The Official Aussie Rules vs Rugby League Mega Trollfest Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't Michael O'Loughlin and some other fumbleballers donate some money to a lady to make her be quiet?

I think the Carlton Football Club did some money donations as well?

That's passion eh?
Yes, and we got many a lulz out of it here on the Bay, but yeah, what has that got to do with supporters passion? Try again.

Don't know mate, maybe they are season ticket holders as apposed to members? I was just using the article I sourced in my post. There are a few memberships that they have, like out of town members (with no ticket benefits), return to redfern members etc.

You make no sense do South have 15,000 members yes or no?

Don't know mate, maybe they are season ticket holders as apposed to members? I was just using the article I sourced in my post. There are a few memberships that they have, like out of town members (with no ticket benefits), return to redfern members etc.

They are "Ticketed Members".

I assume we are all talking Ticketed Members here...the ones that go to the games...?

Wasn't footy a game cricketers played in the Winter to keep fit? The fact of how it was invented is irrelevant. It resembles nothing of Fagby and is a far superior game.

You are aware that Australian Rules is an off shoot of rugby, aren't you?

Oh, don't tell me! You believe the "marn grook" myth.

Aww bless.

And Rugby League is the poverty stricken bastard orphan of...............????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You make no sense do South have 15,000 members yes or no?

How does what I wrote make no sense? I said I sourced the article. I have no affiliation with Souths, so I don't know what their membership numbers are ... I then tried to explain it to you in a very polite way how their are different classes of memberships and season tickets which mean that it is possible that some were left out of some figures and some were included in others, leading to discrepancies.

So - to summarise, yes they have 15,000 members according to the article I posted. If you want to ring the Daily Telegraph and Souths and ask them why the numbers are different go for it.

I'm sorry I don't speak the language of Bleak City, capital of Victordia where the best thing to do on the weekend in winter is wrap a scarf around my neck and scream BAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL for 3 hours watching 50 seagulls fight over a chip.

You are aware that Australian Rules is an off shoot of rugby, aren't you?

Oh, don't tell me! You believe the "marn grook" myth.

Aww bless.

Rugby evolved from Soccer what's your point? The game of Australian Football was created in Australia for Australians.

If you wish to follow a foreign Rugby code good luck to you. :thumbsu:

Huh, who honestly cares?

Obviously not many - only 6,234 people turned out for the France v Australia game last weekend. Really says something when its supposed to be the best players from each country playing and they can hardly get 6,000 to the game. :eek:

How does what I wrote make no sense? I said I sourced the article. I have no affiliation with Souths, so I don't know what their membership numbers are ... I then tried to explain it to you in a very polite way how their are different classes of memberships and season tickets which mean that it is possible that some were left out of some figures and some were included in others, leading to discrepancies.

So - to summarise, yes they have 15,000 members according to the article I posted. If you want to ring the Daily Telegraph and Souths and ask them why the numbers are different go for it.

I'm sorry I don't speak the language of Bleak City, capital of Victordia where the best thing to do on the weekend in winter is wrap a scarf around my neck and scream BAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL for 3 hours watching 50 seagulls fight over a chip.

Alot better than watching 40 blokes examing each others bums to to see if some shit has stuck to their arse cheeks, attendance figures would indicate this is as well.

In order of what I'd watch.
1. Any Lions game
2. Any other AFL game thats on the weekend if I'm at home
3. SOO
4. Any Wallabies match
5. Half a Broncos game maybe once or twice a year when I am seriously bored on a Friday night

Biffo, I assume you take the line that League is the superior product. If so, why does it struggle so badly for members and crowds? This isn't even having a shot, the common line on LU is "We have the superior / better / less gay product", and if this is so, why such a lack of interest?

Second of all, why are people on LU obsessed with homosexuality? Dead set honest question.

Spiteful Beetle is a RU fan Einstein, don't really think he's mentioned RL? Are you the same mental midget who thought Brisbane was in NSW?
Then what the hell is he doing in an Australian Rules versus Rugby League thread?

Must be the cauliflower ears playing up.

Obviously not many - only 6,234 people turned out for the France v Australia game last weekend. Really says something when its supposed to be the best players from each country playing and they can hardly get 6,000 to the game. :eek:

They got 12,000 in Tolouse which is a more rugby orientated area for the France v NZ game.

Do you think 6,000 French people have heard of Keith Shandy the face of international AFLOL? Do you think 12,000 New Zealanders have?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official Aussie Rules vs Rugby League Mega Trollfest Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back