List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silvia is rubbish.
Amazing input....He has always had talent but is a tad lazy though I attribute that with him playing at such a poor team that gives him no support while he gets close attention from the opposition

Would be a good fit for us, but the number one preference is dal santo

Amazing input....He has always had talent but is a tad lazy though I attribute that with him playing at such a poor team that gives him no support while he gets close attention from the opposition

Would be a good fit for us, but the number one preference is dal santo
Soft, mentally weak and inconsistant. Everything our young group doesn't need. Pass.

Skilful, mature strong build, good goal-sense, can play forward or mid, free agent. Want if we miss out on dal
May as well keep Jizzah. I wonder how long it would take to get Melbourne out of Col's system? 2 or 3 years?

May as well keep Jizzah. I wonder how long it would take to get Melbourne out of Col's system? 2 or 3 years?
Sylvia would adapt much better than gysberts. He's been in the system much longer and they are different players, Sylvia suits us more as he can play forward and mid and has good pace whereas jizz is a pure mid that lacks pace

Skilful, mature strong build, good goal-sense, can play forward or mid, free agent. Want if we miss out on dal

If we miss out on Dal, save the money for someone else.

He's been at Melbourne for his entire career. You think he'll come to a new club and instantly be better?

Nah. He only pulled his finger out of his arse this year because he's playing for a contract.

roos_fanatic08 cheers. Heard the mcmahon one a while ago, wasnt sure about it but must be something to it.

In terms of LA, any idea on how much % they want. I thought the idea of steak knives trade is they take the contract. What would actually be in it for us if we let him go cheaply, and still pay a large portion of his contract" He may have been over taken by gibbo, but can still play a role, even as depth.

It was just open up a spot on the list for us, but we'd have to pay for it. Ultimately its just so we can take him off the list. I'd prefer to keep him as depth rather than pay a % of his contract. If we give him away for nothing we shouldn't have to pay for it.

For anyone to get drafted they have worked hard to get there. I think people forget they are just kids, and can maybe get a little disillusioned.

As I said Jizza is working hard on the track, but not so much in the gym.

Some people just aren't into gym training but for gysberts it is integral for his development. If he isn't going to go for broke in the gym and push himself then his body isn't going to develop the way we need it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would really hope we aren't looking at trading Wright and I doubt we will. I still believe he will be a very good player once he gets his body 100% and settles into a position.

I doubt he will be going anywhere, but like most years there is always 1-2 on the list that are put on the trade table. The majority of them we do't actually know about. I'm sure There won't be any articles that come out saying he is on the table.

We'd only let him go for a first round pick, which based on his output would not happen.

A number of clubs have inquired about Harper and we have told them to GAGF

heard from a reliable source a number of things today:

-Scott McMahon's management been in talks with GC for a while. Club happy to deal but won't let him go easily

-LA getting interest from Adelaide and WC, Adealide want high % of his contract paid. Both want steak knives type deal

-NDS looking less likely. We have offered a 3 year deal. Only has 1 year remaining at saints. Likes the idea of 3 year deal for job security but will be a bit less than what his final year payment is at saints.

-Sam Wright will be on the trade table come draft time

-Greenwood has spoken to Melbourne and Adelaide about potential trade

-Still in the race for Bruce, we are trying to get him to choose us as club of choice, but he is keen on guaranteed game time.

- Mabon is gone. Looking at picking up a spec ruck in the rookie list.

- Kennedy had some interest on the trade table for a steak knives type deal

- We have spoken to Matt Buntine and Dom Tyson from GWS. Stayed in constant contact since their draft years.

- Heavily into Docherty, been in talks with him since mid-season. Lewis was very very keen on him in his draft year.

-We have spoken to Maverick Weller

-Out of the race for Eddie Betts, have a small forward on our radar for later pick in the draft. Also club backing in Harper and Adams to have bigger years next year

-We have cooled on Dayle Garlett but we would still probably be the most interested out of all clubs. Most clubs have already put a line through him.

-Spoken to have a number of mature midfielders: Cain, Banner amongst them

-Gysberts gone too. Club not happy with his attitude towards training. Happy to put in the hards yards on the track, not happy to put in the hard years in the gym.

- McMahon. Really dropped off and cant see him winning his place back. Happy to off-load. What currency does he have? What sort of mid could be extracted from GC? What would it take to extract Swallow, Matera, McKenzie etc.?

- LA. Depth player only. Has to be a worthwhile deal otherwise no point to it? What currency does he have? Straight swap for Mckernan (who has signalled intent to return) who would put pressure on Tarrant/Daw to perform or miss out? Adds depth if Grima goes down and Tarrant needs to go back? Isn't Adelaide's first pick in the third round? If Adelaide offer their 2nd pick (4th round), should we just keep him?

- NDS will unfortunately join Goddard at Essendon. I think that is slipping at of our grasp...

- Sam Wright. Hard to find a spot with JMac, Adams, BMac etc keeping him out. What currency does he have? If the NDS deal falls through, would Calton entertain the idea packaged with Delaney for Yarran? If Carlton becomes the preferred home for Delaney, what would it take to extract Yarran?

- Greenwood. Never put a foot wrong when given the opportunity. Is a good replacement for Swallow until he recovers. If he is going to be offered up, it would want to be worthwhile? What currency does he have?

- Bruce. Can we guarantee game time? I think he may prefer to play at another club lacking talls (WB, STK, CARL)?

-Garlett. Someone mentioned 'rookie' listing him. Good luck with that! Hopefully we can snag him as he could be the crumbing/small forward Betts was earmarked for (yet a fraction of the cost)?

-Mature mids (Cain, Banner). What can they contribute that Anthony and Greenwood can't. A waste of space on your list IMO. If Banner cant get a game at Port, goodluck breaking into our 22.

-Gysberts. Gone, no big deal. Another list clogger. Given an opportunity but didn't take it!

I doubt he will be going anywhere, but like most years there is always 1-2 on the list that are put on the trade table. The majority of them we do't actually know about. I'm sure There won't be any articles that come out saying he is on the table.

We'd only let him go for a first round pick, which based on his output would not happen.

A number of clubs have inquired about Harper and we have told them to GAGF

I should bloody hope so. He will either fix his issues at North or not at all. The club would have to be mad to let Harper go, he was earmarked as "Little Boomer" from day 1

heard from a reliable source a number of things today:

-Scott McMahon's management been in talks with GC for a while. Club happy to deal but won't let him go easily

-LA getting interest from Adelaide and WC, Adealide want high % of his contract paid. Both want steak knives type deal

-NDS looking less likely. We have offered a 3 year deal. Only has 1 year remaining at saints. Likes the idea of 3 year deal for job security but will be a bit less than what his final year payment is at saints.

-Sam Wright will be on the trade table come draft time

-Greenwood has spoken to Melbourne and Adelaide about potential trade

-Still in the race for Bruce, we are trying to get him to choose us as club of choice, but he is keen on guaranteed game time.

- Mabon is gone. Looking at picking up a spec ruck in the rookie list.

- Kennedy had some interest on the trade table for a steak knives type deal

- We have spoken to Matt Buntine and Dom Tyson from GWS. Stayed in constant contact since their draft years.

- Heavily into Docherty, been in talks with him since mid-season. Lewis was very very keen on him in his draft year.

-We have spoken to Maverick Weller

-Out of the race for Eddie Betts, have a small forward on our radar for later pick in the draft. Also club backing in Harper and Adams to have bigger years next year

-We have cooled on Dayle Garlett but we would still probably be the most interested out of all clubs. Most clubs have already put a line through him.

-Spoken to have a number of mature midfielders: Cain, Banner amongst them

-Gysberts gone too. Club not happy with his attitude towards training. Happy to put in the hards yards on the track, not happy to put in the hard years in the gym.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately that sounds a lot like "We're chasing everybody and likely to land nobody while offloading a few depth players for two fifths of f*** all"

- McMahon. Really dropped off and cant see him winning his place back. Happy to off-load. What currency does he have? What sort of mid could be extracted from GC? What would it take to extract Swallow, Matera, McKenzie etc.?

- LA. Depth player only. Has to be a worthwhile deal otherwise no point to it? What currency does he have? Straight swap for Mckernan (who has signalled intent to return) who would put pressure on Tarrant/Daw to perform or miss out? Adds depth if Grima goes down and Tarrant needs to go back? Isn't Adelaide's first pick in the third round? If Adelaide offer their 2nd pick (4th round), should we just keep him?

- NDS will unfortunately join Goddard at Essendon. I think that is slipping at of our grasp...

- Sam Wright. Hard to find a spot with JMac, Adams, BMac etc keeping him out. What currency does he have? If the NDS deal falls through, would Calton entertain the idea packaged with Delaney for Yarran? If Carlton becomes the preferred home for Delaney, what would it take to extract Yarran?

- Greenwood. Never put a foot wrong when given the opportunity. Is a good replacement for Swallow until he recovers. If he is going to be offered up, it would want to be worthwhile? What currency does he have?

- Bruce. Can we guarantee game time? I think he may prefer to play at another club lacking talls (WB, STK, CARL)?

-Garlett. Someone mentioned 'rookie' listing him. Good luck with that! Hopefully we can snag him as he could be the crumbing/small forward Betts was earmarked for (yet a fraction of the cost)?

-Mature mids (Cain, Banner). What can they contribute that Anthony and Greenwood can't. A waste of space on your list IMO. If Banner cant get a game at Port, goodluck breaking into our 22.

-Gysberts. Gone, no big deal. Another list clogger. Given an opportunity but didn't take it!

-We are not going to get any quality mids from GCS for McMahon, they want an experienced half back who can help with their defensive structures. They will probably only offer up a 3rd round pick for McMahon so I highly doubt he would leave. We definitely won't be in the market for any of the three that you mentioned.

- If we get rid of LA it means we have an extra pick in the draft. I think it would be a late swap like we did for Edwards last year.

- The last thing Carlton need are more flanker types. I doubt they would be interested in Wright even as part of a package type deal

- The club haven't offered up Greenwood, but he has told his manager to try find him some job security and guaranteed gametime. He is sick of getting dropped after one bad game when others around him get an extended crack.

- Garlett losing fans we are still the most interested club. Daniel Wells supposedly meeting up with him while on holidays in Perth, to discuss his future and to give him some guidance.

- Banner's development was pretty average while at Port. Many other younger players felt the same way under Primus. He went to the WAFL and finished top 10 in the sandover and averaged over 24 touches and 2 goals per game. Perfect HF depth and someone who could play from round 1. Cain would be midfield depth, and could play a role similar to Sam Gibson. Don't write off the mature type players we've had a lot of luck with them. We are better off going for these types late in the draft/rookie rather than going for a skinny kid with a average ceiling that will take 4 years to develop.

We're doing are due diligence and enquiring about players. Its hard to land players because we are only looking for depth defenders as we can't promise regular senior games, and the quality players we need will probably have to high an asking price, and we have no first rounder to deal with.
I'd much rather we look and not pay overs. If we don't land anyone, shifting Atley to midfield has to be on the cards anyway, and McKenzie, McDonald, Harper and Mullett could even get a look through the middle anyway in those spots. If we land someone that's great, if not, our drafting has been solid.

We're doing are due diligence and enquiring about players. Its hard to land players because we are only looking for depth defenders as we can't promise regular senior games, and the quality players we need will probably have to high an asking price, and we have no first rounder to deal with.
I'd much rather we look and not pay overs. If we don't land anyone, shifting Atley to midfield has to be on the cards anyway, and McKenzie, McDonald, Harper and Mullett could even get a look through the middle anyway in those spots. If we land someone that's great, if not, our drafting has been solid.

We are very interested in Docherty because we are looking at moving both Atley and Mullett up the field more (Not to say they will not spend time across half back). Luke McDonald/Hine/McMillan/Potentially Docherty would fill their role across half back.

We are very interested in Docherty because we are looking at moving both Atley and Mullett up the field more (Not to say they will not spend time across half back). Luke McDonald/Hine/McMillan/Potentially Docherty would fill their role across half back.

With Atley's poor defensive ability I doubt we have any choice. Once is tank and body is ready I want him out of the backline asap - in doing so his burst running and kicking should become more dangerous further up the field.

As for the McKernan/Anthony swap, I like it. Who knows, McKernan might improve (and he has to, been pretty ordinary) and Anthony is surplus to requirements. Both get a new chance.

Ideal trade/FA period
Get josh Bruce and nick dal santo (if we miss out on dal then I hope we get Sylvia who hasn't re-signed with the dees yet). Pick up mav weller for free as delisted free agent.
Use 3 picks in the draft

Thus need to clear 6 list spots
Luke Delaney, Kennedy, mabon, sierakowski, McMahon and gysberts all traded or delisted

Which AFL games did you watch Josh Bruce in? What did he impress you with? Or do you fly up each week to watch NEAFL?

Curiously I don't recall you or anyone mentioning him during the season.

Mav Weller eh. Who do you think he could knock out of our 22? Why do you reckon? What sort of player is he?

Quick, better hit google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back