List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garlett is exactly what we need, I hope like heck we draft him. I'd use our 2nd rounder in a heartbeat, especially if we can get an extra one for Delaney. Wells and LT mentoring him would be ideal for his development into a professional footballer.

It's the kind of risk you have to take, it could be the difference between perennial top 4 and premiership side.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately that sounds a lot like "We're chasing everybody and likely to land nobody while offloading a few depth players for two fifths of f*** all"

Jay-Z, I've heard from a very reliable source that we are getting more aggressive and asking for THREE fifths of f*** all this year!

Which AFL games did you watch Josh Bruce in? What did he impress you with? Or do you fly up each week to watch NEAFL?

Curiously I don't recall you or anyone mentioning him during the season.

Mav Weller eh. Who do you think he could knock out of our 22? Why do you reckon? What sort of player is he?

Quick, better hit google.

seen Bruce play a couple of times in the afl and has impressed me with his strength and agility, why would i need to fly up and watch him in the NEAFL?

Mav Weller is midfield/defender that has mainly been used as a tagger/run with player in the afl, he can also hunt the ball and be more attacking which he was as a junior. Would be in the 18-25 bracket for our players which is good for a free pick up

The DG decision is a tough one. His attributes would compliment the side like nobodies business. Have to back our recruiters in either way. DAl, McDonald and a committed DG would cause considerable movement.

What's his fwd pressure like? Lacks a tank which isn't ideal.

Oh the suspense.

With Atley's poor defensive ability I doubt we have any choice. Once is tank and body is ready I want him out of the backline asap - in doing so his burst running and kicking should become more dangerous further up the field.

As for the McKernan/Anthony swap, I like it. Who knows, McKernan might improve (and he has to, been pretty ordinary) and Anthony is surplus to requirements. Both get a new chance.

It's all about balance with Atley. When playing across half back in 2012 his primary focus was defence not offence. He had some outstanding defensive games on some of the best small forwards in the league. This year he was too run and carry focused which meant his defensive positioning was not as good as it was previously, which also meant he had a number of easy goals kicked on him. When he gets the balance right he will be fine.

As for the McKernan/Anthony swap, I like it. Who knows, McKernan might improve (and he has to, been pretty ordinary) and Anthony is surplus to requirements. Both get a new chance.

McKernan is the logical choice to me...Obviously not rated at Adelaide as he hardly got a go at it even with Tippet and Walker out of the equation? After a couple of years in the system and moving back home, could really take the next step in his career. The durability of Grima worries me and having the ability to throw Tarrant back and Mckernan forward appeals, or even pinch hit in the ruck. I would love to know whether any enquiries from the club have been made? Based on his rating at Adelaide,
definitely wouldn't cost us much at the trade table?

The DG decision is a tough one. His attributes would compliment the side like nobodies business. Have to back our recruiters in either way. DAl, McDonald and a committed DG would cause considerable movement.

What's his fwd pressure like? Lacks a tank which isn't ideal.

Oh the suspense.

See, I understand the need to back in the recruiters to an extent.

But the list management team has been so good for so long, and our recruiting has set us up for a huge run at the flag in the next few years, that I'd be willing to take a risk on Garlett in the second round if he's available. Yes, it's a huge risk, but the McDonald pick is both risk free and 100% locked in.

I think the recruitment team has earnt the right to toss a second rounder on a speculative pick, which could improve the side immensely. Imagine if Garlett turns out as a 200 game player? We would put statues of Lewis at Arden St.

- The last thing Carlton need are more flanker types. I doubt they would be interested in Wright even as part of a package type deal

I agree that Carlton would not be interested in Wright, but they definitely would be interested in Delaney. Lets assume the NDS deal doesn't happen. What would it take to sweeten the deal with Delaney to extract Yarran from Carlton? Assume the first and second round selection off the table (LMac and Garlett) so what else can be offered apart from Delaney? Delaney + Greenwood + 3rd rounder (about pick 40ish)? Delaney + Ben Mckinley + Jonathon Hay? All their KPP marquee's in one swift trade!

On the other stuff in here of late, I would do a Smack/LA trade so fast it would make your head soin.

We have exhausted every ounce of LA's usefulness, as harsh as it sounds, and if Tarrant is as far on the trade table as rumours suggest, Smack is great depth.

dont think mabon should be delisted, just turned 21 and is showing nice progression, why put 2-3 years development into a project ruckman and cast him off when he starts to show a bit of talent, comfortably accounted for currie/daw combo earlier this year, look elsewhere for delisting targets IMO

See, I understand the need to back in the recruiters to an extent.

But the list management team has been so good for so long, and our recruiting has set us up for a huge run at the flag in the next few years, that I'd be willing to take a risk on Garlett in the second round if he's available. Yes, it's a huge risk, but the McDonald pick is both risk free and 100% locked in.

I think the recruitment team has earnt the right to toss a second rounder on a speculative pick, which could improve the side immensely. Imagine if Garlett turns out as a 200 game player? We would put statues of Lewis at Arden St.

Along side Jack's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont think mabon should be delisted, just turned 21 and is showing nice progression, why put 2-3 years development into a project ruckman and cast him off when he starts to show a bit of talent, comfortably accounted for currie/daw combo earlier this year, look elsewhere for delisting targets IMO

because he is too small to play as a ruckman in the afl. He is only 199cm.

because he is too small to play as a ruckman in the afl. He is only 199cm.
He is the smallest 199cm footballer I have ever seen.

Blokes like Hudson and Minson can get away with being a little shorter because they are built like bulls. Mabon's frame is small. Too small to add the significant size required to be competitive at AFL level due to his lack of height.

He is the smallest 199cm footballer I have ever seen.

Blokes like Hudson and Minson can get away with being a little shorter because they are built like bulls. Mabon's frame is small. Too small to add the significant size required to be competitive at AFL level due to his lack of height.

yep is he like a stick figure. I couldn't believe that since he has been drafted he has put on 18kg. he needs another 18kg on what he already has, but with his frame I doubt it will happen. Just doesn't have the shoulders to put on big gains.

its why a lot of ruckman don't get picked up anymore. Darcy Fort was told he probably wont get picked up because they can't see how he is going to add strength/weight to his slight frame.

- We have spoken to Matt Buntine and Dom Tyson from GWS. Stayed in constant contact since their draft years.
Both these boys are contracted to 2015 apparently. Unless we want to trade someone like Goldy or Bastinac they will not be coming to North any time soon.

Both these boys are contracted to 2015 apparently. Unless we want to trade someone like Goldy or Bastinac they will not be coming to North any time soon.

we've stayed in contact with a number of GCS and GWS boys from the get go. The idea behind is that when all these top draft picks mature around a similar age and there is a salary cap squeeze we feel there will be opportunities to snare some of them.

we've stayed in contact with a number of GCS and GWS boys from the get go. The idea behind is that when all these top draft picks mature around a similar age and there is a salary cap squeeze we feel there will be opportunities to snare some of them.
As is to be expected. Some fruit is going to fall off those trees for sure. First round picks for the next few years could be locked away for trades if worthy options come along. D. Swallow option 1.

seen Bruce play a couple of times in the afl and has impressed me with his strength and agility, why would i need to fly up and watch him in the NEAFL?

Which games? What sort of players did he match up on?

Mav Weller is midfield/defender that has mainly been used as a tagger/run with player in the afl, he can also hunt the ball and be more attacking which he was as a junior. Would be in the 18-25 bracket for our players which is good for a free pick up

Would you play him ahead of Hine, McDonald, Atley, McMahon, MacMillan and Mullett?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back