The Official 2011 Fremantle Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oi nar, Pav is old so naturally he'll be shrinking next year, to say 191.

Oh and, Kersten's only 18, is it not inconceivable that he might have another cm in him? Or he could just spike his hair?

In short, I rest my case.

Thank you.

Pav isn't that big for a KPP either. Brown, Franklin, Cloke, Riewoldt, Hurely, Watts, Kennedy, etc are all much taller than Pav. Kersten isn't even as tall as him. in terms of height he's more suited to the third tall role.

As much as we would want to recruit a gun key forward, there didn't appear to be any.

Pav isn't that big for a KPP either. Brown, Franklin, Cloke, Riewoldt, Hurely, Watts, Kennedy, etc are all much taller than Pav. Kersten isn't even as tall as him. in terms of height he's more suited to the third tall role.

As much as we would want to recruit a gun key forward, there didn't appear to be any.

I think you've made another point there

Is there player amongst those elite or soon to be elite talls who wasn't drafted in the top 10?

The big deal is Fyfe is special.

C'Wood, Geelong, Carlton all have that player who can do the impossible and lift the team....they are few and far between and to get him at 20 is even better.

Tell me whatis more important to Geelong & Collingwood - their midfield or their forward line?

In your scenario does Fyfe or Black get us closer? Black does not appear to be Cloke to me?

In fact do Dawes and Cloke look good because Colling wood are so friccin dominant or because they are such top line players?

Fyfe vs Black is your crutch. Of course Fyfe is special, but he is ultimately just one player. Why not Hill vs Hurley? Or Pitt vs Darling? The latter of those two also look special in their given positions. Can't recall a 19 year old tall for us ever kicking three goals in an important final. Not even Fyfe did it.

Point is, five years of drafting, no replacements for Pav or McPharlin. We saw what a shambles the forward line was in 2011 without Pav, imagine what the back line is like without McPharlin?

Murdering the draft...we have outperformed most clubs in the past few years in the ND and Rookie Draft.

This is bullshit. If we'd outperformed most clubs you'd expect us to win games against Melbourne/Richmond/North away on talent alone. Only the deluded think we're nailing it. We would have achieved something more substantial than West Coast did in 2011. Results say otherwise. We're at best on par.

Plus why can't we be relying on Free Agency? - it should work in our favour.

How many players will we get? One, two? How much depth do we need? More. There's currently no depth.

I'd rather the club go for a flag, rather than put together the most competitive team and finish 3-8 for the next few years.

How many clubs win flags without at least one of a top line key forward or key defender? West Coast had shit forwards but had Glass. Sydney had shit defenders but had Hall. You can make do without one or the other, you can't make do without both.

Fremantle are embarking on making do without both. Won't work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke McPharlin will never be as creative as Matthew Scarlett as long as he plays on the first or second forward, besides the point when he moves the ball forwards it's a skied drive to a contest on the wing.

Silvani gets the job done. He stops his man and leaves the ball movement to the smaller guys who can actually hit a target.

That game against Brisbane, I thought he could mark anything against Brown.

How many has he won? What do the facts say?

Quality Clay, quality! I didn't say he had earned one. That crap is always subjective, ie. The most successful teams of the season get all the votes, not really indicative IMO. And it's all midfielders

Geeez This thread. Do some of have meltdowns every day of your lives? I could just imagine some of you losing your shit if your local deli ran out of milk..

No surprise the usual serial whinging muppets are in full flight..:eek:

There is no way one can determine the success or failure of these picks yet. How about just supporting them as the newest players at our club.

Yeah I do. I watched him smash Brown and Franklin.
Nice ignoring of the other 3 too :thumbsu:
I've watched Glass do that to players of that quality week in, week out for years.

How many of the other three been keys to their side winning premierships? There's Bolton, who was good for Sydney, but down the other end they had Barry Hall. Rutten and Presti on the other hand have achieved nothing.

Quality Clay, quality! I didn't say he had earned one. That crap is always subjective, ie. The most successful teams of the season get all the votes, not really indicative IMO. And it's all midfielders

It's not subjective. Subjective is saying McPharlin is AA quality when he hasn't earned an AA guernsey. In my opinion he is a rung below Glass/Scarlett. That aside, he is still far and away our best key defender by a mile.

You guys are wilfully ignoring the obvious. How many key position goal to goal lines the quality of Dawson, Silvagni, Bradley, Anthony have won premierships?

It's funny the revisionism for posters on here as soon as draft day is done. Everyone wanted talls, now everyone is backtracking. Laughable.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official 2011 Fremantle Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back