The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Overheard an old time Hawks fan at the game tonight. He had obviously followed his team for a long time: "the Lions remind me of the Hawks about a year before we started to get our act together. Back when we just couldn't quite make things click. That's what they're like right now. The Lions will be right back up there in a few years."
I hope he is right.

even though this has been yet another really trying season results wise to be a lions supporter, i feel there has been enough positive signs on view this year and the previous 2 to suggest we might finally be on the right track.

1. we have the beginnings of what i think will be a very good defensive group, this is a pretty good looking back 6 for the future IMO.

darcy gardner ?? trade/FA?? allen christensen
tom cutler harris andrews daniel mcstay

2. a group of competitive never say die will not back down players. ie. intimidation factor.

mitch robinson, darcy gardner, nick robertson, rhys matheison.

3. dayne zorko has taken his game to another level, AA form at the moment. when we are hopefully contending for a top 4 spot in 3/4 years we will need a core of experienced 30+ year olds/200 gamers and in d.beams, t.rockliff and zorko we may have our hodge/mitchell/burgoyne equivalents.

4. josh schache.

allison, rolls, watson from the academy and another gun top 2/3 talent this year. i am still clinging to the hope that we are heading in the right direction.

my lions dream team for 2017.

back 6.
d.gardner m.hurley:) p.hanley
t.cutler h.andrews d.mcstay depth- paparone, harwood, skinner, watson, rolls, william.

mids.
s.martin t.rockliff d.beams
d.zorko m.robinson b.keays depth- smith, evans, jansen, bastinac.

forward 6.
r.matheison j.freeman s.mayes
s.petrevski-seton:) j.schache j.allison depth- bell, mcgrath, close, bewick, walker, lester, green.

int.
n.robertson a.christensen d.rich l.taylor. rich to primarily play behind the ball.

still in desperate need of a good experienced key position forward but nobody gives them away unfortunately. we need to jag a josh bruce type who is just about to break out, over to you list management/recruitment team time to earn your money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normally I get a bit over the Mumford orgasming but that was seriously an amazing tackle just then - opponent put his head down as he ran towards Mumford, and Mummy switched his arms completely and tackled a head down player completely fairly.

I made a very nice double cooked sticky pork spare ribs.

Hmm...

I'm as fit as I have been for a long time as I exercise my stress away after each Brisbane Loss.

This thread... because I'm not sure I can stand to read the depressing sh*t in half the other threads any longer.

Oh, and my nephew supports Carlton, so at least someone in the family is finally getting some joy out of football.

I'm as fit as I have been for a long time as I exercise my stress away after each Brisbane Loss.

118528-88cff38e-f8ce-11e3-a06e-793f22b94a46.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back