List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I watched Sydney this year I was really surprised with how well Bird played. Just checked his stats and he averaged around 18 disposals, with his first two games getting 6 and 7 disposals. Not sure if he was the sub in any games this year, there was a spread in the middle where he killed it, he averaged 23.6 dpg from 10 to round 18.

He's only 24 and has already played 110 games, the more I think about it the more it makes so much sense.
solid stats indeed, also accumulated those stats whilst tagging on many games.
i'd be happy with trading our pick 26 for craig bird

Would love it if we traded Tarrant... don't think his past injuries or his lack of games are any excuse for having concrete hands. I just think he is not very good at marking the ball. Which I'd have thought would be a fairly important component to your game, if you are in the team as a 'marking' forward...

Same was being said about Petrie at the same age....you don't throw away best 22 KP's when they are about to reach their prime

Mitch Thorp would be a solid pickup, he looked good as an AFL player the first time. Injuries and immaturity let him down and if he's improved as a player and has obviously improved as a person I'd say we pick him up in the hopes that he eventually replaces Tarrant.

I honestly think this NDS thing has a lot to do with the realtionship between Pelchen and Watters - one wants him to stay (Watters) the other wants to of load him. Peclhen and watters do not work well together so in my opinion i think one will go in the next few weeks which sad to say will hold up the whole process.

I honestly think this NDS thing has a lot to do with the realtionship between Pelchen and Watters - one wants him to stay (Watters) the other wants to of load him. Peclhen and watters do not work well together so in my opinion i think one will go in the next few weeks which sad to say will hold up the whole process.

Damo and Wallet have been giving them both barrels for their "wish to have their cake and eat it too" re NDS. They're flabbergasted the Aints haven't made it happen for a FA already. Personally though I NEED to know Spike McVeigh's thoughts on the matter.

Damo and Wallet have been giving them both barrels for their "wish to have their cake and eat it too" re NDS. They're flabbergasted the Aints haven't made it happen for a FA already. Personally though I NEED to know Spike McVeigh's thoughts on the matter.

There's no issue. Just a bit of Vitamin c and Kyle Reimers is a f***wit.

Same was being said about Petrie at the same age....you don't throw away best 22 KP's when they are about to reach their prime
Petrie hadn't reached his full potential by 22... But the signs were always there. He always had a great set of hands, he just needed to learn how to use his size & lead into the right areas. Tarrant is not just going to wake up one day & have a clean pair of hands. Other things can be learnt, but marking ability is something you either have or don't have...
Tarrant went goalless in 6 of his last 7 games this year, pretty average return for a key forward & a guy who is supposed to be on the up...

Petrie hadn't reached his full potential by 22... But the signs were always there. He always had a great set of hands, he just needed to learn how to use his size & lead into the right areas. Tarrant is not just going to wake up one day & have a clean pair of hands. Other things can be learnt, but marking ability is something you either have or don't have...
Tarrant went goalless in 6 of his last 7 games this year, pretty average return for a key forward & a guy who is supposed to be on the up...
hatter meme.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Thorp would be a solid pickup, he didn't look like an AFL player the first time. Injuries and immaturity let him down and if he's improved as a player and has obviously improved as a person I'd say we pick him up in the hopes that he eventually replaces Tarrant.

Fixed for you.

He was a massive talent as an 18 year old and may have matured enough now to turn it around.

jesus.jpg

You said it man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back