Mega Thread The OFFICIAL 2011 Draft mega thread. Rd 1 - Pick 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone give me a list of the 3-5 best HBF'ers so when I go to my mates house to watch it I'll know who I want :)

From what I gather, Docherty and Mckenzie are good half back flankers, and then Kavanagh is a good onballer who is worth higher than 18, but if he's there we'll have a high chance of getting him? Just not sure why we'd want another mid.

I'm sure one or more of our midfield runners could quite comfortably slot into a back flank

We would want Kavanagh because he's a touch of class, which is something that our midfield needs. We've got the grunt and the crash&bash, add a pinch of Kavanagh and it is basically complete. Plus it would really give Essendon the shits to know that we snatched their prized "possession" from under their nose a pick before they had the chance.

Stuff Essendon. They don't know what they're doing. If they want the kid badly I reckon we'd be better off running the other way on that reason alone.

I'm sure one or more of our midfield runners could quite comfortably slot into a back flank

Exactly.

Just grab best available and the hbf problem can easily be sorted.

For what it's worth, I think we already have the guys who can do the job.

Carl Peterson (former Hawk who walked away from footy) mentioned we have talked to him along with 3 other clubs. Rookie draft instead of main though.
Interesting. Seemed like he had talent but a bit of a headcase (rookied and delisted twice). Not exactly the type of player we need but may be worth a rookie spot IF he has the right work ethic and desire to play at AFL level.

The bloke we drafted @ 17 last year played at least half of his junior footy off half back.

True.

And the bloke we traded from GC last year, and the kid we promoted from the rookie list late in the year, and another kid we picked up in 2009 and another young fella we traded from Hawthorn this year.......

I thought we were meant to be getting our next tall in the 'super draft' next year? What's the purpose in getting an average tall around pick 40 when we can wait until next season and get a more highly rated tall around lets say pick 9-13? I'm sure Petrie will be fine for another year and also Goldy and McIntosh rotating through the forward line.

The only pick i want guaranteed is McKenzie at 18. He would slot nicely into a rotating position with Greenwood through the middle and half back flank. Plus his kicking is excellent to play off the back flank all day.

Are there any good small forwards seen to be available around pick 40? That is an area we are also lacking in.

Can someone keep an eye on the Essendon website to see who they say they've already taken, and who we might end up with? Kavanagh a chance?

True.

And the bloke we traded from GC last year, and the kid we promoted from the rookie list late in the year, and another kid we picked up in 2009 and another young fella we traded from Hawthorn this year.......

Jmac, Sierakowski and Richo have the position covered IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm so excited, I hope someone falls again and we get another super talented kid no matter what position he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back