List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont want to seem as just a saints fanboy but lets look at it like this..

- both st.kilda and Dal have to veto the deal

- in this day and age of Money talks (look at Gaz, scully, martin, franklin etc......) do all of you think that this rule doesnt affect Dalsanto. he is expected to make roughly 600K in the last year of his deal, if he doesnt get the verbal communication that he will get this from North (or anyone else) then he would have to the dumbest footballer in the AFL if he turned down an extra 100K+ to join the same team (and this is a league with people like Martin in it)

- DAL wont accept less money, FACT and no one can blame him, look after your families finacial position before you look for a premiership. its 2013 people.

Dewah07 - What St Kilda supporters must remember is that, although it seems like they hold old the cards in relation to Nick, they also desperately need more quality picks. Much more than, say 15 other clubs. And keeping a player who is about to turn 30, and is on such a salary simply doesn't make sense, if a good pick is on offer. So make no mistake, St Kilda hierarchy wants to move him on.

It is possible that someone can offer more than North, however, I can assure you it won't be much more, given the age of the player. In a very best scenario, Nick will play 3 seasons for his new club. And he's not the absolute match winner he once was. Plus, don't forget he will have a gentleman's agreement with the club, that after giving them so much service over the years, they will at least trade him to the club of his choice. If North is that club, you an safely rule out the others anyway. If we are NOT that club, then this discussion is pointless.

And you also want a player from us, who happens to be wanted by at least two other clubs.

Put all that together, and it's clear that nobody will be holding anyone's balls in this case, even though Pelchen now works for you.

You guys need to undertand saints are letting Dal walk into FA. they not risking the evaluation of the AFL determine how much compensation we are getting, part of the evaluation for compensation is on the length of the contract and dollar value of the contract a huge unknown for a 30 year old dal so i feel saints will do the sensible thing and just determine their own fate.

also saints don't actually have to trade dal, i dont think its a fire sale on him, we are in the box seat with North, Tigs, Dons, GCS all asking about him. We will hardball and thats why i feel north will have to give up a disposalabe player to get the deal done. I REPEAT DAL IS NOT A MUST TRADE he is a trade chip, something which is forgotten in the media and BF, we will not settle just for the sake of it

I think the saints want no part of his 600K's next year. Not for a bottom 3 team. I think they are keen to move him on.

I think the saints want no part of his 600K's next year. Not for a bottom 3 team. I think they are keen to move him on.

Money doesn't concern us for this deal we allready made it with the intention of paying it in the first place, and AFL teams are not owned but a single person(s) like American sporting clubs where the owner has to pay out of his contract. so the notion that saints dont want to pay it is a mute point

Dewah07 - What St Kilda supporters must remember is that, although it seems like they hold old the cards in relation to Nick, they also desperately need more quality picks. Much more than, say 15 other clubs. And keeping a player who is about to turn 30, and is on such a salary simply doesn't make sense, if a good pick is on offer. So make no mistake, St Kilda hierarchy wants to move him on.

It is possible that someone can offer more than North, however, I can assure you it won't be much more, given the age of the player. In a very best scenario, Nick will play 3 seasons for his new club. And he's not the absolute match winner he once was. Plus, don't forget he will have a gentleman's agreement with the club, that after giving them so much service over the years, they will at least trade him to the club of his choice. If North is that club, you an safely rule out the others anyway. If we are NOT that club, then this discussion is pointless.

And you also want a player from us, who happens to be wanted by at least two other clubs.

Put all that together, and it's clear that nobody will be holding anyone's balls in this case, even though Pelchen now works for you.

Im still baffled who was the person that suggested Dal could leave through FA, unless your willing to pay the exact same as the contract he is currenlty on (roughly 600k) he wont become a FA

he wont lose 100k to go play with North or anyone for that matter, he will be traded or North need to figure out if adding an extra 100k on exected deal is a calculated risk when their trying so sign someone like Betts or resign other players.

i agree with the notion you brought up of we have no idea who holds the power, its a strange situation and i totally agree with you their.

also saints don't actually have to trade dal, i dont think its a fire sale on him, we are in the box seat with North, Tigs, Dons, GCS all asking about him. We will hardball and thats why i feel north will have to give up a disposalabe player to get the deal done. I REPEAT DAL IS NOT A MUST TRADE he is a trade chip, something which is forgotten in the media and BF, we will not settle just for the sake of it

Yet North are the only ones with a decent offer in front of NDS that St Kilda is willing to entertain from all reports. I'd say its not so much a box seat as an Ace in hand but nothing on the table to pair it with.

My guess is North have put a big money offer to NDS (we had a lot of money raised for this kind of thing a month or two back) which will likely push up the level of his compo pick which is what has the saints interested.

seinfeld_no_thanks.gif

That is what all the Geelong Posters were thinking back when we got Scott Thompson. let's sell the dream.

Back again uncle, good to see you mate.
so I take it you did not realise Jack Grimes wasn't a FA next year.;):D

Yet North are the only ones with a decent offer in front of NDS that St Kilda is willing to entertain from all reports. I'd say its not so much a box seat as an Ace in hand but nothing on the table to pair it with.

My guess is North have put a big money offer to NDS (we had a lot of money raised for this kind of thing a month or two back) which will likely push up the level of his compo pick which is what has the saints interested.

Dewah07 makes a fair point. North would have to offer him more than $600k a year for him to move as he wouldn't move for a smaller contract. That said do you think north will?

Im still baffled who was the person that suggested Dal could leave through FA, unless your willing to pay the exact same as the contract he is currenlty on (roughly 600k) he wont become a FA

he wont lose 100k to go play with North or anyone for that matter, he will be traded or North need to figure out if adding an extra 100k on exected deal is a calculated risk when their trying so sign someone like Betts or resign other players.

I presume that our offer includes a sum at least equal to that of his $600k contract, maybe more in year one. If we're serious about gaining his services, which our contract offer would suggest we are, then we'd know that to prise him from the Saints we'd have to include an all encompassing offer to NDS, including salary.

Dewah07 makes a fair point. North would have to offer him more than $600k a year for him to move as he wouldn't move for a smaller contract. That said do you think north will?

Remember that we've been paying just on 92% of the cap, all whilst re-signing every youngster worth keeping for the longer term. We have plenty of wriggle room to accommodate his salary which is why we're "playas" this year.

I presume that our offer includes a sum at least equal to that of his $600k contract, maybe more in year one. If we're serious about gaining his services, which our contract offer would suggest we are, then we'd know that to prise him from the Saints we'd have to include an all encompassing offer to NDS, including salary.

Agreed.

Also remember you're comparing a 1 year deal with a (rumored) 3 year deal so 3 yrs at 500-550k may be more attractive than 1 yr at 600k + who knows after that

May or may not have been sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed.

Also remember you're comparing a 1 year deal with a (rumored) year deal so 3 yrs at 500-550k may be more attractive than 1 yr at 600k + who knows after that

May or may not have been sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i was under the impression that they wouldn't go past 500k, even 550 and i think dal would refuse even if its over 3 years, remember thats 50k or 10% of his salary he has to give up, most sports poeple over value themself and back themself in to continue to play at the same level so assume unless roos match his current deal then he would be stupid to budge.

It may be right he wouldnt wan't to leave for less than 600k, but it may also be equally right that he'd be willing to go for less if he felt North could clinch a premiership in his time as a player.

I think the offer North will put to him will be incredibly fair, and as TToes said we have a LOT of cap space to fill, so it's not like we can't fit it in, especially with the recent fundraising for targetting a big name.

You guys need to undertand saints are letting Dal walk into FA. they not risking the evaluation of the AFL determine how much compensation we are getting, part of the evaluation for compensation is on the length of the contract and dollar value of the contract a huge unknown for a 30 year old dal so i feel saints will do the sensible thing and just determine their own fate.

He has 2-3 years left. Can't see anyone selling the farm to get him unless they think he will buy them a flag in 1-2 years time? Also you seem to have forgotten the whole reason he is even being discussed, and that is St Kilda is desperate to regenerate their list. Hanging onto Dal Santo while you are rebuilding isn't going to achieve much, especially if you are going to get decent compo under FA as well as a young key defender that you are desperate for. Couldn't care less if we got him or not to be honest, he is a nicety, not a necessity.

i was under the impression that they wouldn't go past 500k, even 550 and i think dal would refuse even if its over 3 years, remember thats 50k or 10% of his salary he has to give up, most sports poeple over value themself and back themself in to continue to play at the same level so assume unless roos match his current deal then he would be stupid to budge.
What I was trying to get at is we can not compare the two deals without knowing what St Kilda are doing AFTER next year.

It might be that if he leaves now he gets 3 years at North for 500k (1.5m) or he stays at Saints and gets 1 year of 600k then 2 of 400 (1.4m). In that case he would be better staying at north, it's also possible that after playing next year at St Kilda that he has to retire because of some bad injury or moves to another club (either as a free agent or a trade) for less than what north are offering now. Security is a big factor in a contract for someone 30 and over

I think one of your earlier posts proclaimed it was FACT that he would not come to North if we aren't paying him 600k next year, I think that is far from correct and we are a very strong chance of landing him on a 3 year 500k deal (otherwise why would he still be talking to us after so many months?)

If we've been talking to his management since mid-season I'd guess the financial side of it is probably already agreed upon.

Quoted for truth

sorry to intrude, but you have to be joking? guaranteed $1.5M over 3 or guaranteed $600K over 1, at 30 you think the best option is the 1 year contract extension? friggen hilarious. as my good friend uncle would say...

seinfeld_no_thanks.gif

Despite reports to the contrary, we are heavily into Sam Docherty and Dayle Garlett.

If Garlett is available at 26, we will take him.

The other interesting fact is Tarrant is on the table for SD.

What are people's thoughts on the Tarrant for Docherty trade if it were to eventuate.

sorry to intrude, but you have to be joking? guaranteed $1.5M over 3 or guaranteed $600K over 1, at 30 you think the best option is the 1 year contract extension? friggen hilarious. as my good friend uncle would say...

heres a question and this time ets see if your not a smarta**..

how would north people feel if Dal was your highest paid player, forget about the exact figure but would it make you guys cringe to think he would be your highest paid player? just want to guage the audience here.

Despite reports to the contrary, we are heavily into Sam Docherty and Dayle Garlett.

If Garlett is available at 26, we will take him.

The other interesting fact is Tarrant is on the table for SD.

What are people's thoughts on the Tarrant for Docherty trade if it were to eventuate.
Well for starters I'd want to know what the source is on that.

heres a question and this time ets see if your not a smarta**..

how would north people feel if Dal was your highest paid player, forget about the exact figure but would it make you guys cringe to think he would be your highest paid player? just want to guage the audience here.

The only person on our list currently who I believe would be ahead of NDS if you had to give them a monetary value right now would be Boomer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back