The Official Aussie Rules vs Rugby League Mega Trollfest Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that all you've got? :eek: Still I guess it's better then the "gayfl" line and other homoerotic nonsense the average English Rugby Code followers spout.

The term GayFL is silly. Only morons use that one.

And I don't follow English Rugby since I'm not English. I follow Australian Rugby, otherwise known as the Wallabies. The Aussies beat England last weekend in London with around 80K in attendance.

What was the last international aussie rules game between England and Australia like? Did they get a big crowd?

Do the Adelaide Crows have 59,300 members? Genuine question - I have no idea.
The Crows membership total was 46,472 which is a fair effort knowing a higher total would force fans to miss out on seats at games due to AAMI stadium capacity.

Sure puts every NRL club to shame. Hell, even the two lowest membership totals (North & Bulldogs) were well over 28,000, almost double your highest membership total.

And I don't follow English Rugby since I'm not English. I follow Australian Rugby, otherwise known as the Wallabies. The Aussies beat England last weekend in London with around 80K in attendance.

What was the last international aussie rules game between England and Australia like? Did they get a big crowd?

Not our fault the rest of the world is stupid.

Good on the matildas for getting 80K, I hope the spectators are now cured of insomnia.

**** me dead those figures are terrible. :eek: I knew League was a dying code but I didn't realise it was already on life-support.

They're improving. As I said before, AFL has better crowds than the NRL. Better membership numbers too.

Because of the Poker Machines (as someone else quite rightly pointed out) Rugby League hasn't had to find another source of funding since the massive taxes came. Is it a coincidence that the club at the top has taken out all of their poker machines voluntarily and had to proactivley market their memberships?

Don't get all high and mighty about poker machines either, Victorian AFL clubs do make revenue out of them ...

Clarkey ran it at Hyde Park in London using t-shirts as goal posts. The crowd of 14 pigeons and 8 bag ladies were most confused.

**** me dead those figures are terrible. :eek: I knew League was a dying code but I didn't realise it was already on life-support.

and................believe it or not this year was supposedly a record year!!:eek::eek:

****!

Because of the Poker Machines (as someone else quite rightly pointed out) Rugby League hasn't had to find another source of funding since the massive taxes came. Is it a coincidence that the club at the top has taken out all of their poker machines voluntarily and had to proactivley market their memberships?
Yep, the massive difference in memberships could all be solved with better marketing :rolleyes:

Don't get all high and mighty about poker machines either, Victorian AFL clubs do make revenue out of them ...
Revenue yes, lifeblood no.

And in Aussie Rules you have to punch a ball like you are a medal chance in an anal fisting competition.
The only confirmed anal insertions over the last decade have come from League players. This is in additon to the constant anal-comment raising by the no-neck brigade.

The NRL obsesson with anus continues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never understood why rugby league fans call the AFL GayFL when you realise the NRL is the only code to have an openly gay player. Shouldn't we be referring to the NRL as GayRL? :confused:

Exhibit 1

ian_roberts_1122857c.jpg

Exhibit 2

ianroberts1.jpg

Exhibit 3

IanRobertsPinkBra-n-Panties.jpg

Don Scott ring any bells?

The Gold Coast Gazzas will be the biggest team on the coast within 15 years, this I am pretty sure of. The code is growing rapidly, kids are kicking footballs nowadays rather than passing them (they are FOOTballs afterall). To be honest though it doesn't bother me if they fail or not as I won't be switching teams because I'll be a Lion for life. This is passion, I'm too emotionally invested in the Lions and could never support any other club, though it will be nice to see a game in SEQ every week, whether I'm still living here or not.

How come the Rabbitohs club website lists the current members total as 4532?

2009 8638
2008 6641
2007 3300

Also the top Membership = $300.00

Sorry should have made myself clearer, when I say English Rugby codes I'm talking about the origin of the sport not where it's played.

Australian Football has no international presence we both know it so why ask?

Been doing a bit of research I see, worried much? :)

No just pointing out another one of your misleading statements. Social memberships have nothing to do with this debate.

Even your Victorian friends would know that no-one gives a toss about AFL on the Gold Coast. The freebie handout crowds at Cararra for your 'blockbuster' matches to get the Coast ready for Gazza the Gay Lifeguard compared to the Cantebury vs North Queensland games prove it.

2009 8638
2008 6641
2007 3300

Add to this that not only do people buy memberships, they also donate money to their club. Average people, donating their own money when they don't have to. This is passion leaguers.

2009 8638
2008 6641
2007 3300

Don't know mate, maybe they are season ticket holders as apposed to members? I was just using the article I sourced in my post. There are a few memberships that they have, like out of town members (with no ticket benefits), return to redfern members etc.

Add to this that not only do people buy memberships, they also donate money to their club. Average people, donating their own money when they don't have to. This is passion leaguers.
Didn't Michael O'Loughlin and some other fumbleballers donate some money to a lady to make her be quiet?

I think the Carlton Football Club did some money donations as well?

That's passion eh?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official Aussie Rules vs Rugby League Mega Trollfest Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back