

Hey folks,

Apologies if this question isn't allowed here. Please feel free to delete this if so.

I'm trying to get my hands on the 07, 09 and 11 grand final broadcasts in as best quality as possible for my home NAS server. If anybody can 'help' me with this, please ping me on the side!

Buy It Sonic The Hedgehog GIF by Mashed

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread in which to ask, but has there been any update on Turbocat??

On another note, I've just realised I haven't seen PatrickBateman around these parts either......
TC is having some time away from the board.

He is in good health and will make a return in his own time.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back