List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
heard from a reliable source a number of things today:

-Scott McMahon's management been in talks with GC for a while. Club happy to deal but won't let him go easily

-LA getting interest from Adelaide and WC, Adealide want high % of his contract paid. Both want steak knives type deal

-NDS looking less likely. We have offered a 3 year deal. Only has 1 year remaining at saints. Likes the idea of 3 year deal for job security but will be a bit less than what his final year payment is at saints.

-Sam Wright will be on the trade table come draft time

-Greenwood has spoken to Melbourne and Adelaide about potential trade

-Still in the race for Bruce, we are trying to get him to choose us as club of choice, but he is keen on guaranteed game time.

- Mabon is gone. Looking at picking up a spec ruck in the rookie list.

- Kennedy had some interest on the trade table for a steak knives type deal

- We have spoken to Matt Buntine and Dom Tyson from GWS. Stayed in constant contact since their draft years.

- Heavily into Docherty, been in talks with him since mid-season. Lewis was very very keen on him in his draft year.

-We have spoken to Maverick Weller

-Out of the race for Eddie Betts, have a small forward on our radar for later pick in the draft. Also club backing in Harper and Adams to have bigger years next year

-We have cooled on Dayle Garlett but we would still probably be the most interested out of all clubs. Most clubs have already put a line through him.

-Spoken to have a number of mature midfielders: Cain, Banner amongst them

-Gysberts gone too. Club not happy with his attitude towards training. Happy to put in the hards yards on the track, not happy to put in the hard years in the gym.
Cheers for the inside info. Pretty happy with all of it especially like that we have talked to mav weller, hope we get him

Also happy to trade McMahon to gold coast

I would really hope we aren't looking at trading Wright and I doubt we will. I still believe he will be a very good player once he gets his body 100% and settles into a position.

Does he have a position? I reckon if he could build up his endurance he could play onball - like an old fashioned centreman.

Being a defensive forward only takes you so far.

I'd be very happy if we make 7 changes to the list. I suspect a lot of teams will do this.
We don't have a completely balanced list yet. Our depth is not quality depth like hawks and cats.
It sounds harsh, but LA, Wright, Kennedy, Mabon and Gysberts etc. have had long enough and clearly have weaknesses that we shouldn't put up with anymore. We want to develop elite players.
We have to make these moves to get better to compete with GWS and GC long-term.

heard from a reliable source a number of things today:
my replies assume your source is reliable.

-Scott McMahon's management been in talks with GC for a while. Club happy to deal but won't let him go easily
D.Swallow sounds fair to me, he should be where he belongs anyway.

-LA getting interest from Adelaide and WC, Adealide want high % of his contract paid. Both want steak knives type deal
don't understand, if steak knives, why are we paying his contract or a large%?

-NDS looking less likely. We have offered a 3 year deal. Only has 1 year remaining at saints. Likes the idea of 3 year deal for job security but will be a bit less than what his final year payment is at saints.
If he aint over the moon to get a chance a premiership, I don't really want North to just fund his retirement program.

-Sam Wright will be on the trade table come draft time
disappointed but not surprised.

-Greenwood has spoken to Melbourne and Adelaide about potential trade
disappointed but not surprised. I was watching a replay of the 77 grand final, Greenwood is our today version of Billy Nettlefold.

-Still in the race for Bruce, we are trying to get him to choose us as club of choice, but he is keen on guaranteed game time.
better judges then I can access this.

- Mabon is gone. Looking at picking up a spec ruck in the rookie list.
I will be pissed if we continue to pick up project ruckmen if he is gone at 21.

- Kennedy had some interest on the trade table for a steak knives type deal
that is good for him, I would prefer draft pick up-grades in 2nd and third rounds the pick 82.

- We have spoken to Matt Buntine and Dom Tyson from GWS. Stayed in constant contact since their draft years.
thought Tyson was off to Richmond.

- Heavily into Docherty, been in talks with him since mid-season. Lewis was very very keen on him in his draft year.
what would it take? do we need another half back flanker? not sure about this?

-We have spoken to Maverick Weller
that should make a few happy in here, we will have someone to replace LA.

-Out of the race for Eddie Betts, have a small forward on our radar for later pick in the draft. Also club backing in Harper and Adams to have bigger years next year
fine with that, the price was always high, if he can get to us at a reasonable pay rate I would not be disappointed.

-We have cooled on Dayle Garlett but we would still probably be the most interested out of all clubs. Most clubs have already put a line through him.
if he can fill a rookie list spot, would be grat he gets a shot and we risk little.

-Spoken to have a number of mature midfielders: Cain, Banner amongst them
are they better back-ups then Anthony and Greenwood?

-Gysberts gone too. Club not happy with his attitude towards training. Happy to put in the hards yards on the track, not happy to put in the hard years in the gym.
fair enough, if the stories are true.

Make it happen Euge.*

*Sole member of I don't think NDS is worth the money or a trade club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Scotty MacMahon goes to the Gold Coast, there needs to be an agreement that they'll stay away from Dayle Garlett & drop any bid for McDonald in there.

That eliminates the two most likely bidders - Delaney to Brisbane & MacMahon to the Gold Coast.

If Scotty MacMahon goes to the Gold Coast, there needs to be an agreement that they'll stay away from Dayle Garlett & drop any bid for McDonald in there.

That eliminates the two most likely bidders - Delaney to Brisbane & MacMahon to the Gold Coast.

Someone better write down all these agreements we are setting up with clubs.

I would really hope we aren't looking at trading Wright and I doubt we will. I still believe he will be a very good player once he gets his body 100% and settles into a position.

The club has put players on the trade table several times to give them a bit of a shake up, and expect that will be the case with Wright. Still see him as a quality player.

I'm not especially keen about NDS, particularly given his age. I'd like to be a bit left field here. My first question is who would you rate among the young potentially elite outside midfielders?

Ideal trade/FA period
Get josh Bruce and nick dal santo (if we miss out on dal then I hope we get Sylvia who hasn't re-signed with the dees yet). Pick up mav weller for free as delisted free agent.
Use 3 picks in the draft

Thus need to clear 6 list spots
Luke Delaney, Kennedy, mabon, sierakowski, McMahon and gysberts all traded or delisted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back