List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many 6"5 forwards do Freo run with?

On the occasions we have just played two talls, I think we've looked better, Thomas has far more room to work in and our midfielders get a lot more ball front and square in the forward line.

I think we need more mobility in there, and certainly need a bigger emphasis on pressure in there. Majak has a role to play there IMO, I'd like to see a Bailey type role for him, where he gets subbed in the 3rd most games, gives Goldy a chop out, barring injury of course.

I'd also like to see Garner/Wood developed into a Chris Mayne type forward, I think Mason is a good fit for that role, he has a big tank and is quick enough to lock the ball in

Freo are the ones desperately searching for key forwards though, how many would they play if they had 3-5 decent ones available to them? Lyon played plenty of tall forwards at Saints.

A problem since we switched from Petrie/Tarrant/Hansen to Petrie/Tarrant/Black is that both Black and Tarrant are leading forwards, Tarrant had a lot more opportunity to lead into space when he was the only leading forward. This is compounded by the fact Thomas is more medium sized leading forward instead of a crumbing forward.

I think we have a forward line that works, especially when the mids look to hit up a target rather than bomb away. The problem is with so many leading options is that when teams congest our forward line there isn't any space and our ability to score declines rapidly.

I think a more mobile forward line is more of an advantage against flooders, you can then push numbers back to congest the midfield and your own backline and just use run and carry to launch attacks. We do not adapt well to when clubs congest our forward line.

I'd do Shaw for Tarrant and a pick in a heartbeat

I'm not a Tarrant hater by any means, but looking at how this trade would effect our best 22

In: Shaw and whoever deserves a spot most out of Harper, Garner and Wood
Out: Tarrant and our 22nd player (Hine, Sierakowski or Jacobs)

It would improve our structure (don't like having three talls that don't ruck), and make us a lot more dangerous imo

We went out & actively pursued these two guys just 12 months ago.

I don't know why people throw up trade scenarios that won't happen.

Question - would people give up Harper as part of a trade deal for Shaw?

What about Wright?

Personally, I'd say yes to both but its just a matter of what else you would need to add to get it done.
No to Harper.

Yes to Wright.

He always has been a bit aloof and up himself.

Speaking of which, how's Onip?
Yeah Onip just sent an email wanting us all to Thank Mariangela BIG TIME because otherwise Wellsy would be in a Freo or West Coast Jumper. So he has asked us to imagine Betts, Wells and Thomas in the same side. Krakouer Magic really captured the imagination of Onip as a child. So anyways thanks Mariangela.

Artichoke just sent an email reading "Welcome from Medan Indonesia". The Big DF sent him an email back telling him to "Just go hot wire a tuk tuk mate. The locals would be up in arms".

As for the Big DF, I think he is in Scotland looking to find the "Long Neck" Monster. Bloody Idiot!

So yeah here I am "Holding the Fort" and stirring the masses on behalf of all of us. :stern look

The Age reporting Collingwood will trade with GWS.

Adams for Shaw & exchange of draft picks.

Good, let's get this done as soon as possible so I don't have to read any more crap about that simian flog coming to North.

I just wanted to clarify, I wasn't inferring a Bastinac move to Collingwood for Shaw. I don't think thats likely and I don't think they need him.

I'm just saying I expect he will be enquired about, in particular by GWS again.

Maybe so, but we'd be nuts to consider it. They chased once and Basti showed his loyalty to us. He's steadily been improving and could easily become a real weapon over the next year or 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo are the ones desperately searching for key forwards though, how many would they play if they had 3-5 decent ones available to them? Lyon played plenty of tall forwards at Saints.

A problem since we switched from Petrie/Tarrant/Hansen to Petrie/Tarrant/Black is that both Black and Tarrant are leading forwards, Tarrant had a lot more opportunity to lead into space when he was the only leading forward. This is compounded by the fact Thomas is more medium sized leading forward instead of a crumbing forward.

I think we have a forward line that works, especially when the mids look to hit up a target rather than bomb away. The problem is with so many leading options is that when teams congest our forward line there isn't any space and our ability to score declines rapidly.

I think a more mobile forward line is more of an advantage against flooders, you can then push numbers back to congest the midfield and your own backline and just use run and carry to launch attacks. We do not adapt well to when clubs congest our forward line.

Thats why i see Hansen taking over FF when Petrie retires. We'd need someone thats a strong contested mark, as you say both Tarrant and Black are more lead up types. Hansen also has the pace to apply lock in pressure and has the tank to work up the ground. But for the next 2-3 years he's a defender.

It'll be interesting the impact of the reduced interchanges, while it might slow down the floods/zoning, opening up space for lead up types it also works the other way for slingshot plays which hurt is already, so some pace up forward will be required. Black seems ideal given his attributes. Thats also why im not keen on any talk of trading our running machines such as Basti.

If we traded Tarrant it opens things up for Daw who helps out Goldie and Petrie (not having to ruck). Can see him as the 3/4 time sub. Plus more scope for using Hansen as a swingman if required.

Thats why i see Hansen taking over FF when Petrie retires. We'd need someone thats a strong contested mark, as you say both Tarrant and Black are more lead up types. Hansen also has the pace to apply lock in pressure and has the tank to work up the ground. But for the next 2-3 years he's a defender.

It'll be interesting the impact of the reduced interchanges, while it might slow down the floods/zoning, opening up space for lead up types it also works the other way for slingshot plays which hurt is already, so some pace up forward will be required. Black seems ideal given his attributes. Thats also why im not keen on any talk of trading our running machines such as Basti.

If we traded Tarrant it opens things up for Daw who helps out Goldie and Petrie (not having to ruck). Can see him as the 3/4 time sub. Plus more scope for using Hansen as a swingman if required.

If we did trade someone of value I wouldn't trade for a flanker, I would focus on the midfield.

We should make a play for Geelong VFL players. We have turned 1 of them into an AA star, why not do it again.

They have several that will be good that a bold offer should snag.

Caddy is going to be a star, I wonder whether we topped Geelong's offer and made a real effort or just thought herp derp Hine is cheap.

We should make a play for Geelong VFL players. We have turned 1 of them into an AA star, why not do it again.

They have several that will be good that a bold offer should snag.

Caddy is going to be a star, I wonder whether we topped Geelong's offer and made a real effort or just thought herp derp Hine is cheap.

I didn't think the Caddy thing came down to a $$$ bidding war, it seemed he was satisfied with either NM or Geel. What they could deal, being the compo draft pick, was the clincher.

I'd be selective with Geelong fringe players. Laidler and Gillies were made out to be Gods, but ended up being cut by their next team. If we were targeting a player it would be someone who has been on the list for 2 maybe 3 years, not a genuine fringe player. If we are to take the next step, then they would be fringe players at North as well.

Sorry to intrude.

Thoughts on Ben Mabon please.
Required player?
Delisted?
Trade currency?

Would be a good project player for us IMO under Maric.

There has been suggestions that he may be cut, so the tiges for pick him up for nothing.

I'm not sure of his exact dimensions, however some on here think he is actually shorter than advertised and is not really tall enough for ruck.

From what I've seen he's showed a little bit of promise, but Goldstein and Currie are both around 25, so I don't see much of a future for him here.

There has been suggestions that he may be cut, so the tiges for pick him up for nothing.

I'm not sure of his exact dimensions, however some on here think he is actually shorter than advertised and is not really tall enough for ruck.

From what I've seen he's showed a little bit of promise, but Goldstein and Currie are both around 25, so I don't see much of a future for him here.
Thanks

His listed as 200cm interesting to see if he is. He came for free i would be happy if the Tiges had a look.
Thanks

Sorry to intrude.

Required player?
Delisted?
Trade currency?

maybe rookied. No trade currency. I recall Brad saying most clubs usually have 3-4 ruckman on the list so he may not be delisted.

People saying they don't want Heath Shaw because his a flog surely aren't serious.

He is an All Australian, Premiership player whos still only 27.. If we were lucky enough to snag him he instantly improves our team 10 fold.....

Sorry to intrude.

Required player?
Delisted?
Trade currency?

What would you offer for him?
I could see him being kept on one more year but if a beneficial deal is brought up I'm sure we would do it even if its just pick upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back