List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a feeling NDS has made up his mind to come to us.

Came back from overseas which he was deciding his future then meet with our leadership group, met with St Kilda before going overseas again.

Would you leave if you didn't know what was going to happen?

IMO, just waiting for today when a offer can be giving then the Saints can release him to FA for a good pick.

Agree, My money is on Dal Santo being in blue and White next year fwiw.

Dal Santo will do what the Saints want him to do, make no mistake.

He is obviously open to coming to North but must wait until North offer him a contract, which can't happen until the Saints indicate that they are allowing him to be a free agent. The Saints are unsure as to what their compo will be and with a few irons in the fire are trying to figure out how best to approach this situation. Will they go via trade or FA?

The Saints may end up back flipping on Dal Santo, but that won't be his fault. He is a pawn in this.

I've decided I'll be happy in all this list nonsense if North doesn't take any punts on players who "just need a change of scenery". Take proven AFL players who want to play for North or talented draftees to swell the ranks. No Tony Armstrongs or Patrick Vezpremis or Jeremey Laidlers or any other charity cases.
Would rather see us take a speculative talls with pick 70 odd like Cameron Delaney was. Should be looking at developing good loyal long term players with as much of our list as possible.

There are a few clubs looking for KP forwards, I would be shopping Tarrant now. Let's not do a Mc Intosh and drop a round by waiting too late.

You cannot trade a player and have no replacement for him, Who will take Tarrant's spot??
Don't say Majak, Currie or wood.

I reckon we should trade Hansen now that he has currency.

After all with all that quality proven and fit depth we have in our key position stocks it would not be an issue at all covering him. If anyone goes down we just change the structure and push Spud or McMahon to full back.

I reckon we should trade Hansen now that he has currency.

After all with all that quality proven and fit depth we have in our key position stocks it would not be an issue at all covering him. If anyone goes down we just change the structure and push Spud or McMahon to full back.

I have heard that Hawthorn, Carlton and Stains are interested.

There are a few clubs looking for KP forwards, I would be shopping Tarrant now. Let's not do a Mc Intosh and drop a round by waiting too late.
Yeah no shit they are. That's why we keep the ones we have unless they are surplus. We're in a good position KP stocks wise.

I have heard that Hawthorn, Carlton and Stains are interested.
Just trade him the Carlton for Yarran.

Then Loose can play CHB once Grima's back goes and Spud can play loose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just trade him the Carlton for Yarran.

Then Loose can play CHB once Grima's back goes and Spud can play loose.

With Campbell not being in the side we should be trading for the additional player for the totem ruck approach. I am not sure that Yarran fits this mold.

Hansen to Hawthorn for Savage and a straight swap of 9th rounders

I don't rate Tarrant at all so I am happy for Currie or Daw or even Mabon to be looked at as a forward. If we can get a good pick, I would look at it.
That means Dish plays the hard leading role, creating space for the lumbering, unfit, or decidedly average player, the one replacing Taz, out of the square. With those feet...

We have a strong structure up forward, it works, it allows our best tall to play where he is most dangerous, it creates match up headaches for opposition coaches, why change it?

Tarrant didn't have a great year, his confidence when kicking for goal was down after he came back from 8 weeks out after suffering nerve damage to his leg. He runs hard, he runs to the right spots, he competes well, he brings the ball to ground creating opportunities for our half forwards, he is capable of kicking goals. He is no champ, but he is a very serviceable footballer with 38 AFL games to his name and an important part of our set up. Now, if Daw or Currie can show that they are capable of playing Tarrant's role better than Tarrant, then in they go. As of yet they have not shown that they can.

Just read on the AFL website that the Lions are interested in bidding for Luke.
Lion interest could force Kangaroos' hand on father-son prospect

THE BRISBANE Lions have given a strong hint that they will bid for North Melbourne father-son prospect Luke McDonald, forcing the Kangaroos to use their first NAB AFL Draft selection on the talented teenager......

The Lions recently met with McDonald at his Kew home.

Dal Santo will do what the Saints want him to do, make no mistake.

He is obviously open to coming to North but must wait until North offer him a contract, which can't happen until the Saints indicate that they are allowing him to be a free agent. The Saints are unsure as to what their compo will be and with a few irons in the fire are trying to figure out how best to approach this situation. Will they go via trade or FA?

The Saints may end up back flipping on Dal Santo, but that won't be his fault. He is a pawn in this.
He is contracted unless he is released by them so yes he is.

Doubt they want to pay him 600k when they will only win a few games with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back