List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post, I was going to do something similar but, sometimes, when a Turkey has made it's own 'free thinking, cutting edge' mind up, no amount of rational thought will sway it back to reality. When you watch football and still underrate Hansen, ponder of what might've been if we drafted Rohan and Isaac smith instead of Cunnington and Atley, where you don't screen players for personality issues, where off field discipline has no place in modern football clubs, I don't think a true valuation of Matty Cambell's year long contribution would have any effect at all. Add him to the list of players North should never have delisted that are still yet to prove em wrong.

Saying we chased Betts is evidence we shouldn't have let Matty go, doesn't hold up when Adelaide couldve plucked him from the local leagues for a pittance, but instead opted to join the bidding war for Betts, and lose half a mill cap space for winning.

But yeah, lets focus on 2 games of football in 2012 rather than the whole picture. Turkeys.
LOL. I'll give you rational thought.

Attempting to hang your hat on those stats says a lot. What influence did Campbell have when coming on the ground in 2012 as sub as compared to some of those other names in 2013? Ask yourself how many of those games did we win when Campbell came on as a sub? 5 out of 7 with Campbell still contributing in the Essendon loss at the start of the year. A tight loss which we made up some 20 points when Campbell came on. Sure Campbell wasn't perfect in the role. He was poor when subbed on in the Freo game late in the season and had no influence in turning that result around. However the general consensus on here has been that we did struggle with our subs in 2013 and that Campbell did have an influence when coming on as a sub in 2012. So that's the reality. He performed when required. Piss head or no piss head.

As for Hansen the criticism I have levelled at him in the past was warranted. As your piss ant mates would have informed you, Hansen was told to work on specific shit. He spent half a year in 2012 working on that shit in the VFL. Another reality. During this season I was only critical of Hansen at the start of the year when he in fact was stinking it up in the forward line. So did I continue to underrate Hansen during 2013? Questioned his worth in the wet. His Gold Coast performance in the rain wasn't great. Questioned his ability one on one deep. Cloke's 2 goals in 5 minutes in the last game on him didn't dispel those fears I have about his game. But by and large Lachie played some excellent football as a third tall. I hope he continues that form into 2014. Now that's the reality.

As for Rohan I was on record at the time as saying that I would've recruited Rohan ahead of Cunnington because of his speed and kicking. Rohan was always the bigger risk. Cunnington was the safer bet. At that stage we already had Swallow, Greenwood and Ziebell and Cruize as a back up. I felt we needed some outside run. But have I really been overly critical of Cunnington or carried on as if we should have picked up Rohan for ever and a day? The answer is no. But you're the gullible type so I can understand why you would think otherwise.

The Isaac Smith Hmmmmm Thread was started up by my good mate Devil Fish. Not me champ. But yes you are the gullible type to think that I am indeed the Fish. The odd poster around here knows the truth.

As for Betts I was somewhat indifferent to recruiting him but what I do agree with was that it was poor form by the NMFC to delist Campbell taking into account Harvey was serving a six week suspension and not replacing him with a like player. A point that you have missed in all of this.

So yeah keep on NOT engaging in my bullshit. FWIW this is fun for me. :stern look

where did he say this?

i just want this dal deal done now, other clubs seem to be getting players with no fuss
Again, have St. Kilda clarified if he is FA?

If not, nothing can happen until Monday.

I preface this with I have no inside scoopy types sauces like you.

I doubt that they would trade Taz. The offer would have to be exceptional. To trade Taz the club would be burning a player that really wants to be there. Its not something that we generally do.

Add to that the years of development North have put into Taz and their patience with helping him get over multiple injuries. It would take quite a substantial offer from a rival club to pry him away.

so approach stkilda and seek clarification now
What's to say we haven't been doing this all week/month/year?

Just because we ask doesn't mean they have to answer.

What's to say we haven't been doing this all week/month/year?

Just because we ask doesn't mean they have to answer.

Or they at least get to choose the style with which the answer.

Word on the street is they chose interpretive dance and Lyce Brewis didn't understand it.

Does the value of the last year of a contract or the average over entire contact come into count when deciding who is in the top 25% at a club?

I hope if it's the last year we are smart enough to back end LT, Hansen and Goldies deals. A smart club would.

NDS may push one of the from restricted to unrestricted.

Better be sure they will stay if this is the case. Goldie would be certain to be in the top players at the club and not likely to want to go. LT may want to go with Eddie.

Or they at least get to choose the style with which the answer.

Word on the street is they chose interpretive dance and Lyce Brewis didn't understand it.
Bloody Pelican up to his old tricks again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does anyone think that Dal Santo would opt out? North aren't going to give him 600k a year, obviously he was always going to opt into his contract and then either stay, or be traded along with his big price tag.

Yeah, but he only has one year guaranteed at that amount at St Seaford.

North should approach Sydney about Craig Bird for a trade, super talented young player. He's a pretty speedy young mid that I think could excel with us. He's one that might not get the type of money he wants on his next contract because of TipFrank.

But....

I though he [Tarrant] was shit?
The earlier 'debates' (assuming we dignify them with this term) were comparing Robbie and Azza. Azza left to make room for Black. Don't see anyone complaining about Black getting game time this year.

The earlier 'debates' (assuming we dignify them with this term) were comparing Robbie and Azza. Azza left to make room for Black. Don't see anyone complaining about Black getting game time this year.
Do we have Black mkII on the list?
Personally I would trade Taz for a mid.

(Staying up to date with Trolls during the offseason via Tapatalk)

This thread just keeps on giving so much....

North: "Hey Saints, we want NDS"
Saints: "Sure thing North, what's your deal?"
North: "We get NDS as a free agent, you get Delaney, we'll only want a 3rd rounder"
Saints: "Sweet as bro, it's a deal. Let's grab a latte and update everyone on bigfooty"
North: "Choice"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back