The official "Where are you sitting next Saturday" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

M36 Standing, hopefully get their nice and early to secure a good spot.

I'm M24 standing... what's the process with standing exactly? Do they only let a certain number of people into a quardened off area? I'm not sure there would be too much point getting there extra early if this is the case?

Anyone else know the process with standing areas? They're just at the back of the last row of seats on the ground level yeah?

I'm M24 standing... what's the process with standing exactly? Do they only let a certain number of people into a quardened off area? I'm not sure there would be too much point getting there extra early if this is the case?

Anyone else know the process with standing areas? They're just at the back of the last row of seats on the ground level yeah?
So that you can get a spot in the front and don't get stuck up the back.

Re: Concession tickets/cards.

If you know someone who has Adobe Illustrator, or can use it yourself, there are PDFs on Australia Govt websites that have 'samples' of Healthcare cards. Once you bring it in to Illustrator, it makes it pretty easy to edit without pixellation.

at home missed out in the ballot l hope at some people that missed out last year are going this year and the people that went last year and are going again you are lucky sons of b..... but l wouldn't be going on about it too much just that your lucky stars your going

So that you can get a spot in the front and don't get stuck up the back.

Yeah I figure that, but it's not as if they will let 60 people into a standing room section if 60 can only just fit in? That's is more what I want to know of the people who have had standing room tickets in the past... is it reasonably civilised or is it like a bullpit.

To the person with the concession ticket, I've been told you can upgrade it to an adult ticket by paying the difference at Gate 3 of the MCG from 8:00am on Saturday.

Yeah I figure that, but it's not as if they will let 60 people into a standing room section if 60 can only just fit in? That's is more what I want to know of the people who have had standing room tickets in the past... is it reasonably civilised or is it like a bullpit.

hey mate, my old man and i were in standing room last year. dad was late as usual, and we got some dirty looks when we tried to sqeeze into a few spots...at the start it definitely is like a bull pit, jostling for best position...

but, by the end of the day we were all hugging complete strangers and sharing beers...standing room definitely is an experience!

i know we got tickets again this yr but wont find out till later in the week where they are! its very frustrating, but am so thrilled to get the chance to go again!!! and feel so sorry for the poor ppl who missed out again, bad luck guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey mate, my old man and i were in standing room last year. dad was late as usual, and we got some dirty looks when we tried to sqeeze into a few spots...at the start it definitely is like a bull pit, jostling for best position...

but, by the end of the day we were all hugging complete strangers and sharing beers...standing room definitely is an experience!

i know we got tickets again this yr but wont find out till later in the week where they are! its very frustrating, but am so thrilled to get the chance to go again!!! and feel so sorry for the poor ppl who missed out again, bad luck guys

Thanks for the advice mate. What time did you get there last year? What time do you think is necessary in order to acquire a relatively acceptable position?

ALso, my old lady is coming along with me and Dad, and she is about 5'2"... d'ya reckon she'll be treated kindly and ushered to the front. Me and the old man will cope, but she will surely struggle if she has to stand behind someone.

Do concession ticket holders simply have to present their concession card to the red coats, should they be asked?

I'm not too familiar with concession tickets, and i'd hate for the one concession ticket holder in our group to not be able to get in because they've not got the appropriate level of ID.

Do concession ticket holders simply have to present their concession card to the red coats, should they be asked?

I'm not too familiar with concession tickets, and i'd hate for the one concession ticket holder in our group to not be able to get in because they've not got the appropriate level of ID.
If they asked, yes. But follow the advice from my post a page or two back.

Thanks heaps guys for replying to my question. i have just spoken to a very reliable source who tells me that they wont check at the gates but may check when you pick up your tickets. The main reasons being that it takes too much time and it is a bit risky if the concession card holder has a 'on edge' medical condition that they may get stressed etc and flip out if asked to produce id in a pressure situation like a long que at a GF.

Thanks again!

Thanks heaps guys for replying to my question. i have just spoken to a very reliable source who tells me that they wont check at the gates but may check when you pick up your tickets. The main reasons being that it takes too much time and it is a bit risky if the concession card holder has a 'on edge' medical condition that they may get stressed etc and flip out if asked to produce id in a pressure situation like a long que at a GF.

Thanks again!
I work there on event days and that's pretty much it. Although some staff love enforcing the power so just be a touch careful.

i have just spoken to a very reliable source who tells me that they wont check at the gates but may check when you pick up your tickets.

I picked up two adult and one concession ticket earlier today and they didn't mention anything about the concession ticket, let alone ask for the concession card.

He didn't even need my receipt number, simply typed my credit card number into the computer, printed my tickets out and then had me sign something.
He didn't even check the signature.

M36 Row MM. Bit annoyed being a september member and all, but there are lots that didn't get tickets so i'm happy at least. i was alot closer last year row d.

You can ring up Ticketmaster and find your seats and they'll give you another reference number. Just found out we are M25 standing room. Just glad to have a ticket!

Remove this Banner Ad

The official "Where are you sitting next Saturday" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back