List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a lot of money into our football dept. Hope we can afford it!
One thing about this admin is that they better than anyone have a better grasp of how quickly things can go **** up if the money ain't coming in. With Delina at the helm the beans will be counted correctly.

That said I think it a certainty that we will be playing at least 3 games in Hobart from the next deal.

I think there's gonna be a lot of football people blown away with our profit this year. That alone will show where back in business.

Regardless of the profit figure, the real goal is to get to $40Mil income. Thats just under a $10mil increase from last year. Hopefully this is something we can build towards in the next few years.

Regardless of the profit figure, the real goal is to get to $40Mil income. Thats just under a $10mil increase from last year. Hopefully this is something we can build towards in the next few years.

Most clubs that have a huge turnover get a lot of it from non-football related businesses like pubs which have a massive turnover but low profit margin.

We don't have any pubs or social club.
We don't have pokies.

It would be tough for us to get within a bull's roar of the turnover of clubs that do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most clubs that have a huge turnover get a lot of it from non-football related businesses like pubs which have a massive turnover but low profit margin.

We don't have any pubs or social club.
We don't have pokies.

It would be tough for us to get within a bull's roar of the turnover of clubs that do.
The majority of the bigger clubs are around and above the $50mil mark. I think closing the gap is important. How that is done in a sustainable manner is the challenge for the club.

The majority of the bigger clubs are around and above the $50mil mark. I think closing the gap is important. How that is done in a sustainable manner is the challenge for the club.

I think Collingwood is $75m+

You need money to make money, or you need a lot of debt, some of the debt these clubs carry on pokies is horrific, if the government made pokies illegal most of the Victorian clubs would go under.

I think Collingwood is $75m+
Yeah. Geelong around $50m, Carlton $45+.

Strangely Richmond are only at the $40mil mark. I would have though that they would have a significantly stronger revenue pool from which to draw.

Yeah. Geelong around $50m, Carlton $45+.

Strangely Richmond are only at the $40mil mark. I would have though that they would have a significantly stronger revenue pool from which to draw.

They almost flatlined and were run into the ground over a long period of time. I think if they step up they will have a very good revenue base which will allow them to invest, they have a massive supporter base.

BWfoPPXCIAAnmvl.jpg

i'll wait till 2014 season starts. Win's matter but so far so good

Wise.

The way I look at it with these coaches is, because they have a number of clubs chasing them they choose the club where they think they will see the most success. It's not just that they are good at what they do (which they no doubt are), they make good career choices.

I don't think they would have chosen to come to us unless they thought there was going to be success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back