The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds a true libertarian at heart.

Nah don't be silly don't you know that Project 2025 won't happen because Trump didn't do it last time??

Minnesota is the plan. Yes the winters suck, but it's getting better and you actually get seasons up there.

Chicago was over 100 the other day, so that's the way summer is heading in the Midwest now also.

I would have liked Seattle otherwise but it's too isolated / timezone not great for my job.
Bloody hell, wouldn't have expected Chicago to get that hot.

Minnesota hey. Timberwolves, Vikings. Tough town haha

What made you move to the US in the first place? Work?
Yeah, post uni I did an internship in New York for a year (was when the financial crisis happened so a lot happening then) and loved it, so wanted to try and come back at some stage.

Ended up getting a job for a start-up out here 9 years back and got the E3 Visa and have stayed ever since basically.

Bloody hell, wouldn't have expected Chicago to get that hot.

Minnesota hey. Timberwolves, Vikings. Tough town haha

I was there in the summer and it was weird. A 40+ day in Melbourne I can’t handle, that is stay inside and get a cold from standing in front of the air conditioner all day weather. There were similar days in the few days I was in Chicago and I wasn’t hot at all. It was comfortable to be outside.

Yeah, post uni I did an internship in New York for a year (was when the financial crisis happened so a lot happening then) and loved it, so wanted to try and come back at some stage.

Ended up getting a job for a start-up out here 9 years back and got the E3 Visa and have stayed ever since basically.

Surely you ran into glenferry23 back in your Wall St days!

It'll be good actual professional sports vs just having College Football here really.

Going to a Vikings game at that stadium will be a great experience.
Just curious ..do you own a gun? I have a relative in NJ born and raised there and when I asked him if he owned one he was taken aback and said “well of course I do”.

Just curious ..do you own a gun? I have a relative in NJ born and raised there and when I asked him if he owned one he was taken aback and said “well of course I do”.

I imagine you can probably buy a gun on After pay at Kmart in the states at 16 years old.

Nope, never will, my in laws have quite the collection though.

That said, you drive 20 mins out of Austin, loads of gun ranches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What?!! It’s virtually saying women can’t think for themselves. Cannot believe you’re serious.
It is not saying that at all. He's having a crack at Yale and similar institutions and the effect that going their has on people. Of course the propaganda you posted is just mashed together out of context to frame a narrative.

Harris supported the bill back in January, as did most Republicans until Trump decided it wouldn't be good for his campaign.

The border wall was a pretty insignificant aspect of a fairly extensive bill.

But I guess you've got to try and take your wins where you can get them at the moment as they're few and far between on the Trump campaign.
I remember this Bill. It was stopped in the Senate by the GOP and Democrats. This was the bill where the Democrats pretended it was money for the border when it was really funding their genocide in Palestine and proxy war in the Ukraine.

I remember this Bill. It was stopped in the Senate by the GOP and Democrats. This was the bill where the Democrats pretended it was money for the border when it was really funding their genocide in Palestine and proxy war in the Ukraine.

It was a bipartisan bill for a start, with provisions for foreign and domestic spending pretty clearly defined.

Funding for Israel, Ukraine and Taiwan was provided a month or so later in three separate Republican initiated bills.

Anyone get tickets to Oasis? I’m off to Wembley
We missed out. Waited in a queue for a couple of hours and got as far as the checkout, but it just returned us to ticket selection.

To be fair we weren't too fussed, and weren't even sure we'd end up going if we did get tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back