The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Two positives from yesterday:
  1. Jordan Lisle is really improving and looks like he have solved part of our forward line problems
  2. Patfull - how he wasn't the co-captain still bewilders me. Now appears to of taken on the role of leading the defence team and doing really well backing up his B&F form from last year. Gone are the days when I used to refer to him as Pitiful.

Was lucky enough to be watching the players warm down after the Collingwood game, the mids forwards and backs had split into groups and were discussing/dissecting the game... Patfull appeared to be doing most of the talking, and was plenty critical, dropping plenty of F bombs, and very well showing his disappointment. Did it constructively though, was just really gutted.

Was lucky enough to be watching the players warm down after the Collingwood game, the mids forwards and backs had split into groups and were discussing/dissecting the game... Patfull appeared to be doing most of the talking, and was plenty critical, dropping plenty of F bombs, and very well showing his disappointment. Did it constructively though, was just really gutted.
:eek:

The worst part is at times I think Adcock doesn't even realise he is captain, what happened at the presentation of the NAB Cup is a prime example of that, Brown had to force him up.

Just hope that it is recitified next season when Brown is no longer captain so they have to look at it again.

And people laughed at me when I said Patfull for Captain. He's not the natural "in your face" leader, but he gets the job done with no fuss and can direct others in how to do their jobs.

Plus, unlike other Joels I can mention, he doesn't duck. QUACK!

A big positive is that we beat Geelong with the below players in the reserve team:

Bewick, Maguire, Polec, Karnezis, Green, Cornelius, Banfield, Bartlett, Paparone, Polkinghorne & Raines :thumbsu:

All have their shortcomings; but are quite useful as depth players / players outside the top 16 in the team.

*Green, Polec & Karnezis can get into our top dozen or so in the coming seasons :footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to say it again. Justin Clarke. Tough day for the kid, but a good learning experience, and he had some good wins as well. Easily my favourite young player coming through this year. Tall defenders are seriously hard to find, and before the start of this year I was getting really worried about the age bracket of Merrett, Patfull, Goose & Stakes. Take away those 4 and we'd be royally stuffed. Clarke will take Sauce's job & excel at it when he's gone. We need to find another one this year.

Also, Lisle has a future with us. He has footy smarts, and I love his work by hands up forward. We need the same thing to happen down that end re: finding another one during the off season. Really think we've sorted out at least one bookend at either end going forward now though, and god did we need to.

Lisle used to turn like a bus last year.

His athleticism has come in leaps and bounds, still got some ways to go but I'm liking what I see.

The 2nd quarter was a huge positive for me. Pegged it back and in patches got some momentum happening. Just a shame it couldn't carry.

We had really good run at the start of the third as well. Justin Clarke is also a postive for me, I know Roughy had a good game but the unearthing of Clarke has solved one of our future key position deficiencies

I think Golby is coming along. The mistakes are still there but he just plays like he is learning every game. I like the fact that he has been getting forward and grabbing a couple of goals lately.

I thought Rich was fantastic today haven't checked the numbers but he had plenty of centre clearences and inside 50s.

I loved Rich's game too. He's just so damaging... five years in I'm still taking him ahead of Hill and Yarran's "potential".

Definitely seeing more to like about Lisle. If we persevere I think he is going to make it. Showing more enterprise these last few games, considering he is still pretty inexperienced at this level really.

Remove this Banner Ad

The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back