The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Two positives from yesterday:
  1. Jordan Lisle is really improving and looks like he have solved part of our forward line problems
  2. Patfull - how he wasn't the co-captain still bewilders me. Now appears to of taken on the role of leading the defence team and doing really well backing up his B&F form from last year. Gone are the days when I used to refer to him as Pitiful.

I was super impressed with the fight this team showed. I saw one poster on the main board post after the win something along the lines of "This comeback win hasn't surprised me, the Lions always make amazing comebacks". It got me thinking. Voss always had a never say die attitude out on the field and I think it is fair to say that he has transferred that attitude to his playing group:thumbsu:

Clarke and Yeo. Two very young defenders but boy oh boy do they look like 150 gamers or what? They are both so good under pressure! We have two beauties on our hands here:thumbsu:

Leuenberger, Moloney, Rich, Black. Credit to these guys for being the main men in the engine room who made the fight back a reality. Zorko was outstanding in that last quarter as well and of course credit to McGrath for sealing the win after the siren!

Clarke and Yeo. Two very young defenders but boy oh boy do they look like 150 gamers or what? They are both so good under pressure! We have two beauties on our hands here:thumbsu:

Leuenberger, Moloney, Rich, Black. Credit to these guys for being the main men in the engine room who made the fight back a reality. Zorko was outstanding in that last quarter as well and of course credit to McGrath for sealing the win after the siren!
The Iceman goaleth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whenever I get an alert that alerts me of the fact that you have quoted one of my posts, I instantly think I am in trouble:p

haha I thought the same thing earlier. I got scared and thought, Don't tell me I wasn't allowed to make that joke about Patfull on the positives thread :(

Chatting to a couple of British Lions supporters at 3/4 time. They thought the "Brisbane - clap, clap, clap" chant was pus. When I told them of the "Liiioooons" version (which the British Lions supporters do too), they got quite excited.

Anyhow, Zorko kicked a goal, I caught their eye and we gave it a massive "Liiiiooons!". They loved it and were right into it from then on, singing after every goal. After the game, they said their tour mates at the ground were texting each other and saying how awesome the atmosphere was and how good it was to hear the Lions chant again that weekend. When I left the ground, one of them said to me "your lot should never do that fookin' clapping shite again!"

* excuse the swearing but it is too good a story to censor!

I seem to recall that the "Lions" chant caught on after the last British Lions tour from a number of years ago, but then faded away over the past decade or so.

I'm all for it, wherever we play.

To me its like a call to arms from the fans to the players - asking them to attack like Lions, fight like Lions etc - all those attributes for what a "Lion" moniker should be for the club.

To me the chant offers more than the Brisbane clap clap clap. Look at the Col-ling-wood call when they are up and running - you could not help but be pumped up as a player. To me the "Lions" chant offers that.

To me the chant offers more than the Brisbane clap clap clap. Look at the Col-ling-wood call when they are up and running - you could not help but be pumped up as a player. To me the "Lions" chant offers that.

I don't want to be too precious about it because at least the crowd is making some noise when the clap, clap, clap thing starts.

But the Lions chant echoes around the ground. It is nigh on impossible to synchronise the clap, clap, clap across multiple sections - you end up with some people clapping when others are saying "Brisbane" and it just sounds muddled up. With the Lions chant, it doesn't matter that the crowd isn't in complete unison as that echo actually makes it sound better.

We had a half a dozen rugby union supporters and their mate who was a Geelong supporter sitting behind us. Had the union dudes converted to Lions by full time.
On side note Nik Wallenda has big cahoonas. Just watched his walk across the Grand Canyon.

Remove this Banner Ad

The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back